USB MBOX 2 error
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    7:23 pm| 10-usbaudio.class: Terminal 07 with Format 'IEC1937 AC3' is not supported!
    7:23 pm| 5-usbaudio.class: Matching playback mode with 2 channel(s) and 24 bits is already occupied.
    7:23 pm| 5-usbaudio.class: Matching playback mode with 2 channel(s) and 24 bits is already occupied.

When I plug in this device it seems to pick it up.

There is however no power button that comes on. When I push for example the 48v button, that button's light comes on, but very faintly.

Any ideas?
  • »05.07.20 - 18:29
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Probably too complex for the driver - and AHI - to handle.
  • »05.07.20 - 22:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    Got a really nice surprise today.

I recently bought a Steelseries Arctis 7 headphone. I plugged in the usb dongle and it picked it up!

I changed the audio setting to use it and OWB and MPlayer works like a charm!

How do I change how a program uses which audio interface? RNO radio keeps playing via the internal speakers.
  • »14.07.20 - 18:50
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    You probably only set the "Music Unit" from the Audio settings. Some programs use the Music Unit and some programs "device units" (mostly the Unit 0). So you need to change settings for these both, or you could redirect the Music Unit to use the Unit 0, and after that you'll only need to change one setting in the future (Unit 0).

In some programs you can select which unit they use, but for some programs it's not possible. For example, MPlayer lets you select if it uses the Music Unit or a shared device unit. You can read more about how it affects and why you would like to configure it from here: https://library.morph.zone/Getting_Started#Configuring_MPlayer

And if you end up redirecting the Music Unit to Unit 0, here's how to keep the audio quality better than with the default settings:
    https://library.morph.zone/Tips_and_Tricks#Keeping_AHI_Audio_Quality_Better

Sorry for only coming back to this now, was a bit ill.

I cannot for the life of me figure how to set the device unit 0 to use another output.
    I don't know where this setting is. If I click on settings/system/audio, I just select the earphones on the left.

But where do I also set the device unit? Sorry for the dumb question, but I cannot seem to find what you are talking about. Also RNO Radio doesn't have a setting the change the output.
  • »20.07.20 - 15:42
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

MoerBoer wrote:
    I cannot for the life of me figure how to set the device unit 0 to use another output.
    I don't know where this setting is. If I click on settings/system/audio, I just select the earphones on the left.

Then you only set the Music Unit, but for Unit 0 you'll have to click the popup gadget at the end of the "Music Unit" text line, and then select a different unit to configure.

I added three new screenshots there to make it more clear:
    https://library.morph.zone/Tips_and_Tricks#Redirecting_AHI_Music_Unit

This seems to be a bit confusing many times, but when you get it, it's pretty clear. And it's a nice option if you have many audio cards / speaker setups, and want to output different things on different setups... maybe if you're controlling a professional audio system at a theatre or sports stadium, for example :P Or just doing DJing and want to hear separate audio on your earphones than your speakers etc :)

RNORadio uses Unit 0 always and that can't be changed.

[ Edited by jPV 20.07.2020 - 21:26 ]
  • »20.07.20 - 19:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    Quote:

MoerBoer wrote:

Then you only set the Music Unit, but for Unit 0 you'll have to click the popup gadget at the end of the "Music Unit" text line, and then select a different unit to configure.

I added three new screenshots there to make it more clear:
    https://library.morph.zone/Tips_and_Tricks#Redirecting_AHI_Music_Unit

This seems to be a bit confusing many times, but when you get it, it's pretty clear. And it's a nice option if you have many audio cards / speaker setups, and want to output different things on different setups... maybe if you're controlling a professional audio system at a theatre or sports stadium, for example :P

RNORadio uses Unit 0 always and that can't be changed.

AHA!

I think the theme I used just made it difficult to spot the ability to change it at the top. I changed Unit 0 and all is good now.

Thank you jPV for your patience with a newbie, much appreciated!
  • »20.07.20 - 19:26