Let's all pay for MorphOS!
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Quote:

Okay I see your point.
    You are right, for people with very low income 50 Euro could be a bit high.
    I haven't thought about Russia.

I proposed this number because I hoped that at least 100, hopefully 200 or more people
    would be willing to pay. And 100 times 50 equals 5000 Euro.
    I would not call 5000 Euror a fortune but it would help to pay some dedicated programmers for some weeks.

@BigGun
    I see. But I don't think that this will help. I don't know how much money get a programmer in europe but I think that those 5000E will last not very long (most payed programmers here in this firm I work get not more than 650$ per month.). Plus, this will be a one time donation, so it will also be of no use.
  • »27.07.04 - 06:46
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Sukkulento
    POCHI FOR PRESIDENT!! :-D :-D

First Genesis must "complete" MorphOS next release with native stack and so on, then I will be very glad to send a contribute to feature Developers.

sukkulento
  • »27.07.04 - 10:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Paochi
    I didn't want to be rude, but I was one of the ppl that Prepayed for example IFusion.
    After one year of wait we got a so bugged version that I was not able to use it on my BPPC ... I asked also back my money but nothing.
    I repeat again:
    1) I will pay only for an update that include thing NOT ALREADY promised on ALL MOS sites (Tcp Ip are the example ... but the list could continue)
    2) NO PrePAy in NO case: I will pay what I will see UP & RUNNING.

Aos4 example is nothing for everyone here? 3 years with an useless ticket?
  • »27.07.04 - 13:02
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    BigGun
    @Paochi,

You are right some features where promised and they are missing up to now.
    Like TCP-IP stack. So technically we should all expect to get an update with those feature for free.

But no-one promised us when we will get this update.
    I'm using MOS every day and some missing features like deficons really bother me.
    It would help me a lot to get MOS sooner than later.

So if my money would help the MOS team to get the next MOS version
    finished earlier then its in my own interest.
    I'm willing to pay to get in done sooner.

Cheers
    Gunnar
  • »27.07.04 - 22:45
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    RockmanX
    Hi everyone!

I think Micky had a great idea, now it's time to turn it to reality.
    Had someone already talked about this with the people at Genesi? I didn't read all the topic, but I think most are willing to pay, so let's do it!
  • »30.07.04 - 18:39
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    artickfox
    Well, if really MorphOS Team can really give things wich MorphOS need (Stack, better 3d card support, working printing support), sure is not bad pay something for all this work.
    But important they should not give a "under developing OS" if the version become "payed", becouse i think user's don't like pay for waiting more...

Linux is another things, distributions have their sponsors, and seem MOS team is more small and have lesser resources than a big Linux Distribution...
  • »30.10.04 - 13:00
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    /me clears throat...
  • »15.11.04 - 16:56
    Profile Visit Website
    Miky060
    Ok people,
    my this old post of July (..reflect on this.. ;-)) seems to be really actual now. We spoke alot about this and I think it's actually arrived the moment to do something concrete.

We don't want the hard Work of David Gerber, Stefan Stuntz, Oliver Wagner and the others go into the trashcan. The actual (old..) situation is really fuc***g sad, but we should react, it's useless to cry and say "OK, MorphOS is died, people come back all to your houses". We do not accept this. I also know that our money will never be enough to repay your work, but in eveycase I am sure you have right to have it.

Now I try to ask this to the above developers, what do you prefer between:

1 - Release the actual shot of MorphOS (what ever it is called, 1.45 - 1.5 - 1.6 ...) and ask us to pay 50-100 Euro for it.
    2 - Receve free donations from all us trought a donation system/paypal acccount or similar?

I fear we will not receive answers from you so in this case I would choose to start to act as number 2. For this reason I ask here who is able to seriously organize a payng/donating method in a resonable time. I remember Targhan told he could do something..
    To be sincere me has not idea from where to start.

[ Edited by Miky060 on 2004/11/15 18:45 ]
  • »15.11.04 - 17:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    DSLCC
    Quote:

Miky060 wrote:
    Ok people,

Hate to say this...but I disagree. I don't think that pouring money into a fight is going to be changing anything. I've read lots of posts and replies and threats and counter threats and IRC babble and and and.....

Anyhows...don't think money will help now. Time to pick up the 'dollies' and go home.

:-?
  • »16.11.04 - 01:36
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    I said way abck in this thread that I would agree to send them money and they refused it from all of us. Now that we see its all about the money I think they need to set up an account so we can do just that. SEND THEM MONEY. If everyone sends in a few hundred or even less if they have to then so be it. They dont have to release the next version before a monitary goal is met. That goal should be posted and counted down so we all can see how far our funds are helping out.
  • »17.11.04 - 07:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • News Moderator
    News Moderator
    Darth_X
    uh... I still want to pay for morphos1.5, does my vote count?
  • »17.11.04 - 23:13
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Maurix
    well do it easy .. 20 Euro for the actually
    Beta 1.5 is ok for me ....i send the money to a Developer ..he send ma a Burned CD back ...
    we all have a Beta 1.5 they have money and
    developers can go on with ....Morphos ...but #
    please WHITOUT GENESIS...i can never believe in a Company like this..-.
  • »21.11.04 - 11:38
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    bbrv
    Hey Maurix, you can't believe in us?! :-o

Please go read this post:

HERE

There are too many threads all discussing the same thing. Let's focus over there, OK? :-)

R&B
  • »21.11.04 - 14:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Elektro
    Quote:

Maurix wrote:

please WHITOUT GENESIS...i can never believe in a Company like this..-.

...you're right.
  • »21.11.04 - 16:05