Back on MorphOS after bringing back my old MDD.
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Doffo
    Posts: 507 from 2010/10/14
    From: Nevada
    Hello,

    For the last 2 weeks my family went to visit Nevada. While we were out there I lugged back my old MDD tower that I registered MorphOS on many years ago. After connecting the tower, it booted right into MorphOS and the way I had things set. The last version it had was 3.11 so it has been some time ago. Updating to 3.18 was swift and worked fine. I do miss MorphOS and glad to be back even if its on an old MDD. :) Wayfarer works great but of course the G4 is starting to show its age a bit. In time I will try to source a G5 that has DDR2 memory.

    Hope you all have a good day.
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »15.06.23 - 04:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Tcheko
    Posts: 518 from 2003/2/25
    From: France
    Quote:

    Doffo wrote:
    Hello,

    For the last 2 weeks my family went to visit Nevada. While we were out there I lugged back my old MDD tower that I registered MorphOS on many years ago. After connecting the tower, it booted right into MorphOS and the way I had things set. The last version it had was 3.11 so it has been some time ago. Updating to 3.18 was swift and worked fine. I do miss MorphOS and glad to be back even if its on an old MDD. :) Wayfarer works great but of course the G4 is starting to show its age a bit. In time I will try to source a G5 that has DDR2 memory.

    Hope you all have a good day.


    Welcome back :)

    I hope you'll enjoy all the work done between 3.11 and 3.18!
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »15.06.23 - 08:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Doffo
    Posts: 507 from 2010/10/14
    From: Nevada
    Quote:

    Tcheko wrote:

    Welcome back :)

    I hope you'll enjoy all the work done between 3.11 and 3.18!


    Thanks. So far its been working ok. For some reason when I am playing any audio through either Eagleplayer, AmigaAMP, or AmiNetRadio the MDD will freeze up on the audio. I will try a PCI sound card first as for now I was only using the onboard sound on the MDD through the headphone jack up front.
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »15.06.23 - 16:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Posts: 1492 from 2012/11/10
    From: Manchester, UK/GB
    @ Doffo - I never use (since I migrated from 68k Classic Amigas) Eagleplayer, AmigaAMP, or AmiNetRadio as they just work poorly, freeze or are not as compatible as native MorphOS utilities, such as Jukebox (screenbar utility), or RNOTunes usually in conjunction with RNOInfoScreen, though I sometimes use DAPlayer, but not very often compared to the other two. 8-D

    My advice would be to not bother trying a PCI audio card, as it will most likely be a waste of your time to try to get those old audio utilities from the 68k era to function correctly with MorphOS - use something intended for MorphOS.

    I never got Eagleplayer v2.x (which I really used to like and paid for a licenced key when using 68k) as it doesn't work as it should with MorphOS code (even with the supposed 'fixes') usually, same for AminetRadio, which I never got good mileage out of even during my 68k Classic Amiga years. I initially was disappointed that the 68k music utilities had to be abandoned, but now that JukeBox, RNOTunes, etc., are available I don't miss them at all. :-D

    Don't forget that there is also RNORadio and WebRadio (screenbar utility) that can play many of the current internet streamed radio stations (I'm using WebRadio as I write this reply) so I recommend you try those as well, as you'll probably enjoy using them as well. ;-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »17.06.23 - 01:14
    Profile
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Doffo
    Posts: 507 from 2010/10/14
    From: Nevada
    Eagleplayer does seem to work ok for me, but of course that changes sometimes. I will look into something else to play musics from.
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »17.06.23 - 01:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Posts: 1492 from 2012/11/10
    From: Manchester, UK/GB
    Just so you know . . . RNOTunes plays . . .

    Supports MP3, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, AIFF, WAV, Protracker, DigiBooster, SID, AHX, FastTracker II, ScreamTracker, OctaMED, The Player, NoisePacker, ProRunner, Oktalyzer, Impulse Tracker, Ultra Tracker, Ice Tracker, Liquid Tracker, Quadra Composer, and many other formats! :-o
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »17.06.23 - 03:35
    Profile
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    cip060
    Posts: 137 from 2010/7/30
    I also use MPlayer it is no longer updated but it works very well

    https://www.morphos-storage.net/?id=1551044


    [ Edited by cip060 17.06.2023 - 10:11 ]
  • »17.06.23 - 09:10
    Profile
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Doffo
    Posts: 507 from 2010/10/14
    From: Nevada
    Quote:

    NewSense wrote:
    Just so you know . . . RNOTunes plays . . .

    Supports MP3, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, AIFF, WAV, Protracker, DigiBooster, SID, AHX, FastTracker II, ScreamTracker, OctaMED, The Player, NoisePacker, ProRunner, Oktalyzer, Impulse Tracker, Ultra Tracker, Ice Tracker, Liquid Tracker, Quadra Composer, and many other formats! :-o


    Nice! :)
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »17.06.23 - 10:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Doffo
    Posts: 507 from 2010/10/14
    From: Nevada
    Quote:

    cip060 wrote:
    I also use MPlayer it is no longer updated but it works very well

    https://www.morphos-storage.net/?id=1551044



    At least on the G5 I was able to do 720p videos @ 30 fps. Never tried 60 FPS videos to see how it would handle it.
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »17.06.23 - 10:14
    Profile Visit Website