Amiga Kit Blog: Amiga 37 Show
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > there are some old Warp3D software [...] that would be more comfortable
    > for me to use with this A4000 rather than loading them from AmigaOS3.9

Regarding old Warp3D software, there will be TinyRave for your MorphOS machines with R300+ GPU :-)
  • »24.10.22 - 00:13
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    Edit: and NO, you still aren't going to get far with a 90s HDD even if it has a wide SCSI interface. Period.

Wouldn't like to continue with this, but just curious why do you think people would restrict to 90s HDDs? There are newer (UW) SCSI HDDs with good capacity, and as said several times, with adapters you can get newer/bigger/cheaper devices connected too.

For example, I have IBM Ultrastar 18 GB SCSI HDD in my A1200 and I think it's from 2003 or so, my Peg1 has WD 320 GB PATA HDD from late 00s which would work in my SCSI setup just fine with an adapter. I also have a SCA adapter to connect newer standard SCSI devices to an older bus. I don't know if there'd be any issues connecting these more modern SSDs that we use on PPC Macs either?
  • »24.10.22 - 07:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    over 1000 people attended??? WOW! I wish I could go to one of these. What are the attendance numbers for Amiwest?
  • »24.10.22 - 14:15
    Profile Visit Website
    Kronos
    So someone not even involved makes a vague statement based on wishful thinking.

It is simple:
    - if Tabor had been released 8 years ago at the announced price ($300) with a non braindead SoC
    ----> a MorphOS would have made perfect sense
    - if Tabor was released today with a <$500 price tag and non braindead SoC
    ----> a MorphOS would have been welcomed
    - if Tabor was released today with at the current $1500 price tag and non braindead SoC
    ----> if bigfoot and cyfm are bored as hell, sure why not

- Tabor in 2015 at $300 with that braindead SoC
    ----> not viable HW for a port, but might be fun to watch the other side take it on
    - Tabor today at $500 with that braindead SoC
    ----> a freak show not any different than anything OS4 in the past 22 years
    - Tabor today at $1500 with that braindead SoC
    ----> the stupidity of everyone involved hurts worse than a kick in the ......
  • »22.11.23 - 20:00
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > So someone not even involved makes a vague statement
    > based on wishful thinking.

They're involved in selling the Tabor/A1222, so may have an interest in pretending there's a possibility for MorphOS coming to it. For some users, the prospect of having both OS4 and MorphOS on one machine might console them for the steep price increase. It has no significantly worse price-performance ratio than Sam460LE anyway. And they will want to sell ~1000 of them, after all ;-)

> the announced price ($300)

The announced price I remember was "below 400 Euro", which translated to ~440 USD back then.
  • »22.11.23 - 21:55