Ambient issue (not bug..but me?)
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    When I want to drag something from a window to RAM or another disk, if I accidentally move too much it will highlight the item in the list below or above depending on how I move the mouse.

Is that a setting?
  • »14.10.20 - 02:19
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Flash
    I experienced the same issue, It’s an Ambient very old bug,
    Really I don’t know why it was never fixed.

I want ask how I can add, in Ambient menus, a label with “open a new shell here”.
    I found it very useful on OS4 and hope it will be implemented in next updates.

Anyway Mos is really a great os!
  • »14.10.20 - 06:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    What do you mean? Open shell can be done from Ambient menue or by pressing "LAMIGA+N" keys.
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »14.10.20 - 07:47
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Flash
    On OS4 you can open a drawer window and with workbench contextual menus pointing inside it, you can choose something like "open a newshell here".
    Once did it a newshell will open with default path, pointing by default to the drawer window just opened.

I think this is really useful avoiding the "CD + path" command.
  • »14.10.20 - 08:00
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Ah, OK! In MOS you can open a shell generally and then drag the window-name (which is shown in every window below the toolbar) to the Shell. You will get also the path to this aktive window. This also works with drawer-icons.
    It's not like OS4, but till there is nothing better......
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »14.10.20 - 16:41
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Flash wrote:
    I want ask how I can add, in Ambient menus, a label with “open a new shell here”.

You can already open a new shell window for subdirs in Ambient with the RMB context menu. For example, open the System partition, right click the Utilities directory, and select "Open Shell...". A new shell window pops up and its current directory will be System:Utilities/.

But you can't do that for the current directory in Ambient listers by default. There are couple of ways you can add the functionality... the easiest would probably be to add the same "Open Shell..." option for files too (not just dirs) by editing Ambient filetypes.

Open the Ambient settings, go to the Mime page, edit internal/x-morphos-globalaction-file, click "Add...", and create a new action that has NewShell WINDOW="CON:200/240/640/480/Ambient Shell/CLOSE" as an AmigaDOS command. It's also important to select the "Change working directory to source" option. Here's a screenshot to make it more clear: ambient_newshell_filetype.png
    Now you can right-click any file in a directory and open the shell by that way.

And if you want a hotkey to open the shell with the path from the lister, edit the Keyboard page at the Ambient settings in a similar way. Here's a screenshot for it: ambient_newshell_hotkey.png
  • »14.10.20 - 17:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    But can you add the comand when right clicking on the empty drawer space? Right now it prompts on "Icons" but I never found a way to customize this context menu..
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »14.10.20 - 19:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Hmm - if I click with RMB on a drawer and choose "open console" then it opens a cli with the right path into this drawer.
  • »15.10.20 - 07:42
  • MorphOS Developer
    cyfm
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 schrieb:
    Hmm - if I click with RMB on a drawer and choose "open console" then it opens a cli with the right path into this drawer.

This is indeed a default MIME type action added to the context menu for directories.
    It is also possible to add more global actions for directories in the filetype editor.
    The default open console one calls the script called mossys:Ambient/scripts/openshellindir which should be pretty close to what originally has been asked for.

The only difference to the original request is that it is in the context menu of the upper level directory icon and not inside the actual directory window.
  • »15.10.20 - 08:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    What about fixing the weird select bug?
  • »16.10.20 - 02:13
    Profile Visit Website