Best filesystem for MorphOS to use
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Before I get too carried away with building up my AmigaOne X5K with software, I wanted to make sure the SFS filesystem I created (50gb) for my MorphOS 3.18 was a good choice.

I saw tons of options, many foreign to me, so I went with the one on top, SFS.

Did I choose wisely <que in Indiana Jones movie here... yeh you know the one>

TJ
  • »13.01.24 - 20:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    You chose 'wisely'...

Some have claimed that the native PFS runs faster, but SFS is the default and I have used it for 20 years without any issues... It is very stable and mature, so who needs drama right?
  • »13.01.24 - 22:53
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Thanks, yeh life has enough drama. haha

TJ

Quote:

matt3 wrote:
    You chose 'wisely'...

Some have claimed that the native PFS runs faster, but SFS is the default and I have used it for 20 years without any issues... It is very stable and mature, so who needs drama right?
  • »13.01.24 - 23:17
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    zukow
    Quote:

amigasociety wrote:
    Before I get too carried away with building up my AmigaOne X5K with software, I wanted to make sure the SFS filesystem I created (50gb) for my MorphOS 3.18 was a good choice.

I saw tons of options, many foreign to me, so I went with the one on top, SFS.

Did I choose wisely <que in Indiana Jones movie here... yeh you know the one>

TJ

SFS from MorphOS is afaik not quite compatible with AmigaOS4 SFS (it is compatible with old OS3 sfs) so do not try to write between MOS/OS4 SFS partitions. Reading should work ok.

You can also play with Cache settings, it is Morphos implemenetation of Dynamicache tool.

if something goes wrong with SFS partition, you can use included SFS Doctor.
  • »14.01.24 - 11:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    vulture
    Personally, I never had a single problem on my Peg2 sharing files between SFS0 and SFS2 partitions under both MorphOS and AmigaOS4. MorphOS' sfs doctor worked equally well on partitions formatted by any one OS.
  • »14.01.24 - 12:47