Possible Amiga Show/Party in the UK
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Darren (aka Ryu on the Amiga boards) is trying to put together an informal party/show for all things Amiga in Scunny, in the East Midlands of the UK.

If he manages to work it all out I'll be there with the AROS tower of power running all the latest stuff, he'll have his A1200 PPC running OS4, and there will no doubt be some Amiga A1s and anyone with a Pegasos would be most welcome too :-)

We'll also have an XBox network set up for some network gaming, and there will be a bar on tap (pun intended ;-)).

If you're interested please vote here!
    -~= Amiga Cats don't get Microsoft worms! =~-
  • »20.02.05 - 00:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Just a quick note to say that this is now confirmed and the venue is booked. Are there any Peg users who can attend?

It would be nice to get all three Amiga camps under one roof for a party/show!
  • »25.02.05 - 23:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Bump!

C'mon, there must be someone with a Peg who could come along? 1st round on me if you do ...
  • »01.03.05 - 21:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Well, the show went well with all kinds of cool stuff on show, the only thing missing was a Morphos representative :-(

If anyone wants to keep Morphos well represented in future UK Amiga shows the next one will be the Big Bash 3 in September, in Peterborough, and I'm sure after this event's success there will be another show in Scunny next year too :-)
  • »03.04.05 - 01:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    OldAmigan
    Yeah, I posted here about SCAG, too, and got no replies. A bit disappointing, as there were plenty of folk at the show who would have been quite interested to see what a Peg is like. I, and many others are of the opinion that its time all Amigans became one community again.
    That doesn't preclude having different systems, rather it makes life more interesting. However, it could ensure we keep on getting software written.
    Ah, well, maybe next year?
    Amiga 500, A600 (x2), A1200 (x2), CDTV, AmigaOne XE G4 with AOS4.1, PC with AmigaForever2010, Netbook with AmigaForever2011 and AROS, PowerMac G4 with OSX 10.4.11 and MorphOS, Powermac G5, Mac Mini G4 with 10.5 and MorphOS
  • »03.04.05 - 16:22
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Its a shame we dont get these types of partys here in the states! I
    would love to go to a few of them. Anyone want to organize one here in
    the West Coast in the San Diego area?
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »03.04.05 - 16:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bifford
    I would have turned up with my Peg but it was just too awkward this tiem round - and if it was on a saturday that is my usual day for working.

Acill - Here's a thought: why dont YOU organise a show!???? ;-)

Bifford
    ========
    Bifford the Youngest

My Website at: www.whiteharegames.co.uk/
  • »04.04.05 - 06:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    I was a little disappointed by the fact nobody replied, but things here seem pretty quiet ATM - I was just hoping you guys weren't dropping out of the Amiga world :-? !

The likelyhood is for shows in the future to all be on Saturdays - it gives the majority (9-5'ers) time to recover ;-)

Next time I'm tempted to have my A500 & A1200, borrow a projector, and have some demos playing on walls or something. Operating systems and games are nice, but some rock & roll was needed! :-D

Acill - Have a word with The-Editor & Ryu before contemplating putting on your own show, they've both learnt lots from their mistakes ;-) It's worthwile :-)
  • »05.04.05 - 22:27
    Profile Visit Website