New Modern Webkit-based Browser In Development
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Cool_amigaN
    YT video plays fine here since day one, though I confirm 360p only available under safari/ipad spoofing (even after reloading the page). Not that I complain though, I am more than happy with its performance :)

However, there's something that still bugs me: can't you scroll a webpage left/right with left/right arrow keys (if it exceeds the visible width of Wayfarer's window)? I can scroll up/down (with up/down arrows) but not at any side. On OWB this seems to be working. Or it just happen only to me?

Btw, any news regarding dark mode to be enable as option?

Also, some times I get WkWebView.curlThread 100% CPU. But w/o any visible reason. I don't know if there is a log I can capture while this is happening. I mean, Wayfarer doesn't crash, so there is nothing to report, I just have to close the browser completely. Closing any affected tab doesn't do any trick, so I am forced for a complete quit/reload.
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »05.05.21 - 20:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    @jacadcaps:
    Found the reason: Hard to believe - but it was an old version of "Ultragelb" Screenshot-sbar. Seems that I've forgot to update it on this PB. Never thought that it could have such a crazy influence to Wayfarer.....
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »05.05.21 - 21:36
    Cego
    Are there any plans to integrate an JS JIT compiler?
    The old OWB JIT runs pretty fine on a 1GHz G4. Dont know how much sense it makes to optimize for such a CPU though...
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »05.05.21 - 21:45
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote: [... Im not sure, but I think that this issue does'nt occur with Wayfarer 1.12. Unfortunately I have no V1.12 anymore to test....

This is one of my points about version after v1.12 - none of them play video as well as the v1.12 release on my MacMini, so (to me at least) it does seem that later versions than v1.12 have lost something of their useability since that release.

@ Amigaharry2: I still have an archive of v1.12 if you need it to test it, though I feel sure jacadcaps has a copy of the archive as well. ;-)

Though from your comment: Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote: Found the reason: Hard to believe - but it was an old version of "Ultragelb" Screenshot-sbar.

It seems you have Wayfarer v1.16 working OK now, is that correct? Have you tried to run a video on formula1.com on your systems?

I'd just like to know other users "mileage" for that site, as I can't get a video to play with a version later than v1.12. :-(

When a video sequence on formula1.com loads just the circular loading arrow displays, but if you swap to another tab and then return back to that tab then the controls are displayed and the initial first video thumbnail is displayed, but that is repeated for every moment time-point of the video sequence - the thumbnail shows as 0:00 at every point on the video sequence timeline, so something is not allowing the video to display. The video data seems to be being downloaded, but it just doesn't get displayed on screen, no matter what settings I opt for.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »05.05.21 - 23:16
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    I solved the problem now and V1.16 playes videos as it should. The reason was not Wayfarer.
    At moment I see no reason to downgrade. I mostly use G5 or G4 (1.67GHz) which have enough power to see YT "stutter-free" with astonishing low CPU-load - even on PEG2!. So I'm a bit surprised, that it does'nt do well on a Mini with a 1.4 GHz G4!
    I also cannot really confirm that V1.12 was quicker - ok, I've no V1.12 left to compare now and maybe I don't remember right.....
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »05.05.21 - 23:32
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    It's really weird that the Screenshot screenbar by "Ultragelb" was causing this issue, but it doesn't improve my viewing videos on formula1.com with v1.16, as only v1.12 allows videos to play on formula1.com with my MacMini G4 1.5GHz. :-(
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »05.05.21 - 23:46
    Cego
    formula1.com videoplayer won't be loaded on my setup. Wayfarer 1.16 and Peg2 1GHz. I get a blank area with the background pattern.
    Pegasos II G4 @1.0GHz, 1GB DDR Ram, Radeon 9200Pro, 240GB SSD+160GB HD, MorphOS 3.18, AmigaOS4.1 FE, Debian 8
  • »05.05.21 - 23:55
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Cego wrote:
    Are there any plans to integrate an JS JIT compiler?

Not for the time being.

@Amigaharry2:
    No idea why that'd cause such an effect, really.

@NewSense:
    I'm still not testing formula1.com
  • »06.05.21 - 00:02
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Cego wrote: formula1.com videoplayer won't be loaded on my setup. Wayfarer 1.16 and Peg2 1GHz. I get a blank area with the background pattern.

Thanks Cego for at least trying out

However, did you ... Quote:

[... swap to another tab and then return back to that tab then the controls are displayed and the initial first video thumbnail is displayed, but that is repeated for every moment time-point of the video sequence - the thumbnail shows as 0:00 at every point on the video sequence timeline ...]

Do you see the data being downloaded (activity on your network) for the video you triggered?

Quote:

jacadcaps wrote - I'm still not testing formula1.com

I'm aware of that, it's just why does v1.12 get the video to play and yet the later versions don't allow it to play? It's just so you know how it reacts for me, and there does seem to be reason for optimism . . . when you get a moment to check further into other sites and Wayfarer's capabilities/further development. 8-)
  • »06.05.21 - 00:06
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    why does v1.12 get the video to play and yet the later versions don't allow it to play?

Wait, what? Isn't that the version you wrote about in those words:

Quote:

Initially I got a side-by-side video, a sort of Picture-In-Picture display, of the video squashed into the frame as though 2 versions of the video were running parallel to one another in sync/same time-frame, but with no audio. So, I reloaded the page and then got audio and video, though there was some stuttering (MacMini 1.5GHz) but more tweaking of the "Deblocking filter" allows better, more fluid/continuous - no/less stuttering, video/audio.

However, on that page there is a second video of an interview of the driver, and it seems that once the first video/audio has been triggered it does not load up the audio or video for the second video without a complete reload of the page.

That's an interesting definition of 'works better than in later versions'.
  • »06.05.21 - 21:12
    Profile Visit Website
    Cego
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:

However, did you ...

Do you see the data being downloaded (activity on your network) for the video you triggered?

Here's a screenshot:

https://ibb.co/tPnDM76

Looks the same no matter what spoofing option i use.
    How can i see, if a download is happening or not? I remember there was a network activity window on OWB, but could not find it in Wayfarer.
    Changing Tabs back and forth has no effect at all.
  • »06.05.21 - 21:21
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Wayfarer 1.17 is now out.

- Media playback settings are now per-host
    - Removed the media playback popup requester mode
    - Various improvements in the player pipeline, including improved HLS

[ Edited by jacadcaps 06.05.2021 - 22:27 ]
  • »06.05.21 - 21:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Cego wrote:
    Looks the same no matter what spoofing option i use.

That website only plays media if MediaSource is enabled.

Quote:

How can i see, if a download is happening or not? I remember there was a network activity window on OWB, but could not find it in Wayfarer.

Use the Network.sbar.

Quote:

Changing Tabs back and forth has no effect at all.

No reason why it should.
  • »06.05.21 - 21:29
    Profile Visit Website
    ernsteiswuerfel
    With new 1.17 national television playback works for me (klick). Wow, I am really impressed! :-o Few weeks ago I only got some pixel garbage there but now it's smooth playback on my PowerBook without hogging the cpu too much. I did not expect this to change so fast! Thanks for your hard work Jaca!

Wayfarer crashed after some time (but continued to play the stream) and I got the occasion to send a bugreport with this excellent inbuilt bugreport tool. ;-)
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »06.05.21 - 22:55
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Zetec-s
    Amazing!!!

Just downloaded 1.17 onto my MacMini, purely as it popped up as available when I went to use YouTube and its blown me away.

Not only is YouTube at 720p possible on the MacMini (silent upgrade) but BBC iPlayer is working perfectly.

I always knew that Jacadcaps and the team would get there but never thought it would be so soon. Simply brilliant.
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5Ghz/2GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    Powerbook 1.67Ghz/1.5GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    MacMini 1.5Ghz/1GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    Efika 5200B 400Mhz/128MB MorphOS 2.3 Registered
  • »06.05.21 - 23:41
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    vulture
    Oh man, another release, another great improvement! Thx man!
  • »07.05.21 - 00:00
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    ORF-TV-streams works now- WOW!

Only thing I notice: Useing W F several times, loading- and closing-time increases immediately.....
    Clearing Cache helps a bit, but then we loose FavIcons and personal settings for different Websites (automatic login, etc.)
  • »07.05.21 - 08:03
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    However, there's something that still bugs me: can't you scroll a webpage left/right with left/right arrow keys

Added for 1.18.

Quote:

Btw, any news regarding dark mode to be enable as option?

I'll take another look soon. I've tried quickly enabling the option in WebCore, but it didn't build for some reason and I had no time to investigate more.

Edit: I did take another look. No chances for that for the time being - too much work.

Quote:

Also, some times I get WkWebView.curlThread 100% CPU. But w/o any visible reason.

Interesting. Once this has happened, please run ScoutNG, go to Tasks Tree, find Wayfarer and the curl Thread and press Dump Stack a couple of times. Then save the log using Logtool and email it to me. Thanks!

[ Edited by jacadcaps 07.05.2021 - 17:36 ]
  • »07.05.21 - 14:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • K-L
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    K-L
    Many thanks ! 720p is now available again on m.youtube.com (Safari/iPad).

BTW, did you notice that memory is not freed after having played one or several videos?
    PowerMac G5 2,7 Ghz / Radeon 9650 / MorphOS 3.15
    AmigaOne X1000 (unused ATM)
  • »07.05.21 - 18:45
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

NewSense wrote: why does v1.12 get the video to play and yet the later versions don't allow it to play?

Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: Wait, what? Isn't that the version you wrote about in these words:

Quote:

NewSense wrote: Initially I got a side-by-side video, a sort of Picture-In-Picture display, of the video squashed into the frame as though 2 versions of the video were running parallel to one another in sync/same time-frame, but with no audio. So, I reloaded the page and then got audio and video, though there was some stuttering (MacMini 1.5GHz) but more tweaking of the "Deblocking filter" allows better, more fluid/continuous - no/less stuttering, video/audio. However, on that page there is a second video of an interview of the driver, and it seems that once the first video/audio has been triggered it does not load up the audio or video for the second video without a complete reload of the page.

Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: That's an interesting definition of 'works better than in later versions'.

You've got to remember my comments were soon after v1.12's initial release, and after further "tweaking" I got some better performance out of it . . . and . . . a video actually played (which with v1.13 - v1.16 it doesn't) on formula1.com.

That said . . . it seems that you've now got more features and more improvements along with other additions in v1.17 that with the HVC codec and Media Source playback I can now get the videos to run quite well on formula1.com, and from what others have said they too have noticed significant improvements with media/video capabilities, so kudos to you and the others involved in making this release such an improvement - big thanks. 8-)
  • »08.05.21 - 04:55
    Cool_amigaN
    @jacadcaps

Thanks, I 've sent you a mail with the log.

One last question, is it possible to manually add/black list a domain/website to the internal adblock?
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »08.05.21 - 22:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • IKE
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    IKE
    Very impressive jadacaps! Another PayPal donation inbound!
    IKE

MacMini G4 1.5Ghz/PowerBook G4 1.67Ghz/PowerMac G5 2.0Ghz DP 7,2 Radeon 9650/256MB