Shogo sound prob
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    klapdeur
    hi guys i have finaly shogo running but i dont get any sound from shogo. whats the config to get sound from shogo with the ahi from peggy.
    please help me out i want to play this one on my peg its realy faster then my a1200 blizzard ppc.

it seems it cant find my audio.device ??? anyone can help me out here ??????

:-?
    Klapdeur Os: Systems: MorphOS 1.4.5 Pegasos 1 april fixed voodoo 4500 MorphOS 2.0 Not yet registerd A1200T 1230 196 mb scsi mediator voodoo 3 network pci scsi cdburners jaz 2gb Ide cd-rw,dvdplayer,zip100in A400D ppc amiga os3.9/4.0 / MorphOS pow
  • »21.02.04 - 09:53
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    warface
    Set the channels in the selected AHI unit as required in the docs +1. I suggest you to set it to 32.
  • »22.02.04 - 14:13
    Profile Visit Website
    Miky060
    You lucky! You at least reached to have Shogo running, I can't get it working here, on my Voodoo3/4. How did you get it working?

PegasosII "Elite" Machine --> PowerMac MDD "popular" Machine --> MacMini 1.5 "still more popular" Machine
  • »23.02.04 - 10:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    wlamee
    You mean you have it running with sound?

I have a Pegasos II, with an ATI Radeon 9200SE I get no screen modes to choose from (thus no game to play), and with a Voodoo 5 5500 AGP I get 2D and accelerated 3D screen modes available up to 800 x 600.

But no sound. When starting up I get a screen saying 'Could not initialize sound. Please make sure your sound card is configured correctly. press Enter to continue'.

After that, I can play the game just fine without sound. In the Shogolauncher, I am using AHI sound, set to 32 channels.

This evening I will put my screen shots up on http://www.xs4all.nl/~wlamee/Shogo/ , they show what I use and the results I get. I tried all AHI units, with the same result every time: no sound.

I also contacted Thomas Frieden of Hyperion, and they do not support the Pegasos currently, so he could not help me out. He did tell me that the Ati Radeon graphics card not providing 2D/3D screens is probably due to the little/big endian-ness of the graphics card, because Shogo needs one type (which the Voodoo cards are) and the Ati card is the other type.

Back to the topic: If you have Shogo running with sound, I would like to know all your Shogo settings and if you're using the motherboard sound or a PCI soundcard (if so, which one)?

wlamee
    Wouter Lamee
    mailto:wouter@wouterlamee.nl
    http://www.wouterlamee.nl
  • »23.02.04 - 12:21
    Profile Visit Website
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Hi all,

some months ago, I wrote here, that my Shogo also didnt run. I managed it to run, but without sound and I couldnt also change any weapon.

Everything has changed, when did a big changes: I installed Arexx and Helvetica.font, change wizzard.libraries and copy Shogo drawer in my Amiga env-archive to my Pegasos env-archive.

I dont know, what thing helped, but now Shogo runs me without problems.
    JACK - 3D gfx artist
    Config: Pegasos 2 G3/600 MHz, 256 MB SDRAM (Kingmax), ATI Radeon 9200 Pro 128MB, 120 GB HDD

My new web: http://jack-3d.wz.cz
  • »23.02.04 - 13:46
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    Quote:

After that, I can play the game just fine without sound. In the Shogolauncher, I am using AHI sound, set to 32 channels.

Just to make sure: you set the 32 channels to the correct AHI unit in system prefs, and not Shogolauncher, right?
  • »23.02.04 - 14:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    wlamee
    I have set all AHI units (except the music unit) to 32 channels and in Shogo I also put 32 channels. No sound. I also tried as few channels as Shogolauncher would allow, which is 4. Still no sound.

On a side note, the Voodoo 5 is rather neat because it allows you to choose lots of different 3D screenmodes, check it out at my Pegasos screenshots

Regarding the sound for Shogo, I am open to suggestions ...

P.S. On my web site, I have placed a CD jewel box inlay I pieced together for Shogo. If anybody is interested, let me know and I may put the high res version up on the web if there's enough interest. Check it out at Shogo jewel box

wlamee
    Wouter Lamee
  • »23.02.04 - 23:35
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    Differences in my system prefs:

Unit 0 is Pegasos:HiFi 16 bit stereo ++

Differences in my shogo prefs:

Audio Channels: 16

Stream one-shot sound: ticked

At first glance that's all I could notice. Hope it helps.
  • »24.02.04 - 19:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    wlamee
    Used the settings like you said, no change - still no sound. Thanks for the idea though.

I ran it this time using SnoopDos, and it seems Shogo tries to open audio.device even though an AHI unit has been selected.

That leaves me with two options:
    1. Ask Hyperion if they can skip the audio.device access during booting when using AHI and release a patch for us poor Pegasos people.
    2. Maybe there's a utility on Aminet that uses AHI to emulate audio.device, which might be a workaround.

I'll try option 1, and have a search for option two. I'll put any results I can find up on this thread if it lives long enough, otherwise mail me or look around on http://www.wouterlamee.nl

wlamee
    Wouter Lamee
  • »24.02.04 - 22:20
    Profile Visit Website
    warface
    Quote:

That leaves me with two options:

Shogo runs fine on Pegasos, I suggest read through the docs to the letter, and experience with the settings. It runs fine here with sound, and I'm not alone :-) It will work, don't give up. There must be something you've overlooked I presume.
  • »25.02.04 - 18:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    wlamee
    I'm afraid after a load of changes similar to yours (get Amiga ARexx, some extra fonts, bullet library), I also got Shogo running with 3D and sound. I don't know what particular bit fixed it either.

I still can't play Descent-Freespace or Heretic II. Strange thing is that the playable demos of both games do work (Freespace with 3D and sound, Heretic II with 3D but no sound). :-?

wlamee
    Wouter Lamee
  • »20.03.04 - 12:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    I think it is the animation player, that uses audio.device (and doesn't support AHI at all)

I just installed Shogo and couldn't get any sound either, but after I set in prefs on "advanced" page "Disable movies", sounds started working...
  • »17.06.04 - 12:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • HAK
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @ Jupp3,

Are you using a Radeon gfx-card?

I found out, that I only had problems with recognising audio.device when I used a software-renderer with this game.

Using a hw-renderer it worked OK.

Maybe some missing initialisation when not using hw-renderer?

Bye HAK
  • »17.06.04 - 23:52
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Jupp3
    Quote:

Are you using a Radeon gfx-card?

I had Radeon 9100, and couldn't get any screenmodes to select...

After changing to Voodoo, it seemed to work... But sounds didn't...

But after I disabled the movies sounds started working...

Haven't tried software rendering on Voodoo, but it didn't work on Radeon 9100 for sure.
  • »18.06.04 - 08:59
    Profile Visit Website
  • HAK
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @ Jupp3,

Hm, AFAIR I never had a problem with Shogo and a Voodoo3 3000 (PCI) in hw-mode.

When using a Radeon 7000/VE (AGP) under MOS 1.2 and earlier I also couldn't get any screenmodes (can't remember whether it already worked with MOS 1.3).

After disabling movies the sw-renderer with the Voodoo works with sound also; haven't tried the Radeon with these setting as I'm to lazy to switch gfx-cards ATM.

Bye HAK
  • »18.06.04 - 09:46
  • ocs
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    ocs
  • »18.06.04 - 13:04
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    klapdeur
    great when ive turned of play movies it works on voodoo 4 software and
    hardware render with sound
    Klapdeur Os: Systems: MorphOS 1.4.5 Pegasos 1 april fixed voodoo 4500 MorphOS 2.0 Not yet registerd A1200T 1230 196 mb scsi mediator voodoo 3 network pci scsi cdburners jaz 2gb Ide cd-rw,dvdplayer,zip100in A400D ppc amiga os3.9/4.0 / MorphOS pow
  • »18.06.04 - 22:45
  • DDJ
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    DDJ
    Hi wlamee, can you tell me where i can get the .so files to put my Q2 running in HW, or better send me this little guys :-D .

Thanks.
    Peg2 G4 1Ghz rev. 1.2 - CPU rev 1.2 - Built on 20050808
    OF-version 1.2 (20050808153840)
    Radeon 9250 (9200Pro) 256MB/128bits AGP - OEM PCVIEW (ProLink)
    RAM 1GB - 2x512MB DDR333 CL2 - Kingston HyperX
    40GB ATA100 - Brand ?
  • »19.06.04 - 01:00
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Taerwin
    Hello,

@OCS: I have the same problem as you.

Heretic II runs fine; I made the installation from the CDs (version 1.1 I believe - didn't install any additional files)

Freespace: Made the installation from the CD; tried the firts mission (the tutorial). Begins OK, but very quickly I have a big horizontal or vertical green line accross the screen :-(

My configuration: PegasosII - G4 - 512 MBytes RAM - Voodoo 3
    PegasosII G4 - 512 Mb - Voodoo 3
    Amiga 1200/603e - 256 Mb - BVision
  • »02.08.04 - 13:21