Powerbook - Touchpad settings for left-handed
  • xix
  • Just looking around
    Hello,
    me as a left-handed person, I am struggling with the touchpad on my beloved powerbook. The main problem is the usage of the right mouse button. When using the right hand, the click is recognized every time. From my observation it is due to different position of the fingers. I've search and cannot really find a setting to change to left hand. Is there a setting or maybe a tool/utility to solve this problem. At the time of writing I have to use a mouse every time, which is not optimal :/
    Regards
    xix
  • »15.05.24 - 09:05
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Tcheko
    Quote:

xix wrote:
    Hello,
    me as a left-handed person, I am struggling with the touchpad on my beloved powerbook. The main problem is the usage of the right mouse button. When using the right hand, the click is recognized every time. From my observation it is due to different position of the fingers. I've search and cannot really find a setting to change to left hand. Is there a setting or maybe a tool/utility to solve this problem. At the time of writing I have to use a mouse every time, which is not optimal :/
    Regards
    xix

You can probably look at some commodities for that.

For example:

https://aminet.net/package/util/cdity/leftymouse106

This CX will probably swaps left/right mouse buttons. Let us know!

EDIT:
    Just tested this tool. It does swap the mouse buttons fine. Extremely disturbing when you're used to 'right click' behaviour. :)

[ Edited by Tcheko 15.05.2024 - 12:40 ]
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »15.05.24 - 11:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @Tcheko

I think you've misunderstood. I've just tested and it indeed is hard to simulate a right click with the left hand. I'll have to try and see how...

@xix

You can enable 'Open menus by clicking the primary mouse button with ...' in Mouse settings and that'll make it easier for you to do right clicks.
  • »15.05.24 - 15:43
    Profile Visit Website
  • xix
  • Just looking around
    @jacadcaps
    Very good hint, this makes it really much more pleasant to use the right mouse button as a left-handed person :) Thx
  • »23.05.24 - 17:48