Does Wayfarer work with Google Drive & Calendar & etc...
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Just curious if Wayfarer works with the various apps at your google like drive, calendar, etc...

Thanks

TJ
  • »17.12.23 - 01:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    @TJ,

I tried to use a google item, think sheets years ago with wayfarer and it worked just fine. Pretty sure it was sheets, but I'm an old guy and can't remember what I have for breakfast :). Jacek is certainly interactive and helpful if you run into issues.

I certainly would welcome to hear if anyone uses google apps daily. I don't care for these big companies frankly , so I use PolyOrganizer, Iris, PageStream, LibreOffice, and TurboCalc. The cloud is over rated for me anyways.

The X5000 is a real nice system, but you may wish to pickup a PowerMac G5 (2.7GHz PCIx or 2.5 GHz PCIe) system as well. Having a fast clock and Altivec make a very noticeable impact on how fast MorphOS performs. You will be very pleasantly surprised. Wayfarer will use everything you throw at it, besides for either system you can get from free to $250.

I have used wayfarer for accessing containers on my NAS, again works perfectly but any amount of fuel you add to the fire will help make it a better experience.

Lastly there are tweaks you can do, such as use the fastest SSD or M2 you can, turn on Caching, play with settings. These all will make incremental improvements. Wayfarer for 80% of the websites I go to is just as fast as my PC and works perfectly, there will be some that require the jeopardy music to get through it. Wayfarer being on the latest webkits and being as capable as it is, is truly a marvel in AmigaLand...

I enjoyed watching your videos, nice job btw! Your 4.1 desktop, looks really nice. Hope to see MorphOS vids in the future.
  • »17.12.23 - 10:07
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Thanks Matt3, I hope to get MorphOS running at some point on my X5K. Lack of space means no PowerMac G5 is in the cards but having MorphOS able to boot from my X5K will be a treat.

Thanks for the kind words about my videos. ;-)

TJ

Quote:

matt3 wrote:
    @TJ,

I tried to use a google item, think sheets years ago with wayfarer and it worked just fine. Pretty sure it was sheets, but I'm an old guy and can't remember what I have for breakfast :). Jacek is certainly interactive and helpful if you run into issues.

I certainly would welcome to hear if anyone uses google apps daily. I don't care for these big companies frankly , so I use PolyOrganizer, Iris, PageStream, LibreOffice, and TurboCalc. The cloud is over rated for me anyways.

The X5000 is a real nice system, but you may wish to pickup a PowerMac G5 (2.7GHz PCIx or 2.5 GHz PCIe) system as well. Having a fast clock and Altivec make a very noticeable impact on how fast MorphOS performs. You will be very pleasantly surprised. Wayfarer will use everything you throw at it, besides for either system you can get from free to $250.

I have used wayfarer for accessing containers on my NAS, again works perfectly but any amount of fuel you add to the fire will help make it a better experience.

Lastly there are tweaks you can do, such as use the fastest SSD or M2 you can, turn on Caching, play with settings. These all will make incremental improvements. Wayfarer for 80% of the websites I go to is just as fast as my PC and works perfectly, there will be some that require the jeopardy music to get through it. Wayfarer being on the latest webkits and being as capable as it is, is truly a marvel in AmigaLand...

I enjoyed watching your videos, nice job btw! Your 4.1 desktop, looks really nice. Hope to see MorphOS vids in the future.

• »17.12.23 - 16:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Google Drive appears to work just fine. I've just tested uploading and downloading files with no issues. Calendar also works. All other Google apps I've tested did as well - though your mileage may vary. I don't use any of the Google stuff on a daily basis so I haven't really tested much.
  • »17.12.23 - 21:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Thanks for checking.

I have to use Google Drive, Calendar, etc... for work so would be nice to have access to them on my X5K should that need arise.

Thanks

TJ

Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    Google Drive appears to work just fine. I've just tested uploading and downloading files with no issues. Calendar also works. All other Google apps I've tested did as well - though your mileage may vary. I don't use any of the Google stuff on a daily basis so I haven't really tested much.
  • »18.12.23 - 17:16
    Profile Visit Website