OWB issue
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Youtube video goes blank if I click anywhere other than that window. I have a G5 2.7, I don't need those CPU cycles back/I'd like the video to keep playing while i do something else. Where's the setting? I didn't see it.

tia

[ Edited by redrumloa 04.03.2020 - 20:06 ]
  • »05.03.20 - 02:05
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    I haven't seen this kind of behaviour myself... videos continue even if I do something else. Only when I swap screen so that player wouldn't be seen in any case, it drops CPU load and probably disables the video rendering. I guess this might be a problem on dual monitor setups nowadays, but is it the case on you or does this happen even on a single monitor setup?
  • »05.03.20 - 06:13
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Also never seen that! Have you activated YT-related scripts in menue window/scripts? Maybe double/triple-buffering prefs have an influence.

But I recommand you to install YT-Url-extractor in OWB from Thomas Igracki (https://www.morphos-storage.net/index.php?page=Network%2FWeb&file=YouTube_URL_Extractor_2.1b.lha)
    This will play YT-Videos external via MPLAYER. CPU-load is much lower and you can do anything else parallel. You also may use a different screen - just let MPLAYER-Window jump on that sreen to watch and MPLAYER-window can be zoomed ;).
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »05.03.20 - 08:35
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Doffo
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    Also never seen that! Have you activated YT-related scripts in menue window/scripts? Maybe double/triple-buffering prefs have an influence.

But I recommand you to install YT-Url-extractor in OWB from Thomas Igracki (https://www.morphos-storage.net/index.php?page=Network%2FWeb&file=YouTube_URL_Extractor_2.1b.lha)
    This will play YT-Videos external via MPLAYER. CPU-load is much lower and you can do anything else parallel. You also may use a different screen - just let MPLAYER-Window jump on that sreen to watch and MPLAYER-window can be zoomed ;).

I tried to get it installed, as I want the external MPlayer to play the video, but not having any luck. Some error gets returned. I did copy it over to sys: like it said, and added a "Youtube" play context menu, but when I try to right click on a youtube video and choose the option, a CLI window comes up but nothing never actually happens. I will have to mess with it more later today.
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »05.03.20 - 16:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    You can also download Youtube videos (and videos from other sites) without any external scripts. Just open the Network Activity window (from the Windows menu in OWB or by clicking the lamps in the status bar) while the video is loading/playing in the browser window. Then select the URL that seems to load the video and copy it by right mouse button, and then paste it to URL in the browser, and then click the right mouse button over the internal media player and select "Download Media...", and voila you get the file downloaded and can play it with MPlayer or any other player then :)

This may sound complicated, but it's easy when you learn it.. and it's worth to learn, because this way you can get videos from many many sites which wouldn't work otherwise in the OWB.
  • »05.03.20 - 17:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    @Doffo:

Please check the setting part in rexx:YT.rexx :
    Theese are my settings - yours may differ!

Mayby you need no-check-certificate argument for wget (in Austria strongly needed!)

Code:

/* Additional settings by bitRocky */
    PathCURL = "c:curl" /* Full path to curl */
    /*PathSMonk = "c:os4emu c:js" /* js isn't available for MorphOS, so I use os4emu;) */*/
    PathSMonk = "c:js" /* I have just found and ported spidermonkey src to MorphOS [bitRocky]*/
    SavePath = "RAM:" /* save path when "Save" option is used */
    /*DLCmd = "c:axel -a" /* command for downloading a video incl options */*/
    /*DLOutOpt = "-o" /* option to specify a output file */*/
    DLCmd = "c:wget --no-check-certificate" /* command for downloading a video w/o options! */
    DLOutOpt = "-O" /* option to specify a output file */
    PathMP3 = "s:DumpAudioAsMP3 WAV" /* dump the audio part as mp3 */
    PWDL_MinSize = "1000K" /* PlayWhileDownloading minimum filesize (500.000 bytes) to wait before MPlayer gets started! */
    /* END of settings */

Next define your path to MPLAYER-Part in rexx:/YT.cfg :
    (This is my path to mplayer - you have to set yours!)

....Code:
    TagOrder="22 18 5 93 32" /* 720p/360p/240p / Live 360p/240p */
    PathMP="Sys:Utilities/MPlayer/MPlayer" /* Full path to MPlayer executable */
    PathFP="c:ffplay" /* Full path to FFplay executable */
    ArgsMP="-quiet -really-quiet" /* Optional parameters for mplayer */
    ArgsFP="-loglevel quiet -infbuf -skip_loop_filter all -skip_frame noref"
    /* Optional parameters for ffplay */

Then define Contextmenue in OWB:

Label Youtube save/play
    Action: rx System:rexx/YT.rexx "%l" save

At last make sure that protectionbit "s" is set at all YT-related files in rexx: and s:

Then it should work properly. In case it doesn't please post error-messages!

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 05.03.2020 - 19:09 ]
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »05.03.20 - 19:08
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @AmigaHarry,

Thanks for the detailed instructions, I'm sure they will help lots of users. Can you please explain what each part of the script lines do, so users that don't understand (like me) will know what can be changed or tweaked to meet their individual needs? Besides, I just like to know exactly what a script is doing, not just simply that it works. Thanks.

Edit: credited the post to the wrong person.

[ Edited by amigadave 06.03.2020 - 02:58 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »05.03.20 - 20:13
    Doffo
    I appreciate the detailed instructions. I will do it here in a few. I will report back. :)

@amigadave

I think you meant AmigaHarry2 :)
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »06.03.20 - 00:06
    Profile Visit Website
    Doffo
    ok, it at least opened up the script, but now it says i dont have cURL, but downloading the archive, I have no idea on how to compile anything. Not my strong side. :)
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »06.03.20 - 00:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    I haven't seen this kind of behaviour myself... videos continue even if I do something else. Only when I swap screen so that player wouldn't be seen in any case, it drops CPU load and probably disables the video rendering. I guess this might be a problem on dual monitor setups nowadays, but is it the case on you or does this happen even on a single monitor setup?

I am only using a single monitor.

Temp Youtube video
  • »06.03.20 - 00:32
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I still also use Fabien Coeurjoly's OWB YouTube Scripts specifically the YT script file, (which is actually the YouTube HTML5 Converter script), also the EZDownload and Fullscreen Fix Scripts that you can still download from his website, to access YouTube files via the right-context menu option which still works correctly - AFAIK, and is how it works for me, which is activated once you install them into OWB's Scripts folder, then you just start OWB and ... open a YouTube page, and then the video needs to be left-clicked on the play arrowhead, then you should see, when you right-click over a running video file, that's not paused, or waiting to be played, so you'll first of all see the initial You Tube context menu, then right click again, and you should see the OWB context menu with options to Pause, Mute, Control, Loop, Switch to Fullscreen, Copy Media Location, Open Media in New Window ..., Download Media, or Inspect Element. There should also be a small squarish grey background window with a few icons in it with the heading 'You Tube Download', and usually these days it has a 'Error Alert' message below that - which you can ignore. I usually download the video and play it after it's fully downloaded, though the video usually plays in OWB, but with some/limited 'juddering'.

Not sure if this is of any use, but thought I'd mention it anyway, and hopefully it will be. 8-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »06.03.20 - 06:51
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    @doffo: You need Morphos-Curl: http://aminet.net/comm/tcp/curl-morphos.lha
    (For other systems: https://curl.haxx.se/download.html)

@amigadave: This codelines are only abstracts (only user settings) from the whole scripts. For full documentation please refer to YT-archive (but theese are complex scripts, not realy easy to follow....)
    The lines I posted are only path-definitions, If your sub-programms are not at "standard" location (like Mplayer in my case).
    Some lines are deactivated - the can used alternative (like axel instead of wget) to download from URL, but in most cases wget is propper.
    I also increased buffer to 1000. (Depends to stability and speed of your internet-connection)
    Save-Path for the video in my case is set to RAM: (I have enough on my G5). On systems with only 1 GB RAM it will make more sense to set the path to your HD.

@newsense: The big benefit useing YT is much lower CPU-Load playing with Mplayer. Even on G4-Minis/Pegasos, a stuttering-free playing is possible. YT gives you a easy choise for video-resolution (if possible) and saving/playing video simultaniosly, or only saving and watching another at same time - won't miss that.
    There where some discussions in the past with Fabien about speed of videos in OWB. If I remember right, it has to do with positioning and scaling into the video-window inside OWB. This needs much CPU-action. Even in "Fullscreen"-mode some additional CPU-action is needed.

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 06.03.2020 - 09:47 ]
  • »06.03.20 - 09:33
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    @amigadave: This codelines are only abstracts (only user settings) from the whole scripts. For full documentation please refer to YT-archive (but theese are complex scripts, not realy easy to follow....)
    The lines I posted are only path-definitions, If your sub-programms are not at "standard" location (like Mplayer in my case).
    Some lines are deactivated - the can used alternative (like axel instead of wget) to download from URL, but in most cases wget is propper.
    I also increased buffer to 1000. (Depends to stability and speed of your internet-connection)
    Save-Path for the video in my case is set to RAM: (I have enough on my G5). On systems with only 1 GB RAM it will make more sense to set the path to your HD.

Thanks for the tips. I need to check this out on my PowerBook, but it will have to wait on my G5, until I can get the parts I need to recondition the LCS. I think I have trapped air bubbles in the coolant lines, and also need to replace the "O-Rings".
  • »06.03.20 - 12:03
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Oh, thats a funny work - good luck ;) Therefore I've only the "non-liquid" versions (1.8/2.0/2.3 GHz-G5. The difference in speed is'nt really remarkable.....
    YT will also work on PB pretty good. I've installed it on PB, Mini and Pegasos2.
    Only Efika has no practical solution, because of missing memory (OWB) and speed (Mplayer). Maybe something written in PPC-Assembler could solve that, but who will do it......
  • »06.03.20 - 16:01
    Doffo
    I got curl copied into C, and it does prompt me through the steps for getting the video, and Mplayer does open up, but I Get something like this:

Code:
    Playing https://r3---sn-qxoedn7k.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?expire=1583535508&ei=NIFiXtHVHYn0igSWo73gCQ&ip=71.34.204.79&id=o-AGhzofUnHoO4lYkXvhDgeh_RS1cTgTKDr-lcWWsZjorh&itag=18&source=youtube&requiressl=yes&mm=31%2C29&mn=sn-qxoedn7k%2Csn-qxo7rn7e&ms=au%2Crdu&mv=m&mvi=2&pl=17&initcwndbps=955000&vprv=1&mime=video%2Fmp4&gir=yes&clen=9668141&ratebypass=yes&dur=209.908&lmt=1577316684949715&mt=1583513799&fvip=3&fexp=23842630&c=WEB&txp=5431432&sparams=expire%2Cei%2Cip%2Cid%2Citag%2Csource%2Crequiressl%2Cvprv%2Cmime%2Cgir%2Cclen%2Cratebypass%2Cdur%2Clmt&sig=ADKhkGMwRAIgC3Vnv1ImZ74qSQCgTvaNaE4O0N2uUThnpYnAznmpLDICIBw0Iup0WgO74VAhClz8vt-96hIqUSER-t0e9nAPUIzf&lsparams=mm%2Cmn%2Cms%2Cmv%2Cmvi%2Cpl%2Cinitcwndbps&lsig=ABSNjpQwRgIhANLMuHbmADpoB2TX5XPoLBa7rcJXhs16-HICBX7BKnFmAiEAvxSapWACnL43KsZJe6-C53T55-piLJ1BZDg4Tw46gtQ%3D.
    https protocol not found, recompile FFmpeg with openssl, gnutls,
    or securetransport enabled.
    Failed to open https://r3---sn-qxoedn7k.googlevideo.com/videoplayback?expire=1583535508&ei=NIFiXtHVHYn0igSWo73gCQ&ip=71.34.204.79&id=o-AGhzofUnHoO4lYkXvhDgeh_RS1cTgTKDr-lcWWsZjorh&itag=18&source=youtube&requiressl=yes&mm=31%2C29&mn=sn-qxoedn7k%2Csn-qxo7rn7e&ms=au%2Crdu&mv=m&mvi=2&pl=17&initcwndbps=955000&vprv=1&mime=video%2Fmp4&gir=yes&clen=9668141&ratebypass=yes&dur=209.908&lmt=1577316684949715&mt=1583513799&fvip=3&fexp=23842630&c=WEB&txp=5431432&sparams=expire%2Cei%2Cip%2Cid%2Citag%2Csource%2Crequiressl%2Cvprv%2Cmime%2Cgir%2Cclen%2Cratebypass%2Cdur%2Clmt&sig=ADKhkGMwRAIgC3Vnv1ImZ74qSQCgTvaNaE4O0N2uUThnpYnAznmpLDICIBw0Iup0WgO74VAhClz8vt-96hIqUSER-t0e9nAPUIzf&lsparams=mm%2Cmn%2Cms%2Cmv%2Cmvi%2Cpl%2Cinitcwndbps&lsig=ABSNjpQwRgIhANLMuHbmADpoB2TX5XPoLBa7rcJXhs16-HICBX7BKnFmAiEAvxSapWACnL43KsZJe6-C53T55-piLJ1BZDg4Tw46gtQ%3D.

I just want it to play without it actually saving the file, so in OWB I have it set like this:
    Link has rx Sys:rexx/yt.rexx "%l" play
    Page has rx Sys:rexx/yt.rexx "%u" play

I may have that set wrong or overlooked a setting.

For what its worth, 720p videos will play just fine on this PCI expressed Based G5 as it only takes up about 40% cpu overall playing in Mplayer. I think the last time I played a 720p video on a non PCI-Express G5, it chews up about the entire CPU usage.

Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    Oh, thats a funny work - good luck ;) Therefore I've only the "non-liquid" versions (1.8/2.0/2.3 GHz-G5. The difference in speed is'nt really remarkable.....
    YT will also work on PB pretty good. I've installed it on PB, Mini and Pegasos2.
    Only Efika has no practical solution, because of missing memory (OWB) and speed (Mplayer). Maybe something written in PPC-Assembler could solve that, but who will do it......
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »06.03.20 - 17:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Seems to be the wrong version of curl and missing curl.library - you have PM!

Should have no influence, but I have'nt asked before: What version of MOS and OWB do you use?

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 07.03.2020 - 09:07 ]
  • »07.03.20 - 09:03
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    Quote:

Doffo wrote:

I just want it to play without it actually saving the file, so in OWB I have it set like this:

You should use "save play" as arguments also if you just want to play a youtube video!
    Its because our MorphOS MPlayer can't handle https urls (yet?), so the script will download the video and if a minimum
    filesize (line PWDL_MinSize="500K" in YT.cfg) is reached it will start playing the video from your harddisk with MPlayer, while continuing downloading the video.

After you quit MPlayer it will ask, if you want to delete the video.
  • »07.03.20 - 14:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

igracki wrote:
    .... if a minimum
    filesize (line PWDL_MinSize="500K" in YT.cfg) is reached it will start playing the video from your harddisk with MPlayer, while continuing downloading the video.

That is a cool solution! I like that it asks if the video should be kept or deleted after playing it.
  • »07.03.20 - 20:06
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Yeah it's cool. But all oft this (and more) features you'll find discribed in YT-documentation...........

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 07.03.2020 - 21:45 ]
  • »07.03.20 - 21:44
    Doffo
    I will try it in a bit. :)

Quote:

igracki wrote:
    Quote:

Doffo wrote:

You should use "save play" as arguments also if you just want to play a youtube video!
    Its because our MorphOS MPlayer can't handle https urls (yet?), so the script will download the video and if a minimum

-=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »07.03.20 - 22:37
    Profile Visit Website
    Doffo
    i finally got it going with some help from AmigaHarry2. I needed to get wget as well since I was missing that, but i changed the %u to a %l instead. I only used the play option as if I had it as "save play", it actually did two instances of it on 2 different mplayers

nice to be able to do 720p videos and have a low cpu usage on this Quad g5.

is it possible to have it automatically skip the prompt for the captions, and have it automatically do the 720p format without prompting it every time?

Quote:

igracki wrote:
    Quote:

Doffo wrote:

[ Edited by Doffo 07.03.2020 - 18:10 ]
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »08.03.20 - 01:07
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Set AutoPlay="1" in script rexx:YT.cfg

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 08.03.2020 - 09:40 ]
  • »08.03.20 - 09:37
    Doffo
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    Set AutoPlay="1" in script rexx:YT.cfg

[ Editiert durch Amigaharry2 08.03.2020 - 09:40 ]

I set the option to that, and now it just does this:

Auto-playing URL (MP4 1280x720)
    +++ Error 26 in line 1975: Missing or unexpected END
    +++ Error 26 in line 289: Missing or unexpected END
    Command returned 10/26: <This space intentionally left blank!>
    rx failed returncode 10
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »08.03.20 - 18:16
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Maybe that option is not active. Think only Thomas Igraki would know.....
  • »08.03.20 - 19:00
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    Quote:

Doffo wrote:

is it possible to have it automatically skip the prompt for the captions, and have it automatically do the 720p format without prompting it every time?

To skip prompt for captions, you have to set the captions to "0" in yt.cfg

Autoplaying a predefined format isn't currently supported.

I added support for AutoPlay and uploaded it to MorphOS Storage.
    It will be played while downloading like if AutoPlay is set to "0", but without requesters asking for videoformat and filename.
    Should be online tomorrow.
  • »08.03.20 - 22:46
    Profile Visit Website