i read in the readme about moving libraries to SYS

SYS what it refers to
    MOSSYS:Libs?

also I wanted to ask how do I set in "Ambient"
    other resolutions such as:
    320x256
    because I saw that not all are available

in amiga classic i used in sys:devs/monitor
    and in the tooltype I set the resolutions.
    screenmode=320x256@60
    for example

Thanks again :-)

[ Edited by white 06.06.2021 - 16:49 ]
  • »06.06.21 - 15:49
    Kronos
    Quote:

white wrote:
    I downloaded jPV demo collection (500mb) on morphos storage
    i read in the readme about moving libraries to SYS

SYS what it refers to
    MOSSYS:Libs?

Neverever touch mossys: thats for the actual OS it self to update (and it will happily replace/remove anything you place there when updating).

SYS: point the root of your boot partition and I'd assume that sys:libs was meant.

Setting a screen mode is done in settings, just head to the "Screens" section, double click the "Ambient" screen and choose a different mode.

But I doubt something as small as 320x256 would work.
  • »06.06.21 - 16:17
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    SYS means SYS:, which points to the partition you have booted your OS (usually System:/DH1: on MorphOS by default).

MOSSYS: points to SYS:MorphOS/ and it's purely for OS provided files and users should never touch anything in it (there's only one exception to it). Both SYS: and MOSSYS: have identical directory structure and users should copy/install 3rd party stuff into SYS: only. So, if you have a library to install, install it into SYS:Libs/ (just like on Amiga).

In the demopack I provided a directory called "Copy_to_SYS" and it means that everything under that directory should be copied directly into SYS:, so stuff in Copy_to_SYS/C/ should go to SYS:C/ and so on. The demopack is now quite old already, so I'd check versions of libraries before overwriting anything you might already have installed.

Ambient should never be set to other resolutions just for running some programs, keep Ambient as you want, but you should create new screenmodes into the system that programs can then use if they need them, it's unrelated to Ambient (which is the desktop program just like Workbench on Amiga).

You can create new screenmodes from System Settings (MorphOS Preferences) -> Monitors.
  • »06.06.21 - 16:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    @jPV
    @Kronos
    thanks for the tips
    yes I noticed old libraries in the demo package

perfect I will move the files to the right directories
  • »06.06.21 - 16:44