Hercules MK2 Dj Console - usb connection error
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    Hey, I have this issue lately with the hardware stated at the topic.

Checking the prefs/usb it states: State - DevSesc, Class - None, Bindings - None. Powercycling it reads the following: Warning cdcacm.class Unable to load modeswitch data file.

This, when connected to a d-link external powered hub. If connected to NEC 2.0 usb pci, sometimes it's completely dead (isn't recognised at all). However, upon reboot it might work. It's completely erratic. It used to work great though. :/

Is it possible to force a class? And if so, which one? Device/Information doesn't have any option allowed.

Any ideas?
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »19.11.22 - 22:37
    Profile Visit Website
    Tcheko
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    It used to work great though. :/

Work great under MorphOS?

This device afair (I also have one) is using HID class for all the controller surface. Also, this device draws a lot of current on USB port which can make it behave heratically if the USB port is weak. For using it reliably on my PowerBook, I had to use *two* usb ports to power it with enough juice. Using an externally powered USB hub is probably a better option.

For the audio part, afair, the audio class is reporting a 4 channels out and fails to init as well.

I abandonned using it because of all those problems. Instead, I grabbed some MIDI enabled controllers which usually work flawless.
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »20.11.22 - 08:38
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    Yeah, used to work but now it doesn't. I really don't understand what's the root cause but I agree that it behaves really unstable. So, what's your proposal for an equally featured midi controller? Budget is rather limited but I 'll look into second hand market too.
  • »21.11.22 - 14:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kriz
    Sorry for stupid question but what do you use a dj controller in Morph os for ?
    MacMiniG4 MOS 3.18 rulez ... For music check: Horrordelic Records - Dark Psychedelic Music Since 2011 -
  • »21.11.22 - 17:10
    Profile Visit Website
    Tcheko
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    Yeah, used to work but now it doesn't. I really don't understand what's the root cause but I agree that it behaves really unstable. So, what's your proposal for an equally featured midi controller? Budget is rather limited but I 'll look into second hand market too.

Second hand market is the way to go to grab a decent device at a fair price.

Any model that is working with MIDI is ok.

MIDI devices I own for dj control:

Vestax VCI-100
    Hercule DJ Control MP3 LE

Both work ok. Vestax is better built (metal case). Keep in mind that any device supporting MIDI protocol will work.
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
  • »21.11.22 - 21:32
    Profile Visit Website
    Cool_amigaN
    @kriz

Soundbankster by someone nicknamed ... Tcheko I think? :)

And of course you can also bind the jogs / buttons of the console via prefs/usb/device to do whatever you want (ie have a global mute or adjust the volume by sliding :))

@Tcheko, thanks man :) I have started hunting any of those two. I can find the vestax around 100 euros on ebay but the postage from the US greatly increases the price :/ In the meantime, I 'll have to pass the Herc MK2 to some unsuspected pc user ;D
  • »21.11.22 - 23:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kriz
    Ok, i should check with my hercules inpulse 500 or some old pioneer controller that is here then :) Thx !
    MacMiniG4 MOS 3.18 rulez ... For music check: Horrordelic Records - Dark Psychedelic Music Since 2011 -
  • »22.11.22 - 09:48
    Profile Visit Website
    Tcheko
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    @kriz

Soundbankster by someone nicknamed ... Tcheko I think? :)

And of course you can also bind the jogs / buttons of the console via prefs/usb/device to do whatever you want (ie have a global mute or adjust the volume by sliding :))

@Tcheko, thanks man :) I have started hunting any of those two. I can find the vestax around 100 euros on ebay but the postage from the US greatly increases the price :/ In the meantime, I 'll have to pass the Herc MK2 to some unsuspected pc user ;D

Any controller that works with MIDI will do the job. Really. No need to focus on the already tested devices.

I also have a V2 of SoundBankster sleeping on my SSD... I should release it someday...

Demoed at some french party this autumn.
    DSC01954.JPG
    -------
  • »22.11.22 - 16:38
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kriz
    Ohh a new version ? Please :D
  • »24.11.22 - 16:34
    Profile Visit Website
    Stevo
    Quote:

kriz wrote:
    Ohh a new version ? Please :D

Indeed!
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »24.11.22 - 19:31