Parts of MOS 1.5 pirated
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    serge
    A link with parts of MOS 1.5 was posted on this forum this morning. This is not official and is a pirate action.

The thread was delated.

people are despaired.

[ Edited by serge on 2005/1/19 13:33 ]
  • »19.01.05 - 12:30
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    liquidbit
    to be or not be?
    to be used or not be used?

..thats my final question...
    ..there will be only one left.
  • »19.01.05 - 12:34
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Kaczus
    I knew, it had to happened. What a pity, the version is not quite usable for me.

***** edit by tokai: your own fault. Don't use warez. Let's that be a warning for all, this so called "update" will make half of your system unfunctional. *****

[ Edited by tokai on 2005/1/19 14:39 ]
    I don't use this vares, because it is not quite usable version or me. And next, if mosteam stops development, i'm afraid i wouldn't use any version of MOS.

[ Edited by Kaczus on 2005/1/20 13:15 ]
    Kaczus/BlaBla & AUG-Lodz Happy Pegasos User
  • »19.01.05 - 12:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    well... i wish it could kick the MOS devs's butts and force them to communicate. That would have been useful at least.
  • »19.01.05 - 12:46
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    mcbarlo
    ***** [cut] (tokai) *****

Censure suxx!

***** edit: And spreading warez too! Please do your illegal action somethere else next time or use your brain and don't do them at all. Thanks. -- tokai *****

[ Edited by tokai on 2005/1/19 14:37 ]
  • »19.01.05 - 12:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Damn shame, I hope we a least get one real official release of it soon before its over for good.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »19.01.05 - 13:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    McBarlo.. It ain't about sensure.. it's about copyrights and IP..
    http://somequicknotes.blogspot.com/index.html
  • »19.01.05 - 13:15
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DSLCC
    That's disgusting...the very thing that destroyed the Amiga community. Stop it. If we can't have a legitimate upgrade we'll just have to move on to something else. Don't pirate the stuff it won't help anyone. Besides - reading the IRC log indicates what was suspected for a long time...some of the devs had no interest in completing MOS and were wanting to be paid for uncompleted work. This 'update' is the result of a whole years worth of unfocused laxidazical half-hearted work. Like laire said and I agree - if they could not focus and release 1.5 during the peak of MOS publicity, they certainly cannot do it now. Give it up guys.

:-?

[ Edited by DSLCC on 2005/1/19 8:13 ]
    Pegasos 1 G3 MorphOS 1.4.5* Mac G4 Sawtooth 1Ghz Tiger 10.4.1* Both Rock! :-D
  • »19.01.05 - 14:10
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AyoS
    @DSLCC

Huh??? I will not agree with the piracy, but their is much more to the story than what Laire said in that irc log... He never once stated why the developers became dissolusioned... I believe it has to do with $$$, or the lack of future $$$. Who wants to work for something they don't think they will ever get paid for?? Who wants to support a company that has payment issues with some of the other developers, Dale Rahn, etc... All these things added to the problems. "check's in the Mail," non-payment of some Thendic employees, Problems with Air France situation, All these things combined helped damage the development status of Mos. And I am sure their are things that the public doesn't know about....
    On top of this You cannot blame bbrv/laire/Genesi for all that happened. Some is their fault but somethings are uncontrollable...

The Pegasos II is a great product. I Believe given some time it (or its successors) may become a huge success.
  • »19.01.05 - 14:51
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    cecilia
    Quote:

Who wants to work for something they don't think they will ever get paid for?? Who wants to support a company that has payment issues
    and who wants to work for a company that doesn't properly communicate.

the time for pointing fingers is over, really. :-(
    "if you ever slam anyone, for anything, somehow you always end up eating shoe" Targhan
  • »19.01.05 - 15:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    AyoS
    @cecilia

Well said...
  • »19.01.05 - 15:22
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    your right...........i say we just cut off everyones fingers!!!! wuhahahahahahaha
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »19.01.05 - 15:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DSLCC
    Quote:

Huh???

The impression that I get from reading the log is that there were so many factors going on that the result was not easily changed. And you are right...you can't really blame any one person. It was like I said - unfocused. Sites like morphos.net never have the desired effect - but when that was posted it was already dead for other reasons.

Quote:

Who wants to work for something they don't think they will ever get paid for??

It's easy to agree here...except for one thing. MorphOS 1.3 was not finished. Morphos 1.4 was not finished. And MorphOS 1.5 was not finished. The key is that if you want to be paid for something you have to complete it - no? My customers don't pay me until the work is complete. The half-hearted effort by a few started long before Genesi ran out of money.

[ Edited by DSLCC on 2005/1/19 9:51 ]
  • »19.01.05 - 15:46
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Atheist
    Quote:

serge wrote:
    A link with parts of MOS 1.5 was posted on this forum this morning. This is not official and is a pirate action.

The thread was delated.

people are despaired.

[ Edited by serge on 2005/1/19 13:33 ]

Hi serge,

When will people grow up?

PAY FOR YOUR SW!!

Well, at least be "grown up" in that department.
  • »19.01.05 - 19:52
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Maurix
    damn i was to late :-)))

hoho at this point who cares
  • »19.01.05 - 22:18
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    serge
    @ Atheist :

We are a lot ready to pay for a good MOS upgrade.

I read on some post people able to pay 50 euros, some times 80 or 100
    euros.
    Me, I'm ready to pay 150 euros for a good update.
    Paying for update is not the problem.
    The problem is it doesn't exists a complet Update to sell to MOS
    users and will maybe never exists.
    Sad day.
  • »19.01.05 - 22:23
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DSLCC
    Quote:

The problem is it doesn't exists a complet Update to sell to MOS

Makes you wonder what David thought he needed to be paid for. :-D His credibility IMO dropped a notch or two that's for sure.
  • »19.01.05 - 22:39
  • Just looking around
    Citation:

>edit by tokai: your own fault. Don't use warez

Hum, yes, nobody use warez.
    And Miami is Freeware ?
    MorphOS is uncomplet, Ambient is uncomplet, This are ONLY beta (alpha?) product.
    Did you payed for beta version ?
    I never see this...
    When I sell a new computer and this is not complet as write in the command, then I never see my Money.
    It's my fault, not the fault from the guy that buy the computer.
  • »19.01.05 - 22:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    @CptBLOOD

I think you misunderstand the meaning of beta/alpha. The code that is included were release candidates - what is included works (albeit Turboprint requires some magic to get it to work.)

What you mean is there are missing features from the specification, don't confuse the two.
  • »19.01.05 - 23:13
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Hehe... As I told on many other threads, Zapek and Co. are asking for money for nothing. Nobody will pay to people sitting on their asses and doing nothing. Easy money SUCKS! Wanting them leads to what had happened to MOS and MOS team. And now they ALL are throwing shit on each other shouting "that was your fault"... Like little children.... And we, developers and users, must watch that fucking show and wait for "Finita la comedia". Very strange... And after that MOS core are speaking that they always worry about users and developers... :-?

Ok. And to be on-topic... This all lead to piracy. Coz some can't wait anymore... Can't wait for those "wait once more"... And make those "unofficial releases". If mos core team will have announced the date of release there will be NO pirated update. It's easy. Life is EASY. Making it complex - lead to fooling yourself.

PS: Nabolelo.
    WBR, Vladimir Berezenko
  • »20.01.05 - 07:03
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Well, at least we can congratulate ourselves with the first MorphOS warez. Anyway this means we become popular and somehow serious... :-?
    iPod, iBook, iMac,... iRobot?
  • »20.01.05 - 11:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Have a pirated version won't help anyone. Lot of developpers are still working on Morphos application. The version as it is today is very usable. I can't believe the mos developpers will drop the developpement. let's wait some kind of annoncement. Genesi didn't drop Morphos, as stated on the "brainstorming" forum they will continu to support this site as well as MDC and they still ship ODW to developpers. Hang on everybody, we'll see what happen in the next weeks.
  • »20.01.05 - 11:13
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    I cracked Weather 1.1

:evil: :hammer:
  • »20.01.05 - 11:31
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Kaczus
    If system development wouldn't be continued, using mos in this version doesn't make sens. We try using this not finished system, becouse we have hope to change. If development stop, using mos and pegasos is not without any sens.
    Kaczus/BlaBla & AUG-Lodz Happy Pegasos User
  • »20.01.05 - 12:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    ikir
    Quote:

JoannaK wrote:
    McBarlo.. It ain't about sensure.. it's about copyrights and IP..

Yes! Contact Genesi or MOS devs... but don't pirate the software you're using! :-(
    In our little market we don't really need pirated software :-(

[ Edited by ikir on 2005/1/20 13:51 ]
    ikir @ www.iksnet.it
  • »20.01.05 - 12:50
    Profile Visit Website