I had a dream last night ...
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    ... about new Pegasos hardware! Yes, it was a 1.4GHz 7447A G4 CPU card!

That would be 40% faster than the *fastest* Amiga-like system available today!

What do you think? Wouldn't that be hot stuff? But still cool perhaps, who knows? ;-) (<- WTF?! When did this site turn ... _GHEY_? ;-))

[ Edited by takemehomegrandma on 2005/2/10 13:41 ]
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »10.02.05 - 20:38
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DSLCC
    It'd be a great machine for dnetc crunching! :)
    Pegasos 1 G3 MorphOS 1.4.5* Mac G4 Sawtooth 1Ghz Tiger 10.4.1* Both Rock! :-D
  • »10.02.05 - 23:48
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AyoS
    ... Thats a great dream Hope it becomes a reality in 2005.
    ... another dream I wish to come true, Dual Processors :-D
  • »11.02.05 - 02:13
  • Just looking around
    GothOtaku
    Quote:

... another dream I wish to come true, Dual Processors :-D

I was just thinking about how cool that'd be all day long. That and maybe a Pegasos laptop. I'd shell out the necessary money for that...
  • »11.02.05 - 04:54
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Yes, wouldn't it be cool to have *the fastest* G4 CPU ever built in a Pegasos II (the 1.42GHz version is the fastest of them, right?). I mean, pushing the Peg to the edge! :-)

A fun observation is that if you would put a beast like this one inside a PegasosII/ODW it would almost become twice as fast (well, uhmm, give or take 200MHz or so ;-)) as a certain competing Amiga-like system from an other manufacturer(s?). :-o Almost twice the speed! And that was in raw CPU power, Northbridge performance may definitely play a role in overall performance. *Plus* the Altivec on top of that! :-o :-D

It's a pity that the Altivec still is unavailable for MorphOS application developers. I believe that several creative programmes would find use for that one in various applications. But I'm sure it will get here some day. It's there for Linux developers though, and things happens there!

@ DSLCC

Indeed! And then when MorphOS Altivec becomes public we'll go through the roof!

@ Katos1

Yes I have dreamt of dual CPU's too of course (that would be really cool in my Linux box :-D). After all, the Pegasos is a dual PPC computer, at least it say so on the motherboard PCB. ;-)

@ GothOtaku

Agree! :-) And if you have read carefully on forums, you will know of Genesi's ambition of creating a hand held system, an iPod killer. If I would speculate it would use one of the latest announced System on Chip processors/controllers with high performance (unlike the iPod) and many uber-powerful features, right inside the CPU silicon. If a thing like that is designed properly to be "general enough", it could probably be used in laptop cases as well, in A1200 style cases, at the backside of flat monitors (like the new iMac), etc. If/when that happens, it would be the next real step (no wait -- *leap*) forward in the Pegasos hardware department.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »11.02.05 - 09:50