Change Audiotrack from a divx movie?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Ok here we go.
    To replace my old and bad vhs copy of "The abnominal Dr Phibes" i have downloaded a divx encoded Version of this movie. But this movie is just availabe in an English Version and i like to replace the audiotrack with a german version which i allready have. The question is, how can i do that? I guess i have to use mencoder or ffmpeg but how? They have sooooo many options in the cli (Gui anyone?) that I gave up very soon. BTW is it also possible to have both auditracks without convertig it to mpg2? If so, how can i select the right audiotrack in e.g. mplayer?
  • »25.05.04 - 14:53
  • Just looking around
    pegasos-sigi
    At first:
    Try this (sound in mp3): ffmpeg -an -i inputvideo-divx.avi -i audiostream-german.mp3 -vcodec copy -acodec mp3 -sameq Outputvideo_with_german.avi
    or this (sound in ac3): ffmpeg -an -i inputvideo-divx.avi -i audiostream-german.ac3 -vcodec copy -acodec ac3 -sameq Outputvideo_with_german.avi
    This all must be work (if i don't fail).

The second i don't know.
  • »25.05.04 - 16:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Stevo
    Quote:

But this movie is just availabe in an English Version and i like to replace the audiotrack with a german version which i allready have

Now why would you want to do that? :-P
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »25.05.04 - 21:09
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Well, my english abilities might be enough to comunicate on some internet boards, and it is even enough for most of the movies out there ( I often watch them in English too) but sometimes, especially if i just want to relax, it is better to have the film in my native language ;-)
  • »25.05.04 - 21:24