Quote:

Dont know who to use it !

Anyone!
  • »23.11.04 - 21:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DSLCC
    Downloaded and installed it. :) Don't know of any OS4 apps that I'd like to try though. ?? :-)
    Pegasos 1 G3 MorphOS 1.4.5* Mac G4 Sawtooth 1Ghz Tiger 10.4.1* Both Rock! :-D
  • »23.11.04 - 23:02
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MorphDelf
    Roadshow? Is it working? :) The tcp/ip stack?
  • »24.11.04 - 01:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Mr_Capehill
    @Morphdelf:

It works perfectly here, on my BPPC.

Of course, I use AOS4 :-D
  • »24.11.04 - 15:21
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    it would be cool to see it developed even further. good job.
  • »24.11.04 - 17:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    niteman1969
    Wow - this has kicked up some sort of storm
    on the amiga forums.

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=8409&forum=14&133

Some are putting it together with the news about MorphOS saying that it is a desperate effort to keep alive a dying system - ie making it able to run aos4 programs.

I stress that I am not a member there but like to browse these forums to keep up to date.

But the thread is getting the hyperion guys very angry........

Regards

Niteman1969
    Pegasos II / G4 1Ghz / 512mb PC3200 Ram / Radeon 7000 64mb Agp/ 160gb SeagateHD / Toshiba 1512 Dvd Rom / Aria Case

MorphOS 1.4.2 / Debian Sarge Linux Soon
    got 14 cd iso files to download = 9gb ........lol
  • »26.11.04 - 02:30
    hooligan
    Quote:

Some are putting it together with the news about MorphOS saying that it is a desperate effort to keep alive a dying system - ie making it able to run aos4 programs.

Well it's only because only a very few people on that thread actually knows about OS4emu.. it's always nice to speculate and create a boogeyman out of nothing :)

Quote:

But the thread is getting the hyperion guys very angry........

Sort of normal reaction, maybe I'd do the same. They fear the emulation will get so good it would run OS4 apps out of the box someday. I find that hard to believe.

Whats strikes me is that everybody seems to accept emulating PSX and MAME games without original copies, but perfectly legal api emulation like this is wrong. Anyway, I hope Itix will improve the emulator and even get some help from someone, it's an interesting one-man project IMHO.
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »26.11.04 - 04:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DSLCC
    Quote:

niteman1969 wrote:
    on the amiga forums.

I just spent about an hour reading the entire thread on amiga.org and it is pretty funny. Some of the posts are WAY too serious. :-D Good reading though!
    :-)

[ Edited by DSLCC on 2004/11/26 0:13 ]

[ Edited by DSLCC on 2004/11/26 0:14 ]
  • »26.11.04 - 06:04
  • Just looking around
    Amigan
    Quote:

DSLCC wrote:
    Quote:

niteman1969 wrote:
    on the amiga forums.

I just spent about an hour reading the entire thread on amiga.org and it is pretty funny. Some of the posts are WAY too serious. :-D Good reading though!
    :-)

[ Edited by DSLCC on 2004/11/26 0:13 ]

[ Edited by DSLCC on 2004/11/26 0:14 ]

Hummm, with all the respect to you MorphOS Users, in my opinion you don´t get the point.

If you watch www.morphos-news.de, you can see how his "last new" is the OS4 EMU yet. When the last *IMPORTANT* new for you community is the Genesi statement (http://www.genesi.lu/morphos_statement.php). Simply they want to catch the attention to the OS4 EMU and say you "ehh OS4 is shit, we can emulate it" and ignore to say that Genesi will not give financial support to develop MorphOS anymore.

Do you think that is casuality that OS4 EMU appears just when Genesi Financial support is eliminated because it don´t generate revenure? Be objetive and see the reality.

This news is listed 2 days ago in other sites like www.amiga-news.de, but not the www.morphos-news.de because simply want to catch the atention to another theme, to catch the attention of the MorphOS community, and do the OS4 EMU thing the actual theme to speak, no the bad new for you form genesi.

I´m very sorry, I don´t like this new I think is sad. But please see the reality, don´t get funny with another sites threads, because the Genesi statement for this community is BAD NEW and no funny.
  • »26.11.04 - 11:50
    hooligan
    @Amiga

You sure do like conspiracy theories :-)
  • »26.11.04 - 12:24
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Amigan
    I knowQuote:

hooligan wrote:
    @Amiga

You sure do like conspiracy theories :-)

I know what I´m saying believe me or belive that you want. But please be less funny about others threads and other OS, and be worried about MorphOS development.
  • »26.11.04 - 14:03
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    RockmanX
    @Amigan

Sadly enough, we can't worry that much for MorphOS development... What can we do? We proposed to pay for MorphOS, but still haven't received a true answer.
    So why taunt us like that?
    I think YOU are joking about MorphOS...
  • »26.11.04 - 14:17
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DSLCC
    Quote:

Amigan wrote:
    I know what I´m saying believe me or belive that you want. But please be less funny about others threads and other OS, and be worried about MorphOS development.

Worry does little to solve any situation. It's best to just be positive and laugh. What fun would a forum be without debate? :-D :-D
  • »26.11.04 - 15:31
    hooligan
    Quote:

I believe you have vidid imagination, thats what I believe. And a) I am already less funny b) I am not worried about MOS developement a bit.

I'd go even as far as saying you are more concerned than I am.
  • »26.11.04 - 15:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Amigan
    Quote:

hooligan wrote:
    Quote:

I believe you have vidid imagination, thats what I believe. And a) I am already less funny b) I am not worried about MOS developement a bit.

I'd go even as far as saying you are more concerned than I am.

"A Statement Concerning MorphOS
    The current MorphOS release is owned by the shareholders of Genesi and is being distributed today in a form fully licensed and paid for. Genesi will resume support of external MorphOS 1.5 development when there is a clear plan and a date set for the release.

The posts against Genesi made on MorphOS.net are unfortunate. These actions of a single person have damaged our discussions with major strategic partners and have cast doubt on Genesi and MorphOS. There has never been any disagreement about paying for development, in fact more than $500,000 have been paid to MorphOS developers and for MorphOS licenses. There has been disagreement however, how much and for what to pay for.

MorphOS does not currently drive significant sales of the platform. It is our hope that one day it will, but this will not be achieved without the majority of the Company's resources being focused on activities that generate revenue and profit.

Genesi has become a partner/sponsor of the Debian, Gentoo and Crux Linux developer communities. Genesi is also enrolled in the official board support/partner programs of Yellow Dog Linux, Montavista and QNX Software Systems. It is in these areas that Genesi is now focused.

24th November 2004
    bbrv@genesi.lu"

Call this imagination or that you want, but you can get the reality or continue sucking.

I think that this for a MorphOS user is *AT LEAST* to be *A BIT WORRIED*. I think that telling you *NO MORE SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT FOR THE SYSTEM THAT YOU HAVE PAID FOR* is a bad new for you. Call me that you want but that is the truth.

I remember a lot of popople from this Cummunity telling this like:

-OS4 is vaporware
    -OS4 doesn´t exists
    -OS4 is *PUT HERE THAT YOU WANT*

But as I said, the reality is another thing *VERY DIFFERENT*.

:-?
  • »26.11.04 - 16:42
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    DethKnight
    Quote:

based upon the following statement.....

Quote:

After all, all of our current and future games will be OS 4 exclusive, and while you can run old games on a WarpOS emulation, this will not work for future games.

IMHO , I'd say doomed.

It is this philosophy that has kept Apple in a low-market-share situation over the past twenty plus years I have been using computers.
    You'd think people would learn over time.
    I am ; therefore you are
  • »26.11.04 - 17:16
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Elektro
    In this moment i wish OS4 for my PEGASOS...Genesi have decided to put away our "amiga-like" OS...and i think that my Pegasos without MOS or any other amiga-like os,can go to the W.C. ....or perhaps someone else has to go to the WC... :-x
  • »26.11.04 - 21:29
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    RockmanX
    Elektro, secondo me stai un po' esagerando... :-(
    Va bene dire la tua, ma perchè insultare? Come comunità siamo già abbastanza fortunati ad avere un rapporto diretto con i creatori del sistema, quindi potresti anche chiarirti con loro in privato...
  • »26.11.04 - 22:15
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    RockmanX
    Quote:

Amigan wrote:

"... Genesi will resume support of external MorphOS 1.5 development when there is a clear plan and a date set for the release.
    MorphOS does not currently drive significant sales of the platform. It is our hope that one day it will, but this will not be achieved without the majority of the Company's resources being focused on activities that generate revenue and profit.
    ..."

Call this imagination or that you want, but you can get the reality or continue sucking.

I think that this for a MorphOS user is *AT LEAST* to be *A BIT WORRIED*. I think that telling you *NO MORE SUPPORT AND DEVELOPMENT FOR THE SYSTEM THAT YOU HAVE PAID FOR* is a bad new for you. Call me that you want but that is the truth.

They said they need a focus change to continue supporting MorphOS, and that's what they did.
    They're simply doing their work: to spend more money, you first need to earn more.
    They say they will resume MorphOS support when the situation will be better.
    After a mess like this any normal company (and normal companies don't care about their users) would have simply said: "No more MorphOS. If you bought your Pegasos for it, that's not in our business. You bought it. Many thanks"...
    Genesi is not such a company.
  • »26.11.04 - 22:27
  • dan
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    dan
    Quote:

Quote:

DethKnight wrote:
    Quote:

based upon the following statement.....

Quote:

After all, all of our current and future games will be OS 4 exclusive, and while you can run old games on a WarpOS emulation, this will not work for future games.

IMHO , I'd say doomed.

I got to agree, a subset of nichemarket!:-o

Quote:

It is this philosophy that has kept Apple in a low-market-share situation over the past twenty plus years I have been using computers.
    You'd think people would learn over time.

Mac it´s been crap ever since Steve iJobs came back, he would fit straigth into the "amigascene", we are talking about the guy who killed the original pda: Newton Messagepad because of office politics!
    Apple was increasing it´s OS market share with the clones. then came Jobs......
    :xx:

[ Edited by dan on 2004/11/27 9:43 ]
  • »26.11.04 - 23:11
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DSLCC
    Quote:

dan wrote:

Mac it´s been crap ever since Steve iJobs came back, he would fit straigth into the "amigascene", we are talking about the guy who killed the original pda: Newton Messagepad because of office politics!
    Apple was increasing it´s OS market share with the clones. then came Jobs......
    :xx:

Mac is doing pretty good right now. Their OS X is maturing nicely and is very very stable and their stocks are doing much better than expected. I bought a very good G4 mac on eBay for less than $300 and it's way better than my Windows box. It along with my Pegasos are my main computers. :-)
  • »27.11.04 - 03:43
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    @dan

Then came Microsoft that owns 45% of the company...
  • »27.11.04 - 03:55
  • dan
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    dan
    Well, Gil Amelio and Jobs started with very different Apples. A lot of Apples recent success in the stockmarket depends on the iPod( which seems to be much bigger in the US than Europe). And I have used OS X at school it´s pretty good.
    But the new Apple lacks the innovation of the old one. iPod doesn´t remotely compare to the Newton or the Apple Quicktake! Not to mention all the dropped software-projects.

Jobs is just a Bill Gates with better image. :-D
  • »27.11.04 - 09:01