Art project ideas...?
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    ButterflyKisses
    I am working at a summer camp with kids ages 10-14. I am in desperate need of some art project ideas to do with them that are cheap and easy. please help!
  • »21.06.05 - 03:35
  • Targhan
    1. styrofoam egg cartons, pipe cleaners, a bag of eyeballs from the craft store, some fishing wire and popsicle sticks == catapillars or puppets.

2. a heap of colored paper and an origami book.

3. one iron (for ironing your clothes with kind of iron, used by you), waxpaper, crayon shavings, pick some flowers from a field (leaves grass whatever). sprinkle shavings on paper, add flowers clovers etc on the waxed side, fold paper over, and iron it for a few seconds. pouf.

4. Use two empty pringles cans, two empty quacker oats cannisters, four small empty cerial boxes, some glue, and a some kind of paint. -> a play castle!

5. pringle cans can also make kalidascopes and pencil holders with various other things.

6. General rule: glue + construction paper + scissors + any canister == some kind of container (flower pot, pencil holder, etc). small quart sized milk containers can be used too.

7. find old hosed up cd's that didn't quite survive the burning process from a computer (or scratched cds) can make clocks, coasters, and with a little foam and cardboard -- picture frames!

8. popscicle stick picture frames.

9. really cheap now: walnuts + toothpicks + glue make stick people.

10. Pine cones, glitter or paint, and glue is always a winner.

11. Saving the best for last... I did this myself as a kid.... Star Wars reference!

a) one styrofoam cup (body)
    b) one tube from a roll of paper towels (connect wing to body)
    c) one empty cerial box cut to make wings.

use scissors, glue, and tape and turn the above into a Imperial Tie-fighter!

a) one tube from a roll of paper towels (body)
    b) four tubes from toilette paper (engines)
    c) One empty box of cerial (wings)
    d) four straws (laser guns)

Use scissors, tape, and glue to turn the above items into a rebol X-Wing fighter!

You better have read this!!!!!
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »22.06.05 - 06:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    oh man those are great ideas!!!!!!!!! i pount out u responded to her asap. thanks a lot she really needed this
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »22.06.05 - 08:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    hey no problem, my wife rattled most of them off, but I would remember the old star wars crafts ;-)
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »22.06.05 - 09:45
    Profile Visit Website