Status of the Bounty Page?
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Whats the status of the page Posure? i havent heard from you in a while about this. Are you still working on it? If not I need to know so i can contact another developer I know that said he would do a site for us as well. If you would like me to ask him to join your effort so you can work as a team he would do that as well. He happens to be my best friend that works for a large web design firm in Arizona.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »18.08.04 - 10:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    posure
    woulda responded earlier but i check this forum every couple days..i already talked to you on aim but i figured i'd reply just in case anyone else is interested on the status..

i've been working hard the past week and basically all thats left is building in the actual pages for the website (which is the easy part)..the entire backend is all done and such (unit tested too, so i don't forsee any bugs, but hey, i'm human)..i dont want to make any promises but assuming i dont have to work a ton in the next week the site should be done within a week.

and just fyi, no one has to reregister, you can use your morphzone logins on the morphbounties site as well..

the site is currently disabled for anyone other than myself and will be until i'm finished..

and to anyone wondering why it has taken so long to develop the site

#1: i dont actually have a morphos system (yet, atleast), therefore the main thing that interests me in developing the site is making new things - the 100% user customizable color themes (main reason i actually did this is due to wanting it to look the same in all browsers, including non-css ones - theres no css) for the website is the main thing..but i wrote a new session/authentication management system as well as a system that manages graphic generation/caching as well..which were all very time consuming

#2: lack of posts on this forum doesnt exactly get me to hurry up :-) so liven it up guys..the site will be here soon and we need some bounties to put up

SOME NOTES ABOUT WEBSITE MANAGEMENT
    i'm not entirely sure how it will be managed (i will be the site admin only at this point in time, i will not be handling any bounty or money related issues)..i dont know how we're going to handle taking donations, we need someone (maybe a couple people) who wants to be treasurer that will be in charge of taking donations, managing payouts and such..this would include both online payments and likely physical payments as well (namely checks/cashiers checks)..i dont know how thats going to be handle since its such an international community..might need a person per continent..that job would take a little personal time but i wouldnt expect it to take too much..there will also need to be some people to oversee the creation of and management of bounties..bounties will have rules set on a bounty by bounty basis, based on the needs of the bounty itself (see some of the other discussion threads for info)..other than the treasure position(s) and the moderation positions..i dont know what else..if anyone thinks of any other positions we need or is interested in one of those positions..feel free to post..treasurer position(s) will be more strict as to who can be one, basically it has to be people the community trusts

[ Edited by posure on 2004/8/21 3:20 ]
    psr.
    alkjfdjkahsSTRESSED OUTasjhfakdfa
  • »21.08.04 - 09:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    With the site about complete we need to start thinking of the first bounties to use. Lets get the 10 most wanted used first. With the new poll feature of the site we can start a poll now in the bounties section and vote on prices, bounties ect to set. Its a great option to have for this sort of thing, and it lets anyone add something we can all vote to have or not have on the bounties list.

Also We need someone to setup a paypal account to take the donations. It should be easy to do since the money can stay in the account. We also need someone to accept this role for taking checks and money order or even cash of we decide to do that and put that into the paypal account after depositing them into an account. I've said in the past I cant do this because i am in the Navy and travel to much.

[ Edited by Acill on 2004/8/21 7:05 ]
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »21.08.04 - 15:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    I guess none of you care about this project any longer? A lot of time has been spent on it. Lets get some people to step up and take charge here.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »22.08.04 - 17:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Good to hear. What we need is some one other then Posure and myself to get a paypal acount started and just keep track of the donations. I will be out of the country for a few months after thursday so please PM Posure and aks what he needs you to do. He is the web master.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »26.09.04 - 23:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Stevo
    *bumperdybumpedumb*

...before we'll forget that posure has (almost?) finished the MOS-Bounty page. So what is the status atm? Is it indeed near completion; any help still needed?

/me hopes it will go online soon :-D
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »12.10.04 - 22:45
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    posure
    my apologies for not having the site up yet, but i have an insane amount of projects getting assigned at school for the past month and likely for the next month, and unfortunately homework and my paid job have to take priority

second, we dont even have anyone to handle funds anyways since paul had to go for a while..

this has been a hard decision considering the probable hundred hours i've spent developing the site will now be a complete loss to me (no personal satisfaction from finishing, no financial compensation, and i never had a morphos system either)..i'm trying to contact paul to get his friend to take over who wanted to help out but if he doesn't respond in the next week i'll hand it off to some capable php coder on here..the backend is all done..a few modules are done and only a few more to go..but i'm entirely too stressed out by the combination of school, work and homework that i just cant do it anymore..my apologies first to dave and paul..and the rest of the community here..i hope you find the backend technology helpful, although i doubt it because what made it cool and unique (visually) will probably never materialize anymore (which is the part that kept me doing this project)

the site still needs people to operate it..any good php coders willing to finish the site (my code is VERY WELL documented and organized, it probably would take a max of around 10, maybe 20 hours to finish the site)..active and involved morphzone member(s) required

-andy

p.s..again, i'm sorry..but i'm so stressed out that i just cant handle it all anymore :-(

[ Edited by posure on 2004/10/13 17:28 ]
    psr.
    alkjfdjkahsSTRESSED OUTasjhfakdfa
  • »13.10.04 - 23:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Jonny_Rico
    As now its nearly official (or did you hear any official infos from one of the MOS coders?) that MOS stops at 1.42 I again propose to start a Bounty page so that those who are still willing to support this system could get something back for their help....
    first project should be: 3d drivers for Radeon cards!
    First 10,- € from me...
  • »08.01.05 - 22:13
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Jonny_Rico
    next $/€ for someone programming an easy to use TCP/IP stack, Altivec-support, Firewire-Stack....
  • »09.01.05 - 19:38