MPlayer
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    ChatDEau
    Hi there!

Is there any plans on supporting menu for DVD Playback with MPlayer? or is there any kind of plugin on the linux side that already does it for MPlayer?

Wondering!
    Fred
  • »11.01.04 - 20:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dholm
    I added support for that over a year ago, it was just missing one feature (still image support). But as I didn't have time to finish that part and noone else seemed interested either it was never completed and the navigation code was recently removed from CVS. At the time being it doesn't seem likely we will see navigation support any time soon. MPlayer G2 has remedied the problems with still pictures that we have in MPlayer, but it is not ready for release yet and development is slow as most efforts are focused on the current MPlayer.
  • »11.01.04 - 21:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    magnetic
    WOW
    I'm sure the whole community would be greatful if you could finish this project. It would make you a MEGAHERO!

magnetic

ps what remains to be done?
    Pegasos 2 Rev 2B3 w/ Freescale 7447 "G4" @ 1ghz / 1gb Nanya Ram
    Quad Boot: MorphOS 2.7 | Amiga OS4.1 U4 | Ubuntu PPC GNU/Linux | OS X 10.4
  • »12.01.04 - 06:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    mahen
    definitely :)
    xmpp:mahen on jabber.fr
  • »12.01.04 - 10:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    dholm
    MPlayer doesn't support still images currently. It either needs a lot of rewriting in order to support it, or ugly hacks (that won't make it into CVS). Still images are usually used in DVD-menus.
    MPlayer G2 was designed to support still images as DVD menus is one of the most requested features in MPlayer. I have been looking in to porting the current G2 to MorphOS (it doesn't support DVD menus (yet), it only has the features required to support menus!) but I'm being torn between schoolwork and I never have quite enough time to fix the issues with compiling it on MorphOS. I'm hoping to have more time in the near future but I cannot make any promises at all. Another problem is that I have no idea who else might be working on this, someone might already be working on porting G2 or some other player with DVD menu support to MorphOS in which case I might be doing a lot of work in vain. I wish people would be a little more open and tell the world what projects they are working on ;). I almost started porting the latest snes9x three days ago when I noticed that someone had already done so here on the forums.
  • »12.01.04 - 14:14
    Profile Visit Website