Unofficial GCC 2.95.4 build available
  • MorphOS Developer
    There is unofficial GCC build available on my homepage www.tbs-software.com/morgoth

This is port of latest Debian GCC 2.95.4 with all required patches and some small bugfixes. I use it as my default compiler quite long time and I think it's ready to release.

Please read the readme before try to install it, because there is some changes required to install it.

And final note, this is *UNOFFICIAL* build please do not report bug's to Debian GCC maintainers or to MorphOS team directly, if you think you need to, send me a e-mail and we will see what can be done about it.

Have fun :)
  • »11.07.04 - 17:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Wishmaster
    interesting
    Pegasos PPC
  • »11.07.04 - 18:16
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    i dont supose that 1.5 will have GCC 3.41 it has a lot of PPC specific enhancements and bug fixes and is wayyyy faster than the earlier 3 series....
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »11.07.04 - 22:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    There is first update to this port available. Please update as soon as possible.
  • »12.07.04 - 16:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    I didn't test latest (3.4.1) gcc but the previous one (3.2, 3.3 ...) are said to generate wrong code.
    I prefer a compiler which generate slow code than fast wrong code.

Bye
    MorphOS Rulez !
  • »12.07.04 - 16:05
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    Morgoth your my hero :-o

A certain side-project that would make 2.95.3 fall over it's feet whenever I tried to compile something useing that lib, can now actually be started.

Oh wait, that means more work for me ....

Morgoth your my nemesis :-x

:-P
  • »12.07.04 - 18:38
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    minator
    Why not try porting Apple's gcc?

It's got PPC enhancements not present in the standard gcc and 3.5 includes auto-vetorisation which should give _serious_ performance boost for some apps.

As for incorrect code I believe the test for this is a very complex pece of esoteric code, is it producing bad code in other more normal circumstances?

If it's one difficult to trigger bug is it really worth slowing the performance of everything else?
  • »12.07.04 - 21:06
    Profile Visit Website