Read the files deliverd to court by Bill McEwen? + KMOS inc.
    hooligan
    They tried to bring me my package at 8:14 according to trackingnumber.. wish I would have known, I could have taken a day off ;)
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »17.03.04 - 09:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Spidey
    Hi hooligan,

Don't they try it again on the same day?
    Here in Holland normally you get a message in your mailbox that they came by and that they will come later on the day to try it again.

Bye,

Spidey
  • »17.03.04 - 09:30
    Profile Visit Website
    hooligan
    But the postoffice is RIGHT on my way home, you see :)
    www.mikseri.net/hooligan <- Free music
  • »17.03.04 - 12:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    merko
    Summary of AInc's appeal:

The main point is related to the e-mail allegedly written by Fleecy
    Moss which was submitted to the court by Genesi. This mail has turned
    out to be a spoof by 'Cheesegrate' aka Adam Ceremuga, and was posted
    on ANN. This is of course rather embarrassing for Genesi even though
    AInc are taking it rather too far, concentrating in full on this
    little mistake rather than answering the main issues in this case.

They also take some time to claim that the contract between AInc and
    Thendic never was meant to give Thendic source code access. This is of
    course true but it shows AInc and their counsel haven't really
    understood what they are doing. The court granted Thendic this access
    as a "punishment" because AInc was apparently unwilling and/or unable
    to fulfil the contract.

Then they are arguing that the AmigaDE isn't an OS and never was, even
    though it was referred to as an OS many times in the contract (even in
    some clauses which AInc have decided to cite, for other reasons).

Also, for some reason I don't quite understand, they include the
    information that they've sold the rights to OS4 and previous versions
    to Itec which has been bought by KMOS. This seems like a stupid move,
    as the court has previously been submitted, in this very case, with
    statements under oath from McEwen that they owned all versions of the
    classic OS (even mentioning specific versions like 3.1, 3.5, 3.9 etc),
    and that was after the date when they now claim the sale to Itec took
    place.

Also, there's some claims that they were never submitted with
    specifications or hardware, and that this would be the reason that
    they didn't port AmigaDE to the Pegasos. They claim they could not do
    this as they didn't know which screen size, processor type and speed,
    input devices and operating system the Pegasos supported. Yes - they
    mention these things specifically - only these things. Somehow I get
    the idea that they may be underestimating the technical competence of
    the court, here.

Well - the only interesting point that I see is where they claim that
    AmigaDE and OS4 are totally separate products and that this means
    Thendic cannot get rights to OS4 and previous versions. This is
    clearly the crux of this case. It will be interesting to see Genesi's
    response.
  • »17.03.04 - 12:12
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Bladerunner
    Ok Boys and Girls, lets welcome some nice readers from
    Amiga World.net
    I hope you will enjoy Morph Zone, as we do, a Place without flaming against
    anybody (Ok, except Polyhead has his bad day, help I see him and the #### coming!!!)
    and what a wonder, even without modding ;-)

Just a little sidenote(especially for you Mr hattig), just because many of us are not
    interestet in those, hmm now in German we say "Schlammschlacht", mud contest maybe?,
    means we are BBF, Blind Buck Followers. You might ask himself how much criticism he has
    to stand from the Peg Community...
    Personally I am not very interested in this Case (neither the last, nor the following)
    because it simply won`t affect my "enjoyment" which I have with my Peg and Morph OS.
    Courtcases? Naaaah, am I a lawyer? Or a judge? Or a student studying civil rights? Naaah
    I am not, I am just a happy Computer User who got his favorite Toy.
    So, and now I am going to celebrate the RC5 Contest Party ;-)
  • »17.03.04 - 12:33
  • Just looking around
    DaveP
    @bladerunner

Thanks for your kind words of welcome, I like the tone of morphzone, it reminds me of amigaworld.net but the other side of the mirror. :-)

I would hope that all talk of BAFs, BMFs, BBFs etc is just teasing anyway, no one is truly "blind", well, except a few I guess ;-)

I will be keeping a close eye on the amigaworld.net side of the thread, but in the meantime - pass the popcorn.
    Fully paid up card holding authorized, certified, red troll ( apparently ).
  • »17.03.04 - 12:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

DaveP wrote:
    @bladerunner

Thanks for your kind words of welcome,

[snip]

I will be keeping a close eye on the amigaworld.net side of the thread, but in the meantime - pass the popcorn.

Welcome DaveP. :-) Everyone is welcome here we are a friendly community who like the fun of ppc computing.
    Everyone is invited to contribute to the community. Enjoyment is best if you get a Peg yourself ASAP, but we are not specialized in popcorn support.
    ;-) .

Anyway, be welcomed warmly.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »17.03.04 - 12:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Van_M
    Quote:

We will deliver the knockout punch tomorrow through the appropriate jurisdiction.

BBRV: "Get me Tyson, Get me Tyson!, I'll paint the wall with his blood!"

ps: Just kiddin' :-P
  • »17.03.04 - 13:27
    Spidey
    Thank you very much for this summary merko!

This is far more a better read than those court-stuff! :-)

Will you keep an eye on the court-stuff? ;-)

@DaveP
    Welcome to MorphZone.Org! :-)

Bye,

Spidey
  • »17.03.04 - 13:30
    Profile Visit Website
    gunne
    DaveP:

There is no other side of a mirror, only one side, its the same you will see if you try to look through ;-)

Anyway, hello to you !

Gunne
    Best wishes, Gunne
  • »17.03.04 - 13:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    GregSc
    Just saw the nice welcomes given to DaveP here, and thought I would also drop a line of thanks from another moderator at AW.net.

I tip my hat to all of you here. I look forward with pleasure to reading the news and the discussions at this site.

Best of luck, GregS (Greg Schofield)
    AmigaWorld.net moderator GregS

The views expressed are purely my own.

Amigans are a wierd mob.
  • »18.03.04 - 05:46
  • Targhan
    Welcome GregS, please enjoy your time here.

[edit:

P.S.: Some of the downloads here should also be of use on a "Classic" Amiga. Including a few simple ARexx scripts by yours truely ;-)

]
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »18.03.04 - 05:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    GregSc
    Targhan, thanks for that (I will look at the AREXX with a good deal of interest). May I also add, that I will do my best to keep things civilisied at the AW.net end, and if you or anyone here finds something there that is of concern, drop me a line and I will see if it can be fixed.

I will probably from time to time jump into the odd discussion where there is a mutual interest, but otherwise not interfere with anything you are doing. You have a fine looking site, congratulations, and I do wish you the best of luck.

Perhaps when all the dust settles we will find that the Amiga community remains a community at heart and that we hold far more in common than differences.

PS I will try and add a tag line, to my profile so that it is clear who I am, not to provoke but merely inform. Thanks again, it actually makes me feel a lot better about things for having come here.

Greg Schofield

Amigans are a wierd mob.
  • »18.03.04 - 06:24
  • Targhan
    Hey, you're welcome.

I'm quite proud of my Frogger gui "Toad," an excercise with RxMUI, but I need to clean up the skin installer for it (would be slow on a 68k, but should be fine on a blizzard/cyber or amithlon)

I appreciate that you actually came to visit us, and I hope that things will work out well for ALL of us. I don't know what to say about your offer on AW, I'm kind of speechless (in a good way) :-)

• »18.03.04 - 06:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Quote:

P.S.: Some of the downloads here should also be of use on a "Classic" Amiga. Including a few simple ARexx scripts by yours truely

That including (but not restricted to) mDVD, which should work on Classic Amigas aswell (And why not OS4 either) but is quite useless without mplayer port...

However, if there is / will be mplayer port for classic amigas / os4, I give permission to add mDVD download to any Amiga site, as long as I'm told about it...
  • »18.03.04 - 06:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    GregSc
    Jupp3
    Quote:

However, if there is / will be mplayer port for classic amigas / os4, I give permission to add mDVD download to any Amiga site, as long as I'm told about it...

This is great, this is what we should be about. Very generous. Perhaps once OS 4 is out (finally), and we start getting little bits and pieces together, I will suggest that we get some dual platform stamp (whatever) for developers, on our side that take the same attitude as you do.

I don't know a lot about driver compatibility etc, but it would be nice if people get third party boards working on one platform , drivers for the other are made available. That would certainly help both sides of the community.

Targhan, it may seem odd, especially with all the fuss of the past, but there are a lot of people like me who certainly are committed to one side, but have no ill-feelings towards the people who see things differently and, what is more, nothing but respect for the hardworking MorphOS team and Pegasos designers.

I mean it sincerely if there is something that is seen as a problem (excessive passions, misrepresentations, such like) I will do my best to sort it out in a civilizied manner on the AW end of things.

Basically, I think being calm, mannered and civilisied as possible will help both in the short and the long term.

Again best of luck -- and enjoy your Pegasos/MorphOS adventure (I am looking forward to my A1 OS4, but have to wait at least a little longer -- whinge whinge.)

Amigans are a wierd mob.
  • »18.03.04 - 07:07
  • Targhan
    @GregSc,

I understand, but maybe because I remember arguing with an ST user back in the day, turning with him at the same time to tell a DOS freak to shut up. ;-)

Seriously, I appreciate the openess. Let me know if you want to redistribute any of the files. Some of them would require a check with the authors first. Still, I would like some kind of "base level" compatability.

I'll let you know if I ever see a problem on AW.net, and please inform me, or any moderator really, of a problem here. Though, I expect you'll find MZ to be rather boring (help for x, how do I install y, and a whole heap of "port this plz") :-P

• »18.03.04 - 07:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    GregSc
    Targhan, you're all probably sick of hearing from me, but I must say I have really enjoyed this, I will inform the AW staff of our discussions, see what they think about things and then get back to you, once they mull things over.

I can't promise anything (being a very small fish), but I would like see some productive co-operation, and file sharing might just be a practical way to get things on a more Amigan basis.

The way I see things is that yes we have two competing platforms and OSes, but third party developers need extra market not less, so anything that allows scripts and programs to be crossplatform helps us all.

We also have a lot of keeping up to do, there are lots of PCI boards which would be really useful to all of us and they need drivers, the more third party boards we all use the bigger the market and that really benefits both our camps mutually.

It seems to me if we agree on nothing else, then let us agree that third party developers need the biggest combined Amiga market that they can get. We need software and periferals, both camps need this, they need to sell their gear, so we should smooth the path for them and make a better one for ourselves.

Scripts are the glue we also need, and these are the easiest to adapt to either platform, so lets start sharing them as soon as possible.

No-doubt there will be some bumps along the way, some frictions and the occassional battle, but I don't like fighting other people's wars, sometimes we get caught-up in the conflict, but I think most times we can distance ourselves from it.

Greg Schofield

Amigans are a wierd mob.
  • »18.03.04 - 07:59
  • Just looking around
    DaveyD
    Hi Guys

Just had a look at all the morphos screen shots on this site and I must admit that the Morphos GUI is much sexier than OS4's GUI
  • »18.03.04 - 08:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    I'm about to fall asleep in my chair, but I'm glad I turned back to the site for a moment ;-)

Well, I think the important thing to keep in mind is that trolls are trolls, no matter their color.
    Simple things like scripts and stuff are easy to share, and can really help each other out--without stepping on toes. That's a good thing. How far either side's devs can go towards the middle is another question. Even applications, if done for 68k, should work on both.

I think that some locations are there for fighting, and the users do need to let out the steam every once in a while--so even those sites are very important, IMO. Sometimes, devs, company folks, and eve webmasters have to let some steam out before they can work together. It's kind of a people thing, and not just our community.

About a "cross reference" level for third party apps, I am fairly confident that if neither side can agree on something--the third party developers will do it on their own in spite of the companies involved. Just as you said, third party developers need to touch as many people as they can.

• »18.03.04 - 08:30
    Profile Visit Website
    Spidey
    Hi GregSc,

Welcome to MorphZone. :-)

I really like your thinking and believe that is a very good way to go for us all as community!

Sharing stuff, helping out eachother... that's the spirit of the Amiga/MOS/AOS community :-D

I hope AOS will be out soon. Personally I think it's only a good thing, it will attract more developers. And that's good for the whole community :-D

(my thinking)

Oh well, don't mind me, getting softy eyes here ;-)

Spidey
  • »18.03.04 - 08:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »18.03.04 - 09:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    tokai
    The badest thing which could now happen if either MOS or AOS4 would vanish. A market without competition is dead. So actual it's a very good thing to still have 2 systems. It means: this market is not dead, even it's now very small market.

The only problem are people who make out of a sportive competition a cutthroat, because they think it's a war.

I really like the current happenings in this thread. It shows the people who think it's a war that it works also in a other way: friendly and tolerant. And in the end we all will profit by this.

In this sense: welcome aw.net visitors! :-)
  • »18.03.04 - 09:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    DaveP
    Good stuff guys, lets not drop the ball on this :-)

Dave.
    Fully paid up card holding authorized, certified, red troll ( apparently ).
  • »18.03.04 - 09:48
    Profile Visit Website