Linux Kernel
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    ButterflyKisses
    is the pegasos suported in the true linux kernel? that it is it nativly suported yet or is it just pached after the fact? for example if i went to kernel.org and downloaded 2.6.4 would th pegasos be suported?
  • »22.03.04 - 18:39
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    ultraspec
    Quote:

ButterflyKisses wrote:
    is the pegasos suported in the true linux kernel? that it is it nativly suported yet or is it just pached after the fact? for example if i went to kernel.org and downloaded 2.6.4 would th pegasos be suported?

So far there is no support for pegasos in kernel 2.6. It is "coming soon". You will have to use 2.4 kernels. There are now many boot images that include support for pegasos with 2.4 kernels I have installed Debian, Gentoo and Crux Linux on my Peg2 using these boot images.

My advice is to keep your eyes and ears open, and check the kernel changelogs to see when pegasos support is merged into the "official" tree.

There are also friendly forums on linux.pegasosppc.com
  • »22.03.04 - 19:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    ButterflyKisses
    thank you very much
  • »22.03.04 - 20:27
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    ultraspec
    After I posted that I wound up going back to people.debian.org/~luther/pegasos/ and I see there is a directory for 2.6.4 ! Cool, maybe you can use that? I haven't tried it yet... but I want to do so soon.
  • »22.03.04 - 22:47
    Profile Visit Website