MorphOS devs problems needs a solution very soon!
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    The attitude of bbrv it seems to be lamentable at all, talking about solving the problem but still is there. It seems that bbrv is destroying their own company by some obscure reason, it's simply PATHETIC.

Threatening to the developers solves NOTHING, if they really want results talk seriously with developers instead talking bullshit about lawyers as Harald Frank did with Bernd Meyer because Amithlon. Do the first step should be talking with the developers, signing a serious contract with them and solving this fast or Genesi will end up having a worse reputation than they currently have, instead of saying that those MOS developers are the guilty ones and evil for Genesi. Genesi caused this problem.

If bbrv thinks MorphOS users & developers will not do any harm to Genesi, they are completely wrong. it seems that they don't know what furious users & developers can do to a company that caused the death of their platform.

This needs a solution very soon, I don't wanna see how my prefered operating system is killed! Both sides must talk and find a reliable solution for both of them!

PS: Delete this message without solve the problem will only cause post on a lot of other sites and say that was deleted.

[ Edited by timofonic on 2004/12/1 22:49 ]
  • »01.12.04 - 21:33
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    niteman1969
    Very True - we seem to be ignored like an
    insignificant blip on the radar.

But without us ex-amigans buying the
    pegasos hardware in the first place then
    Genesi would not be in the position to become
    partners with all these linux companies.

I for one feel let down by the fact Genesi seem
    to be going in a more Linux orientated business plan and are leaving us without
    regular news or updates about the MorphOS situation.

I am hoping they will honour their commitment
    to at least bring MorphOS up to the standard
    that was until recently advertised on their
    websites. i.e. giving us the missing features
    that they advertised as already being in
    MorphOS.

It is sad and I must admit to feeling embarassed when talking to my friends who
    have their amigaones now as they are all
    finding this whole situation as a vindication
    of all their comments about pegasos.

THE WHOLE AMIGAONE / OS4 GROUP
    ARE LAUGHING AT US...!!!!

Where before I could defend my choice
    now I feel too dejected and upset about
    this situation to even try.

Regards

Niteman1969
    Pegasos II / G4 1Ghz / 512mb PC3200 Ram / Radeon 7000 64mb Agp/ 160gb SeagateHD / Toshiba 1512 Dvd Rom / Aria Case

MorphOS 1.4.2 / Debian Sarge Linux Soon
    got 14 cd iso files to download = 9gb ........lol
  • »01.12.04 - 22:11
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    @ timofonic

Don't you read the mailinglist?

(BTW, I fail to see how you can feel that it's BBRV that is destroying the company? But never mind ...)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »01.12.04 - 22:32
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DSLCC
    @timofonic

Harold Frank = David Gerber
    Bernie Meyers = Genesi & BBRV

Same story - different act.

Now...what would you do differently?
    Pegasos 1 G3 MorphOS 1.4.5* Mac G4 Sawtooth 1Ghz Tiger 10.4.1* Both Rock! :-D
  • »01.12.04 - 22:40
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    Play the lottery and donate a chunk to Morphos development? ;-)

Seriously though, even if the money could be paid and the situation resolved....the rift this has caused casts a serious doubt over MorphOS future.

I'm sure this is behind at least one of the reasons BBRV are sticking to their guns. Without continued development of Ambient, there's no point in paying for an interrim version...since ultimately it would have to be replaced right?

Someone want to clue me in as to what's been going on on the ML? I haven't been subscribed to there since it went down the first time!
  • »01.12.04 - 23:45
    matt3
    Shame really, I put an Amigaone in my budget for next year, Just in case... Shame I do like my peg II...

Matt
  • »01.12.04 - 23:53
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DSLCC
    Quote:

Someone want to clue me in as to what's been going on on the ML? I haven't been subscribed to there since it went down the first time!

The ML threads have been very similar to what is on ann.lu. Just accusations and rants and counter accusations and counter rants. :) You haven't missed much.
  • »01.12.04 - 23:56
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    well i think before any more speculation is continued we could at least let bbrv tell there side......but this seems like the same old stuff....and they have given there position on this many times.....so i c no need to repeat it.......
    if some new and terrible development comes up then sure speculate like crazy till we hear some official news.....but there is no sence in playing a broken record over and over.........bbrv leveled with us about the situation before even thoguh it was grim......they will again.......they as a company need to stay afloat.........so taking another stratigy for the time being (linux and what not) to make some cash is good....cash equals paid developers....paid developers equals work on MOS....work on MOS equals us being happy.....us being happy equals celebration.....celebrations equals beer.....everyone wins :-D

so please lets stop this before it starts snowballing again....

[ Edited by poundsmack on 2004/12/2 12:41 ]
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »01.12.04 - 23:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DSLCC
    Quote:

matt3 wrote:
    Shame really, I put an Amigaone in my budget for next year, Just in case... Shame I do like my peg II...

Matt

It is too bad. I had hoped that MorphOS would one day be complete. I looked briefly at Amigaone...but I think that I'll end up buying a new Mac G5 instead. I'm really getting to like OSX and it is complete. I also will look into installing one of the linux distros on the Pegasos, but I've been waiting for Debian Sarge to be released.

This is the second time that I've been an avid user and had my dreams smashed. The first time was Amithlon and that battle in the newsgroups turned me against AI and H&P and turned me on to the Pegasos in the first place.
  • »02.12.04 - 00:04
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    ........this is rediculous.........there is no need to abandon ship. its not sinking its just come to a stall.......when there is a big @$$ tomb stone as the front page of pegasosppc. morphzone, and genesi then i dont care what u all do, hell i will leave too.......but enough is enough. not that it has anyhting to do with anything but if this all continues i am leaving this compunity. i have grown tired of all this.....

and timofonic, i like you and all but please stop starting threads like this, once was enough.....thank you

[ Edited by poundsmack on 2004/12/2 21:29 ]
  • »02.12.04 - 00:34
    Profile Visit Website
    Speculation? See MorphOS.net

Quote:

*bbrv* David, this is our last warning. We will sue you for libel in Switzerland and begin this effort with the lawyers this week if you do not take down the site. This is not an idle threat. We have no legal contractual obligation to you or any one on you list. As for Wayne, this has been completely documented and Sjoerd NEVER returned the board to Genesi. I am sure your parents will not be happy this time for sure.
    *bbrv* Instead of paying you anything we will use the money for the lawyers

Simply pathetic attitude...
  • »02.12.04 - 02:14
    Spidey
    Quote:

.......so taking another stratigy for the time being (linux and what not) to make some cash is good....cash equils paid developers....paid developers equil mork on MOS....work on MOS uquils us being happy.....us being happy equils celebration.....celebrations equild beer.....everyone wins

You're killing me dude :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
  • »02.12.04 - 20:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    damn i have a lot of typoes..........i am gona go back and fix that lol
  • »02.12.04 - 20:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • T1k
  • Just looking around
    T1k
    Quote:

timofonic wrote:
    Speculation? See MorphOS.net

Simply pathetic attitude...

Now what exactly is pathetic about it? The way I see it it's only pathetic if there's no valid reason, which I know nothing about. Do you have trustworthy information about it to share?
    No matter what reasons really are behind this whole mess, David singlehandedly have done more harm to MOS than any other by setting up that page. These things should *never* leave the office. (That is, if you care about the survival of your product.)

Parents should never fight before the eyes of their children. Why? Because it scares the children and may leave traumatic memorys for life. Because the children are unable to understand the reasons and so only sees the destructivity of the fight.
    When they grow up and detach themselves from the parents (which btw never happens to a userbase) they will understand that the fight really is about solving a problem, meaning the fight is in fact constructive.
    Mind - Universe - Mind - Universe
  • »03.12.04 - 00:12
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    T1k: I disagree. If you send someone a payment and it bounces and you KNOWINGLY do it anyway, thats bad on payee's (BBRV) part. People (David, all on that site) counted on that paycheck. If you didnt have cash, why the hell string them along? I'm sure they all care about the product, but if you promise and send rubber checks that only makes the situation worse.

This isnt about parent/children etc.. this is business. Money talks b.s. walks.
  • »03.12.04 - 01:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Amigan
    Quote:

niteman1969 wrote:
    Very True - we seem to be ignored like an
    insignificant blip on the radar.

But without us ex-amigans buying the
    pegasos hardware in the first place then
    Genesi would not be in the position to become
    partners with all these linux companies.

I for one feel let down by the fact Genesi seem
    to be going in a more Linux orientated business plan and are leaving us without
    regular news or updates about the MorphOS situation.

I am hoping they will honour their commitment
    to at least bring MorphOS up to the standard
    that was until recently advertised on their
    websites. i.e. giving us the missing features
    that they advertised as already being in
    MorphOS.

It is sad and I must admit to feeling embarassed when talking to my friends who
    have their amigaones now as they are all
    finding this whole situation as a vindication
    of all their comments about pegasos.

THE WHOLE AMIGAONE / OS4 GROUP
    ARE LAUGHING AT US...!!!!

Where before I could defend my choice
    now I feel too dejected and upset about
    this situation to even try.

Regards

Niteman1969

At least somebody understand the real problem. BBRV took the ex-amigan people selling to him the "NEW AMIGA". Because of that they have now LINUX PATNERS and BUSINESS TO DO. So they don´t need to "waste" his money in MorphOS Dev because NO BUSINESS SENSE. Get rid over it, Genesi simply used the frustated amiga community to get a name in the market and later DO HIS BUSINESS when they don´t need us anymore. It´s sad (At least for me, althrough I prefer OS4 I want to try and use MOS too, and I hope it get continued).

Please pleople don´t blame developers, they only want to be paid for his work.

NO DEVELOPERS = NO MOS

If you blame developers, get for sure that MOS will be never continued.

:-? :-x :-(
  • »03.12.04 - 08:42
  • T1k
  • Just looking around
    T1k
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    T1k: I disagree.

With what? All of it? :o

Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    If you send someone a payment and it bounces and you KNOWINGLY do it anyway, thats bad on payee's (BBRV) part. People (David, all on that site) counted on that paycheck. If you didnt have cash, why the hell string them along? I'm sure they all care about the product, but if you promise and send rubber checks that only makes the situation worse.

I fully agree with you. What does it have to do with what I wrote? I fail to see how it connects...

Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    This isnt about parent/children etc

Really...? ;)
    Seriosly though, that analogy was very much refering to business.
    If the makers of an OS (the parents) has internal conflicts (fighting) and let it out in the open (before the eyes) it will scare the customers (the children). Thus the "parents" will have a hard time doing business based on their product.
    Well I thought it was a rather good analogy, but hey it's just my opinion :)
    Mind - Universe - Mind - Universe
  • »03.12.04 - 08:57
  • Just looking around
    l-o-g-o
  • »03.12.04 - 09:17
  • Just looking around
    Amigan
    Quote:

We won't, but why don't they try to sell MorphOs 1.5 to the users ?
    BBRV/Genesi don't need us, we don't need them.

Many people in France are agree to pay for it, even if it is expensive !

[ Edited by l-o-g-o on 2004/12/3 9:29 ]

Hummm some MOS people blamed the developers for this situation, others not. I think it is a good idea to pay for MOS 1.5. But the problem (as I know, not for sure) is that part of MOS core is property of Genesi or one of his associates.
  • »03.12.04 - 09:55
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    Genesi won't accept to sell MOS 1.5 without some features that are still in hands of developpers.
    WE, MORPHOS USERS, ARE JUST F***ED UP HOSTAGES !

[ Edited by SoundSquare on 2004/12/3 12:59 ]
  • »03.12.04 - 11:58
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    thefab
    iirc, parts of morphos are owned by some Genesi shareholders,
    and not by Genesi itself. It's not the same thing.

it's not because someone, as a shareholder of any company, have some
    copyrighted material, that the company has any right on it.

i hope i haven't made any mistake here.
  • »03.12.04 - 12:37
    4pLaY
    Sorry to say it but all these threads about this situation wont get us anywere! lets just wait a while and see? for me personaly i want a clarification by 1.1.2005 or im selling my Pegasos and "leaving ship".
    http://www.resistance.no
  • »03.12.04 - 17:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    KimmoK
    "THE WHOLE AMIGAONE / OS4 GROUP
    ARE LAUGHING AT US...!!!!"

I doubt that. (any possible initial gleeful pleasure has faded out)

I think most are feeling sad either because of the situation of MOS users or developers.

I also doubt MOS team will let MOS die. Something WILL be worked out.
    Hard times only make you stronger.

- KimmoK/ksk/priest/aboxb
    :-x :-P 8-)
  • »03.12.04 - 18:34
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    Quote:

Sorry to say it but all these threads about this situation wont get us anywere! lets just wait a while and see? for me personaly i want a clarification by 1.1.2005 or im selling my Pegasos and "leaving ship".

+1 here
  • »03.12.04 - 18:54
  • Just looking around
    Lando
    Quote:

+1 here

Me too. I've wasted enough time and money over the years on one platform with no future to start now on another one.
  • »03.12.04 - 19:46
    Profile Visit Website