####### whats wrong with people!
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Polyhead
    Ok when i first started working with computers, the darkd days of commodore, the A1200. People didn't #### about hardware problems, they argued about which solution was better. Now peope just ####, wine, speculate, etc.. instead of saying "oh i fixed it this way" etc... etc.. Its really getting on my tits.

The second thing that pisses me off, people complaing about what won't work. Becuase it won't fit unless you modify it. We4ll duuuh.. whats wrong with having to cut a part up a bit to make it fit the way you want? why does everything have to be a bolt on? If you aren't profient with a goddamn hacksaw blade, a nibleer, a hammer, or a dremel you have no f ucking buisness inside of a pc. If you can't figure out how to cut some ####ing aluminum up, or some sheet steel, your a ####ing moron, give up now, shut the #### up, do us all a favor, and go ####ing kill yourself.

2nd complaing.. people worried about loosing their ####ing warranty.. SHUT THE #### UP LUSERS. #### me i long fo rthe days when you had to void the warranty to make any kind of upgrade at ####ing all. My A1200 had tape over front center keyboard screw hole just like the others, and i remembe rthe joy of poking that #### sucker open within 4 hours of the ups truck (fuck?) leaving. A few months later I noticed that after being left on for 20 days or so the machine got exceptionally hot.. did I complain.. no., I went to radio shack, picked up a stupid 486 fan and cut a hole in the case work for it, did I complain about the lack of wires, #### no, i cut the floppy connector up a bit and solder them onto the 12v line on that.

#### #### #### blame #### blame blame ####... quit your ####ing ####ing, and start making solutions. Its a machine for developers, a machien for geeks, fix your own ####ing problems and odn't worry about breaking #### here and there.
    -Polyhead-
  • »16.03.04 - 09:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Yvan
    I don't hope that you're right by saying 'It's a machine for geeks'. If yes then it will be out of market very soon.
  • »16.03.04 - 09:46
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Polyhead
    well lets seeeee.. first off it was an amiga like computer... that market is only full of ####tards and loosers.

Or its a computer for opensource people... who have no ####ing money becuase they give all their code away.

This thing has a market anyway?[
    -Polyhead-
  • »16.03.04 - 09:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

Polyhead wrote:
    ####ing aluminum up, or some sheet steel, your a ####ing moron, give up now, shut the #### up, do us all a favor, and go ####ing kill yourself.

2nd complaing.. people worried about loosing their ####ing warranty.. SHUT THE #### UP LUSERS. #### me i long fo rthe days when you had to void the warranty to make any kind of upgrade at ####ing all. My A1200 had tape over front center keyboard screw hole just like the others, and i remembe rthe joy of poking that #### sucker open within 4 hours of the ups truck (fuck?) leaving. A few months later I noticed that after being left on for 20 days or so the machine got exceptionally hot.. did I complain.. no., I went to radio shack, picked up a stupid 486 fan and cut a hole in the case work for it, did I complain about the lack of wires, #### no, i cut the floppy connector up a bit and solder them onto the 12v line on that.

bitch bitch bitch blame bitch blame blame bitch... quit your ####ing bitching, and start making solutions. Its a machine for developers, a machien for geeks, fix your own ####ing problems and odn't worry about breaking #### here and there.

Mate, do you have a ####-problem? You might be right in the things you are saying, but reading a text with loads of #### is just ####.

Thing is, all this complaining is not totally worthless. It starts the first part of an extensive faq. we need questions, we need answers. Sometimes it looks only like complaining and some people are indeed complaining only. My impression of the MOS comunity is that it is a nice little friendly community and most ppl here are happy with the way the peg and MOS goes.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »16.03.04 - 10:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • -D-
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    -D-
    @Polyhead

While I agree with your points overall...keep in mind that some
    people may or may not be as "handy" as others...so calm down:-P
  • »16.03.04 - 10:10
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    can you all say IP block? :-) :-o
    "Poundsmack, official morphzone thread creator" -LorD
    "Wanna be lord of the avatars." -JKD
  • »16.03.04 - 19:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Polyhead
    big fat ####ing chance of that happening.

poundsmack, your just pissed becuase your one of the aformentioned lusers. Fact one.. your ####ing clueless. Your the type of idiot that if I had you in my shop, i would get squemish every time i saw you with a screwdriver in hand. Jesus i would feel more safe seeing you walk about with your dick in your hand than a screwdriver, and i don't mean vodka and some orange colored nasty tasting ####.
    -Polyhead-
  • »16.03.04 - 20:03
    Profile Visit Website
  • Targhan
    No, I will not IP block Poly. He may have a thing for not-so-nice words, but he is knowledgable and resourceful. Besides, who else will help me test the "auto censor" :-P :lol:
    :idea:Targhan

MorphOS portal? www.MorphZone.org
  • »16.03.04 - 20:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Polyhead
    If they aren't handy its becuase their either stupid or lazy though. Which is the point of my email. #### stupid people, and more so #### lazy people. The community doesn't need them, give them a good kick to the ribs and send them on their way.
    -Polyhead-
  • »16.03.04 - 20:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    cecilia
    WHAO! ok, boys, let's not fight.
    Man, Polyhead, are you having a bad hair-day or what???
    :-o

I understand you are frustrated, but the only way to solve a problem is to talk it out. and sometimes people miss something that is obvious to others. it happens - even to me! :lol: :lol:

I see computers as a puzzle: the fun part is figuring it out. and I'm not a programmer or a tech-head. the reason I got involved with Amigas in the first place was because it was the 1st computer that could be used by artists to create art!
    as long as one keeps in view the reason for our "love" of amiga and anything like amiga, we can stay focused on what is important.
    questions are good.
    "if you ever slam anyone, for anything, somehow you always end up eating shoe" Targhan
  • »16.03.04 - 20:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • JKD
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    JKD
    There are many people on the web (and in real life) that are damned annoying but one persons annoyance is another's sense of humor or way of dealing with things.

Grow up - if Poly breaks any specific rules, repeatedly then I'm sure the mods will act appropriately. Until then, use some maturity and just recognize that Poly is "Young, (not so) dumb and full of...." Well, if you don't know the saying then I'm not explaining it to you.

Amongst the f'ing and blinding, Poly actually had a point - if I may be more eloquent:

1. If you are a user/artist/whatever with little computer knowledge then you really have no need to mess with the default configuration. If you don't have the knowlede then don't mess. If you desire to learn then find someone to teach....moving on up to grade 2:

2. If you are an enthusiast then you probably have the skills to do it and have built several computers, added cards, manuf. or modded cases etc. Heck you might even have an EE or CS degree....moving on up to grade 3:

3. If you are a geek....get back to your rev 2.4.2.4.45.13.4 linux kernel mod! :-D

Steve
  • »16.03.04 - 20:30
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    for the record i build costom computers for people....and do great work....... :-D i also am a crpay photographer....cecilia can conferm that lol
  • »16.03.04 - 20:34
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Polyhead
    Quote:

for the record i build costom computers for people....and do great work......

Beleive that when i see it.
    -Polyhead-
  • »16.03.04 - 20:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    cecilia
    Quote:

poundsmack wrote:
    i also am crpay photographer....cecilia can conferm that lol
    well, yes. but while you started out "crappy", with a little help from me, you were making MUCH better images. and with a cheap camera!
    and THAT is really the point.
    anyone - with a bit of effort and help - can improve! :-P
    "if you ever slam anyone, for anything, somehow you always end up eating shoe" Targhan
  • »16.03.04 - 20:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    Very eloquent. Give it a rest man. We dont need this foolishness here.

magnetic
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »16.03.04 - 22:06
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Van_M
    One thing, "Polyhead" has forgotten to mention is how great, his mil-spec Amiga 2500 is... He got banned from any other site and then he decided to come here to troll and abuse...
  • »16.03.04 - 22:54
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Polyhead
    never been ban from any other amiga sites.. mainly becuase i dont' go to them becuase the people that hang out there generally speaker are ####ing idiots. The stupids sacks of #### do good to get the cables connected let alone keep them running.

The reason for this is obvios too. Only idiots keep using the stupid ####ing things. Sure in 94 it was a usable peice of hardware, in 04, its pratically worthless. Especially given the fact that UAE on the right x86 hardware is several magnitude faster than any Amiga hardware ever built.
    -Polyhead-
  • »16.03.04 - 23:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Polyhead
    Quote:

Very eloquent. Give it a rest man. We dont need this foolishness here.

nice.. this coming from someone that uses debian. use a real distro ####tard.
    -Polyhead-
  • »16.03.04 - 23:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Atheist
    Quote:

Targhan wrote:
    Besides, who else will help me test the "auto censor" :-P :lol:

Hi Targhan,

Time for more debugging.

Hi poundsmack,

I'm going to see "Dawn of the Dead" on Thursday.....CAN'T WAIT!!!!
  • »23.03.04 - 01:50
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    poundsmack
    dawn of the dead was awsome!
  • »23.03.04 - 02:12
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Ronald
    Polyhead reminds me of this:
    Foamy :lol: ;-)
    - Ronald
  • »23.03.04 - 03:06
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Polyhead
    heh yea, foamy's my loard and master for sure!

####in' heavy nut tossin'...
    -Polyhead-
  • »23.03.04 - 07:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Oppressor
    Polyhead, you're the kind of guy to whom I'd bring my computers to REPAIR them. If you know how to handle a screwdriver and oilcan, you have every right to oil the machinery for people with a clue, AND to shut the #### up. I really prefer to remain agnostic about hardware and to spend my time thinking about programming and software architecture. Oiling the machinery is not of my business, as long as there a service people like you whose services I can draw on... but only if they don't complain and keep telling me about how clueless I'm about hardware. I'm proud of it. Hardware would be a waste of time for my talents.

You seem to believe that the only use of computers was for modding cases and putting every kind of silly distro on it, just for the sake of it. The Pegasos turned out to be energy-saving, silent and service-friendly for me, which helped me to become a bit more independent from loudmouthed "bicycle repairmen" like you, who can't help but to run around and tell everybody about their abilities to handle a screwdriver and oilcan. We have different notions of computers, get over it. Btw., I can hardly detect any difference between X86PC bicycle repairmen and PPCPC bicycle repairmen, and I doubt there is one.
  • »23.03.04 - 08:50
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Polyhead
    Opressor;

If your not clued into the hardware capabilities, it is impossible for you to author usable software. That has been proven over and over and over again.

Not to mention there is no difference between repairing or moding an mother board just becuase it has a different cpu on it. These days all basically work the sameway. Actually its the case moding crowd that can go suck a truck load of #### for all i care. Most of them are just as ####ing stupid as you people. Possibly even worse, but its a close race since they usually try to learn about the hardware.

In the end your way of thinking is why computers are in such a sorry state. You only want to understand your stupid little narrow band of computers, rather than have any general knowledge of how they work.

now... Paying someone to fix your bicycle for you.. that is lame on a grand scale!
    -Polyhead-
  • »23.03.04 - 17:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Van_M
    I wonder what else, Doomy (AKA "Polyhead") is gonna pull out, just for the sake of screwing up the nice spirit of yet another website... racist or homophobic remarks? I wouldn't be surprised... just be careful Doomy--> if you keep on insulting and scamming on people like you use to do (the guy has stolen a lot of money from Amiga users) someone might be able to track you down, pay you a visit, and make the whole meeting quite... unforgetable!

BTW alot of people (me being one) are writing good, useful software using high-level languages and tools. Not ASM. If you think that I should switch from Delphi to ASM (and therefore program the hardware directly) to create the accounting platform I'm workin' on at the moment, then I think you are at least naive and I feel quite sorry for you and your self-proclaimed "proficiency" in IT!
  • »23.03.04 - 21:17