New to Morph, but loving it so far
  • Just looking around
    Robertc85
    the last time i owned anything even remotely commodore related it wasn't even an amiga, it was the commodore PET. having only played around in workbench on UAE i must say this update that breathes new life into my 20+ year old g5 dual have been worth the price of admission, i am only novice in Linux and am a busy man, that being said i still want to help this project in anyway i can, having never owned a real amiga in the 80's and 90's i can only imagine the minds that were blown when this came out. anyway i wanted to say hi and keep up the good work!
  • »15.02.23 - 04:57
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Welcome!
  • »15.02.23 - 12:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

Robertc85 wrote:
    i am only novice in Linux

That's OK, because Linux background won't really help with MorphOS that much.
  • »15.02.23 - 12:43
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    Welcome!

I'm in the same boat as you. I never had an Amiga, but love playing with all different operating systems.

MorphOS is really special and I'm enjoying it a lot. I've been collecting PowerPC Mac's specifically for MorphOS, that's how much I love the OS.

The great community is huge plus for me. Remember to drop in on IRC and say hello there too :)
  • »15.02.23 - 12:48
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    matt3
    Welcome!

As others have said this is a tremendous community.

MorphOS is really a work of OS art imho, it runs very well and the apps being developed on it are sweet.

I started on commodore VIC then 64, eventually went to a Amiga 500 and 3000. MorphOS is now my home.
  • »16.02.23 - 02:13
  • Just looking around
    Robertc85
    Quote:

matt3 wrote:

I started on commodore VIC then 64, eventually went to a Amiga 500 and 3000. MorphOS is now my home.

i owned the version of the PET without the built in cassette drive, but that's not showing my age. it was already very old when i got it handed to me, but it taught me BASIC and sparked my love of tech
  • »16.02.23 - 04:52