Any new bounties ?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    IMHO the bounty program is already a success with sshcon and the promising work being done on eztcp.
    Do you guys have great bounties ideas you would like to submit ?
  • »27.07.05 - 17:30
  • Targhan
    Thanks cdfr!

As a matter of fact, we will be adding a whole new subsection shortly. Tentively called "donateware", it's for authors, groups, etc that have donate buttons on their site, a paypal account, or whatever. (A good example is the members of AmigaZeux, who make software we can't live without, but is not really "bounty" type stuff. Another example is Poly's Organizer (PolyOrga).

We'll be adding other projects to this listing too of coarse ('Zilla, OpenAladdin, AROS, etc). The code is ready, it's just a matter of figuring out WHERE to put it ;-)
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »27.07.05 - 18:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    weiseb
    I would like to see a morphos native x-server
    but I prefer a developer offering a Self Bounty
    or at least show interest in doing a x-server.
  • »27.07.05 - 18:35
  • Targhan
    @weiseb

I think I will agree with you. Some projects are just better that way.

• »27.07.05 - 19:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    roschmyr
    i would like to see a RemoteDesktop-server or a VNC-server

@Targhan
    where is the bounty for the MLD-gui?
  • »27.07.05 - 19:40
  • Targhan
    @roschmyr

It's in the works, just got interrupted by the issues over the last week or so. I fully intend to put a bounty up for this, because... you aren't the only one who wants that ;-)

• »27.07.05 - 19:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    roschmyr
    @Targhan

Nice to hear. I hope it will have remote-control :-)
  • »27.07.05 - 20:03
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Phantom
    Well for now I think that the project MorphZilla must be the next, so we can have the best browser around (FireFox)...
  • »28.07.05 - 01:28
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Kaczus
    I know about a little project, but author waits with information till
    the moment, when he can show something iteresting... He wants to do it
    in this summer.
    Kaczus/BlaBla & AUG-Lodz Happy Pegasos User
  • »02.08.05 - 21:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Phantom
    IMHO forget about the "Morphzilla" or "Amizilla" project. This is not going to happen. What we need is to fund furthur development of the Current Browsers like Vger, Aweb, and IB..

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »02.08.05 - 22:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    analogkid
    how about a good ICQ/AIM client, like GAIM ?
  • »02.08.05 - 23:19
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Doesnt Jabberwocky work ?

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »02.08.05 - 23:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Kaczus
    I think, we need good source level debugger for C and C++...
    Kaczus/BlaBla & AUG-Lodz Happy Pegasos User
  • »03.08.05 - 07:12
    Profile Visit Website
    analogkid
    it works, yes. But GAIM has more features, and supports server-side buddy-lists on ICQ.
  • »03.08.05 - 07:47
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    What about an USB 2.0 High Speed mode driver?

We can base the developemnt on a chipset, and write a driver for the chipset and not for a concrete card.

Would be nice a too a radeon3d driver. Yeah, its supossed to be on MOS 1.5, but...MOS 1.5 anyone?

[ Edited by FrankBrana on 2005/8/3 6:07 ]
  • »03.08.05 - 08:06
  • Just looking around
    MinisterQ
    http://amigg.com/pliki.jpg
    http://amigg.com/zakladki.jpg
    http://amigg.com/zakladki1.jpg

This is a GaduGadu client, only for polish users (for now). English version is coming. Still under development, new protocols (tlen, irc, jabber) will be added soon (maybe - it's a matter of my motivation) ;)

[ Edited by MinisterQ on 2005/8/3 7:36 ]
  • »03.08.05 - 08:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    @MinisterQ

this app looks nice, promising !
    i can see a sound icon, does it handle voice too ?

a port of Gaim would be amazing but if we can have something native to MOS with similar features it would be even better !
  • »03.08.05 - 08:40
  • Just looking around
    grxmrx
    More screenshots:
    http://daminet.pl/~grxmrx/pics/amigg/screenshot001.png
    http://daminet.pl/~grxmrx/pics/amigg/screenshot002.png
    http://daminet.pl/~grxmrx/pics/amigg/screenshot003.png

;)
  • »03.08.05 - 09:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    MinisterQ
    @SoundSquare

>i can see a sound icon, does it handle voice too ?

Not yet. But will be. :)

>but if we can have something native to MOS with similar
    >features it would be even better !

AmiGG is native for MorphOS since version 0.42...

more shots:

http://amigg.com/12.jpg
    http://amigg.com/13.jpg
    http://amigg.com/14.jpg
  • »03.08.05 - 09:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    MinisterQ:
    Hey I was hoping since a while that AmiGG will have support for more protocols :) Would be cool seeing this happen.

Thread:
    Well I was thinking about a Bounty Setup (unfortunatelly I am currently not able to start it, but perhaps someone else might pick up the Idea?) for a VCD mastering tool Effort. I have done this allready with existing ports, but it was not very comfortable and didn`t work allways as expected. What I thought about is a "three stage Bounty":
    First Step:
    port VCDImager to MorphOS (with xml Support) and add a simple gui. It must be possible to add several mpeg streams to it to make a simple vcd as well as doing a more complex VCD by loading a xml definition file.

Second Step:
    The VCD Gui should be improved, it should be able to generate the neccesary xml file, all options must be available by the gui, files are added by drag and drop, so one has a overview how the final vcd is arranged.
    stillmpeg support should be available as well as a multiplexer, which can join mpeg audio and video streams
    together (neccesary for building funky videoCD Menus)
    Note: The Multiplexer must be able to generate 100% valid mpeg streams, meaning that vcdimager won`t pad the resulting stream. The problem with such padded streams is, that at least im my case, they won`t work as VCD Menus on my standalone DVD Player. And it should process Streams done for example with wildfire without giving up. (Wildfire produces valid mpeg streams with mpeg2enc, but so far I found not a single multiplexer which worked as expected, most of them gave up during multiplexing, or produced a non valid mpeg stream, but it also happend with streams generated with tmpegenc btw)

Final Step:
    Well I guess this might be the hardest Task, With this step it should be able to generate a VCD with one single application: It should be able to generate a full working vcd or svcd, including to burn the final cd. Therefore it is neccesarry to port an encoder (ffmpeg I guess, as mencoder until now still isn`t able to produce VCD compliant streams, at least vcds need a constand bitrate, while mencoder provides allways variable bitrates) which is accepts various inputs, for example single images as well as divx or such. Also a port of cdrtools is required, so the generated VCD Image can be burned directly. I know there are allready various burning tools, but I think it would be really cool to do everything with a single app.
    Ok, thats my input so far, not everything is worked out into detail, for example I have no Idea currently whether such an effort can be expanded easily for a DVD Mastering tool ( I don`t have a DVD burner and therefore no Idea what tools are needed) The last task could be splitted perhaps to have a four stage effort.
    Also if one thinks he can do all the tools from scratch, feel free to do so (Anyway I think it might be a better Idea just to do the ports and glue everything together, because those tools are allready supported since a while)
    The ports itself shouldn`t be a hard task to do, because most if not all of them existing allready as 68k ports/simple recompiles

What do you think?
  • »03.08.05 - 10:16
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Yomgui
    @MinisterQ:

yeah! very good job! And you give me more holidays... I had started to write my own client, but no time to finish... 8-)
    And now... next project!
  • »03.08.05 - 11:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Ronald
    I would suggest a bountie for a better default theme. MorphOS has a very dull theme by default. Maybe to attract new users to the MorphOS, a new theme would be better?

Just a thought. :-)
    - Ronald
  • »04.08.05 - 08:19
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    mahen
    This is true :) A coherency of the MUI settings and the intuition skin would be very nice :) The default MUI settings are not really pretty and kinda shock with some skins ;)

(ocinel ? nowee ? :)
    xmpp:mahen on jabber.fr
  • »04.08.05 - 09:30
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    What about an USB2.0 driver bounty?

I think its one of the most desireed features for all MOS users.

Just take on reference an Ali or Nec chipset and, once the driver is made, go to the corner shop and adquire one.

Would be great! 8-)

[ Edited by FrankBrana on 2005/8/6 9:55 ]
  • »06.08.05 - 11:55
    Crumb
    Yeah, it would be nice.

Guido Mersmann may accept the bounty if he became interested and realease a native MOS version. But I think that one of the problems is that SmartFirmware can't initialize USB VIA cards correctly with old firmware (not the one used in the ODW).

What about a Firewire stack? a mass storage class (a firewirescsi.device) may be enough and would allow users to connect their DV Cameras, hard drives etc... It should be easier than a USB stack because:
    a) All pegasos support Firewire and all pegasos use the same chip
    b) There are not so many devices available for Firewire.

I don't know if it's planned for MOS1.5, but it may be a good idea. It's a pity that we can't use all the devices of the motherboard from MorphOS...

USB2 may be great but if I remember correctly, many PegasosII may require a firmware update to use VIA cards. On the other hand, NEC cards should work without problems... yeah a USB2 driver would be definitely welcome.

A BT878 Reggae class and a program that can convert and join one or various audio/video stream (or file) to another audio/video stream (or file) may be interesting too. If I understand it correctly you may have a video stream and Reggae could supply it to any program (like a video converter).

That would allow you to record something from composite video, add a logo in the bottom and output it with the video out of the graphic card nearly realtime :-) It would be a poor man's genlock :-D
  • »06.08.05 - 15:50
    Profile Visit Website