New Modern Webkit-based Browser In Development
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    gmx.net loads here, albeit it needs several minutes on a 2.3GHz G5. The reason it's so slow is simple: very heavy JavaScript. Try to spoof as Safari/iOS, it appears to run a little better.

I am afraid the only way to improve this is adding JavaScript JIT. But even then, it'll still be slow.

As for OWB: Odyssey is no longer supported. Don't expect any fixes/changes there.
  • »07.09.21 - 16:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Wayfarer 2.6 is now out!

- Implemented Web Notifications and Download notifications via Magic Beacon. See the FAQ for more information
    - Added browser tab pinning (via tab context menu). Disables tab close button and hotkeys
    - Use Clipboard unit 1 for HTML paste operations like Odyssey does
    - Linked against OpenSSL 3.0
    - Fixed a WebAudio crash on bahn.de
    - Enabled Intersection Observer (fixes github.com)
    - Fixed an issue which caused some of the settings to display wrong state when opening settings for a given host directly from the menu
  • »12.09.21 - 14:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Fantastic! :-o
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »12.09.21 - 22:27
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    beworld
    Thanks again for all
    IMac G5 2.1,PowerBook G4 1.5,MacMini 1.5, PowerMac G5 2.7 died !!!
    My MOS ports
  • »13.09.21 - 05:56
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    tolkien
    You are a fucking master!
    MorphOS: PowerMac G5 - PowerBook G4 - MacMini.
    Classic: Amiga 1200/060 - A500 PiStorm
  • »13.09.21 - 11:14
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Is it possible to login to a Schibsted account with Wayfarer? What settings are needed? When I have tried that, I get after sending the password a requester asking to download some peculiar file. But if I accept or reject it, login does not happen.
  • »14.09.21 - 17:09
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    I don't even know what 'Schibsted' is. If you want me to look into an issue with some particular site that requires a login, you need to provide test credentials I can use and a description of which steps to take to reproduce the issue.
  • »14.09.21 - 17:50
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I don't seem to be able to gain access to Parcelforce UK - "https" is not recognised/rejected that includes Parcelforce Track &Trace, even https://www.parcelforce.com.

I've tried all the User agents and even though I enter the address as "https:// . . . ." it gets rejected with the message "You don't have permission to access "http://www.parcelforce.com/sending-parcel/our-prices" or "http://www.parcelforce.com/TRACK-TRACE" on this server." - so it's converting/rejecting the https - and pretending I've entered it as http - all on its own, but it could be a cookie issue also I suppose? :-?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »15.09.21 - 08:29
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @NewSense

Works perfectly OK here. As the same web address often points (via DNS) to different server endpoints, you're likely unlucky enough to be pointed towards a misconfigured server. Seen it happen before - not much I can do myself. What IP does it show you when you 'ping www.parcelforce.com' in a shell? (I'm getting 184.29.9.33)
  • »15.09.21 - 12:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - I'm getting 2.21.75.72 when I ping www.parcelforce.com which seems like a weird IP to me. :-o

[UPDATE] I re-checked trying to access parcelforce.com, and I can now actually access the website, but I still get the same strange IP, as above, when I ping it? :-?

Also, version 2.6 seems a great deal more sluggish to load and respond than v2.5, has anyone else reported that? :-?

In fact v2.6 is so slow, I've dropped back to version 2.5 as that at least works reasonably fast, and stable, and unlike v2.6 doesn't take an absolute age to load-up, and then take a further long while for it to load up each and every page.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »15.09.21 - 18:29
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

I re-checked trying to access parcelforce.com, and I can now actually access the website, but I still get the same strange IP, as above, when I ping it?

I'd imagine someone else noticed and the server got fixed.

Quote:

version 2.6 seems a great deal more sluggish to load and respond than v2.5

Yours would be the only report like that I've seen so far. I do see a potential issue with notifications, though. Disable them and see if it's any better.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 16.09.2021 - 15:41 ]
  • »16.09.21 - 12:18
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - With version 2.6 being a problem after I initially installed it, I deleted the entire Curl again since I installed it, and after the second "flush" it seems to be running a lot better/faster now, much more like v2.5 - so I'm OK with it now, so it's all good now. 8-D

However, I don't see any notifications in Magic Beacon - am I supposed to? It's just a blank space on the Screenbar, with the only text I see in it is when I adjust any of its Settings via the main Screenbar Settings menu option to view all the many Screenbars' Settings and Guido Mersmann's About info "ticks" through the text window. :-?

I changed the MagicBeacon v1.13 settings to how you showed they should look in the screengrab AFAIK:

Description ............................. | Notifictn Type|Cfg|-Action-|Command|
    Wayfarer Web Notification | WEBNOTIFY ... | - - | Bubble | %m
    Wayfarer DOWNLOAD .........| DOWNLOAD ... | - - | Bubble | %m

Hopefully I did that correctly? 8-)

[UPDATE 7-Nov-2021] - I forgot to check the "Show Magic Beacon notifications when downloads complete or fail" - DUH !! Having said that I never noticed there was a check box where it is until I went through all the Settings options the other day. :-? Anyway, it's working as it should do now.
  • »16.09.21 - 17:34
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    It's just a blank space on the Screenbar, with the only text I see in it is when I adjust any of its Settings via the main Screenbar Settings menu option to view all the many Screenbars' Settings and Guido Mersmann's About info "ticks" through the text window.:-?

Sure the about information is scrolling through, while in screenbar settings, as it would be stupid to setup a font, trigger an notification to see it, return to settings change it again and so on. It is a setup for the look and nothing more. Therefore a text is constantly scrolling to visualize the current setup.

I suggest to read the very detailed guide files included, as they provide plenty of information on how to use MagicBeacon.

[ Edited by geit 17.09.2021 - 03:20 ]
  • »17.09.21 - 01:19
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ geit - you're spot on/correct - I should read the guide file - it's on my to do list now. 8-D
  • »17.09.21 - 02:45
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    emeck
    Quote:

Primax wrote:
    Thanks emeck.

By the way: This also applies to OWB!
    I accidently accessed this website: https://github.com/AmigaPorts/ACE

Maybe in fact a font problem...?

github's page is working again for me. Have you tried it?
    PowerBook 5.8 MorphOS 3.18
    Mac Mini MorphOS 3.18
  • »17.09.21 - 09:24
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    To limit the dreaded "cookie invasion" of online - COOKIE - choices I wanted to access the site to opt out of some of the cookies that I don't want, but the link to Your AD Choices will not trigger with a click on the page link and even if it is opened with a middle-click or right click to open in a background tab once the page is triggered offers nothing more than a blank page. I have tried various User Agents, but with no success. :-(

Can this issue be addressed/fixed? :-?
  • »17.09.21 - 19:22
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    NewSense,

disable the AdBlocker for this site.
  • »19.09.21 - 00:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - thanks for the insight - so that did the trick, so you need to turn off the ad-blocker to be able to access the website of Advert HQ to be able to turn off the ads you get pestered with, maybe I should have realised that? :-? ;-)
  • »19.09.21 - 07:09
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Ideally, this would show an error page. I'll look into this.

Meanwhile, 2.6 appears to be suffering from memory trashing. The issue has been identified (3rd party lib) and 2.7 is on track to be released in 1-2 days. Install 2.5 if you're experiencing issues.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 19.09.2021 - 20:09 ]
  • »19.09.21 - 18:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - I had noticed some memory/RAM loss - in the Wayfarer using realm, though there's always time for a . . . what did I mean to say . . . moment, haha. 8-D

Oh, and while I think about it, I have noticed that when I hover over a listing's image(s) on eBay, when I do so the image does not magnify automatically, I have to click on the image for it to open the image, or list of photos, which it used to show the initial image magnified when I hovered over it, a few versions earlier, but that seems to have been re-worked by eBay, so it doesn't function currently as eBay intend it to with Wayfarer v2.6

. . . and . . . the right mouse click over an eBay message list that used to allow you to open messages in another/new tab - directly from the right click, has now reverted back to "Select All" - probably an oversight, as this browser is getting more and more complicated with each version revision, so it must be difficult to remember to keep all your changes inline with previous versions in the parts where they worked as you wanted them to. 8-)
  • »19.09.21 - 20:57
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Wayfarer 2.7 is now out!

- Worked around random crashes that may have been observed in 2.6
    - Significantly improved performance of various threading checks across WebKit
    - Worked around an issue in objc runtime that caused Wayfarer to stall during download notifications. Do note that notifications must be reconfigured in Magic Beacon as some keywords have changed.
    - Improved handling of websites that constatly request http auth credentials instead of caching the state
  • »20.09.21 - 18:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I've just initiated a return on eBay for an item that had been incorrectly sent, so I went to print out/download the return label, but all I get is a white square with nothing in it, and text underneath indicating it needs to be taken to a local Royal Mail Post Office, but I cannot print out a blank label, so I tried to download/save the label, which generated . . . Aww, yes you guessed . . . a blank PDF with the same text underneath.

The Wayfarer downloads page actually showed an error - with the file was shown as a sequence of alphanumeric characters "9x05478f-7bgh-3j89-3567-3k2s8v445171" (well something like that) with the Download location shown as the same set of alphanumeric characters, even though the file was supposed to be "Saved As"which wasn't allowed/ effected, the file size was 133kb, but the download size was 0kb, and with the comment to the right of the download - URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL.

When I loaded my Windows system, and loaded the same return page on eBay, it generated a PDF viewer in the "white square" with the label displayed in it, and I was able to download the return label as a PDF, using Firefox, so this seems to be something that needs addressing in Wayfarer v2.7.
  • »23.09.21 - 00:09
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

When I loaded my Windows system, and loaded the same return page on eBay, it generated a PDF viewer in the "white square"

That's called a PDF plugin. I have no intention of adding this to Wayfarer.

No idea why the download has failed - you could try checking with Snoopium if it even tried to write anything to disk. Since I have no ebay purchases to return I cannot really investigate this myself.
  • »23.09.21 - 12:47
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: That's called a PDF plugin. I have no intention of adding this to Wayfarer.

It seemed to be integral to the eBay site, as though they had implemented its purposes directly, as I hadn't installed any plugin or add-on into Firefox for that specific purpose, and it didn't look like any usual add-on/plugin I've seen for Firefox if that's what you meant - so I don't know if that makes any difference?

I did later that day get an email from eBay with an attachment - the PDF label attached to it, and it's not like I can't "fire-up" my Windows system to do what was needed. I just don't like Windows, and if I can avoid it I prefer not to switch it on, but on occasions I suppose there is little alternative.

I seem to remember getting a download option like this before that wasn't handled as Firefox handled it, and generated the URL using bad/illegal format or missing URL on that occasion as well.

I've rebooted my system in the meantime, so I can't do a check using Snoopium for this issue now, but I'll try to remember for any future next occasion that this issue arises.

I did do a few screengrabs of the PDF viewer that was used by eBay, but I don't suppose that's very (at all) helpful.
  • »24.09.21 - 02:29
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    It seemed to be integral to the eBay site, as though they had implemented its purposes directly, as I hadn't installed any plugin or add-on into Firefox for that specific purpose, and it didn't look like any usual add-on/plugin I've seen for Firefox if that's what you meant - so I don't know if that makes any difference?

Every single (semi-)major web browser is able to display PDF files nowadays. They do not accomplish this by using external plug-ins (Acrobat PDF, etc). Instead, they utilize Javascript-based PDF viewers that use the underlying web browser engine for everything.
    (Edit: Apparently, the Javascript/web engine part only applies to Firefox. Chrome uses C++-based pdfium, for instance.)

Here is some information about the PDF viewer included with Firefox: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDF.js

In order to stay compatible with older web browsers and runtime environments aimed at embedded use, web developers can also directly embed solutions such as "pdf.js" into their websites or applications.

It would be interesting to know if Ebay merely drop the PDF content inside the "src" tag of an iframe. One would think that this should trigger a file download on browsers without PDF viewing abilities. Perhaps it fails in this specific case if the PDF is base64 encoded inside the src URL and does not point to an actual file but this is just a guess.

Quote:

I did do a few screengrabs of the PDF viewer that was used by eBay, but I don't suppose that's very (at all) helpful.

It might help to figure out whether a custom solution or the standard "pdf.js" script was used that is included with Firefox.

That said, setting up a bogus auction on Ebay for "nothing" and have it run for a day could provide an opportunity to set up a chance for testing the "return an item" functionality.
  • »24.09.21 - 08:37