New Modern Webkit-based Browser In Development
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    How did you capture the video? What sort of equipment did you use? What would it extra be needed to capture the audio as well?

I've used a USB HDMI capture card. There's no audio cause the mini has a DVI port (meaning no digital audio). You'd need to capture the audio separately (I couldn't be bothered).
  • »07.03.21 - 14:11
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    720p playback on a mini

The 2.3GHz G5 appears to be fast enough to play Ironic in 1080p.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 07.03.2021 - 23:10 ]
  • »07.03.21 - 22:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Zetec-s
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    720p playback on a mini

Brilliant news.

I could see the fan on my MacMini coming on and drowning out YT at 720p with that consistent load on the processor but the news about 1080p on a G5 is brilliant.

Can’t wait until this is ready for release and I can play with it.
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5Ghz/2GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    Powerbook 1.67Ghz/1.5GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    MacMini 1.5Ghz/1GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    Efika 5200B 400Mhz/128MB MorphOS 2.3 Registered
  • »07.03.21 - 23:49
  • MorphOS Developer
    zukow
    PowerPC 970MP 2.3Ghz, not a bit slower FX version :)
  • »07.03.21 - 23:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

zukow wrote:
    PowerPC 970MP 2.3Ghz, not a bit slower FX version :)

I'm not sure if "MP vs fx" does make a difference when it comes to pure CPU calculated video stream decompression (and I'd be delighted to check it out myself). Anyway - that's great to hear! It seems jaca found a way of optimization after all - great work, man!
  • »08.03.21 - 06:31
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Crumb
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    720p playback on a mini

That's truly great :-)
  • »08.03.21 - 09:08
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Spihunter
    I'm going to have to start looking for a free G5. I'm sure one of my friends has to have one in the closet somewhere.
    17" Powerbook. MorphOS registered
    Hear my music here: Gordon Gallant
    And here: Kattalax
  • »08.03.21 - 13:47
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    ThePlayer
    Wow! That is awsome. Didn't expected that this is possible with a G5 or 720p with the Mini.

[ Editiert durch ThePlayer 08.03.2021 - 21:20 ]
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 running UWQHD Resolution
  • »08.03.21 - 21:20
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Very impressive work! You never cease to amaze me.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »09.03.21 - 16:54
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I agree, this is great progress for video, and I am suitably impressed, as usual.

That said, there are still issues with some of the right-click menus not working, specifically on some ebay messages pages (right click) no menu option (display message in new tab, etc.) are not shown at all.

I also wanted to use the BBC (British Broadcasting Co.) "Have Your Say", a type of right to reply page, but some of the confirmation (checkmark/tick box) links, i.e. Age, Terms Of Service, ID whether it can/not be published, to allow a comment to be added don't show up and so this page cannot be used currently with Wayfarer.

My local council authority have updated their site and to report an issue for their attention often requires that Wayfarer is using the "User Agent" Chrome, as Safari or Safari/iPad does not seem to allow some of the fields to be displayed correctly/trigger.

I cannot access my PayPal account with Wayfarer, as I do not own a mobile phone and PayPal have not implemented home telephone use with the PSD2 mechanism they have adopted. So, my PayPal account is inacessible with Wayfarer - not Wayfarer's fault as such, but with browsers on other OS's, such as Windows using Firefox, or Edge when I load up the PayPal page I do not get the reCAPTCHA option on some occasions, and I rarely get offered the 4 digit code (PSD2) option to input via the telephone (which PayPal have failed to implement anyway), so I can access the account sometimes, but this can be sporadic currently, but these PSD2/reCAPTCHA options are rarely avoided when using Wayfarer, it's more often they get generated each and every time I try to login.

The same with the "Sounds" webpage on the BBC site, I still just get the CPU running at 100% and the activity loading indicator initially starts rotating, but then either offers the message, "Try again", which is a waste of time, or it just continues to over-work the CPU until you close the window, as clicking on a link seems ineffective, as though the JavaScript has just run amok/gone out of control. So I cannot listen to any music/current news on any BBC station, even the "BBC World Service".

With Wayfarer you still cannot upload an image to an ebay member as part of a message, such as if an item is damaged, etc., as you get a "Server error" message in where the image thumbnail would be, but the message in this square indicates the image is not going to be loaded. I have to use OWB, but once I've uploaded it with OWB, and I go back to the message page where the image is now shown I cannot view it with OWB, as clicking on the link generates a 'nested' ebay message page, with the image still only as part of the message, the same sized message with the thumbnail still as part of the message. Indicating the thumbnail is not triggered to display the image just to generate another 'nested' repeat of the message with the image thumbnail in it, and this continues as many times as you click on the link, and have sufficient RAM to keep displaying the reduced page/link I suppose.

In order to then view the image on an ebay message I then have to load Wayfarer to view the message list so I can see the image, as OWB seems to be past it's "Use-By-Date" on ebay in this regard, along with other issues. So I have to use OWB to send the image, and then I have to use Wayfarer to view the message with the sent image.

Having made these shortcomings of Wayfarer known, I should add that I am very impressed with what it can do already at this comparatively early stage of development, but I would obviously like to see these issues addressed/fixed. ;-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »13.03.21 - 02:09
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Zetec-s
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    The same with the "Sounds" webpage on the BBC site, I still just get the CPU running at 100% and the activity loading indicator initially starts rotating, but then either offers the message, "Try again", which is a waste of time, or it just continues to over-work the CPU until you close the window, as clicking on a link seems ineffective, as though the JavaScript has just run amok/gone out of control. So I cannot listen to any music/current news on any BBC station, even the "BBC World Service".

I know that BBC Sounds doesn't appear to work but there are other ways to access the BBC radio stations.

For example try; https://www.radio-uk.co.uk/

I am listening to the BBC World Service right now through that site whilst typing this on my G5 on Wayfarer.
    PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5Ghz/2GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    Powerbook 1.67Ghz/1.5GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    MacMini 1.5Ghz/1GB MorphOS 3.18 Registered
    Efika 5200B 400Mhz/128MB MorphOS 2.3 Registered
  • »14.03.21 - 09:25
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Zetec-s wrote: I know that BBC Sounds doesn't appear to work but there are other ways to access the BBC radio stations.

For example try; website - https://www.radio-uk.co.uk

I am listening to the BBC World Service right now through that site whilst typing this on my G5 on Wayfarer.

OK, thanks for the link, but it was specifically the BBC site that I wanted to get working as that would affect using BBC iPlayer - for TV, documentaries, Films, Comedy, etc., that I wanted to be able to use/watch/listen to, once video is enabled, but if the Sounds section does not allow audio to be handled correctly, I suspect it will also impact/prevent audio with the iPlayer, once that option is possible with Wayfarer?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »14.03.21 - 21:53
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    iPlayer uses Widevine DRM and as such will not work in Wayfarer. BBC Radio uses MPEG-Dash which requires Media Source support. That might work in the next version, but no promises.

Correction: Sounds works for me.

[ Edited by jacadcaps 15.03.2021 - 13:55 ]
  • »15.03.21 - 13:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - OK, understood, and thanks for making that obvious that iPlayer working on MorphOS is beyond the scope of implementation within any realistic capabilities of Wayfarer.

Would the videos on the BBC News and BBC Sport webpages be possible to replay as they don't seem to have any DRM restrictions?

Would the Formula 1 motor racing website be affected/limited/restricted by DRM media playback for their basic videos linked on the webpages (I am not referring to their F1 TV paid online viewing service, as from what you've stated they will no doubt have DRM restrictions it cannot be made realistically capable of handling) or will they be within the scope/capabilities of Wayfarer?
  • »15.03.21 - 16:40
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Maybe? :) Getting Media Source to work is a much bigger and meaner task than I initially thought.
  • »15.03.21 - 18:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - You've done really well so far, and I'm sure you'll manage it, as I have great confidence in what you do, and what you are capable of, just keep at it . . . . I'm sure you'll crack the vagaries of it all soon. 8-D
  • »15.03.21 - 19:40
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    BBC and F1 should work once I overcome the current issues.

Hit a wall last week and had no other choice than to update from ffmpeg2 to ffmpeg4. Unfortunately the decoding API was changed significantly between the two, so I am still dealing with the fallout. ffmpeg2 was really unstable with chunked media though, so this will be for the best.

Seeking is now working in Media Source streams and quite well too, considering how complex it is compared to just seeking within a single file. Since I'm now internally dealing with key frames, I was also able to adjust the video frameskip code to jump between keyframes when catching up to audio (when there's a big enough delta between the two).

The current ETA for the release is by the end of May.
  • »22.03.21 - 14:06
    Profile Visit Website
    ernsteiswuerfel
    @jacadcaps
    Thanks for your enthusiasm and for your news-update!

BTW got it on #gentoo-powerpc IRC that the PPC Void Linux guy got webkit-gtk dev and will upstream his PPC patches in time. Hopefully this will lighten MorphOS webkit-gtk maintanance too, at least a bit?
    Talos II. [Gentoo Linux] | PMac G5 11,2. PMac G4 3,6. PBook G4 5,8. [MorphOS 3.18 / Gentoo Linux] | Vampire V4 SA [ApolloOS / Amiga OS 3.2.2]
  • »22.03.21 - 14:55
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Void has had PPC patches for quite a while now and I am both using their work and have contributed to their patches myself. It does look like the CLoop fix finally got accepted into WebKit though, which is nice.
  • »22.03.21 - 15:27
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    The MorphOS betatesters got their hands on the initial video playback enabled Wayfarer today. Works continues - gotta add fullscreen support now.
  • »30.03.21 - 02:52
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - Wow ! That's impressive, and probably ahead of schedule anyway?

Worthy of praise, and a donation I think 8-D, which I hope you are able to share a little with any others involved in this work?
  • »30.03.21 - 04:57
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MoerBoer
    Exciting times! Keep up the brilliant work jacadcaps!
  • »30.03.21 - 07:15
    Cool_amigaN
    Jaca, do you happen to have any good dark theme css file? Or do you know whether to found one? So it can be used on Settings/Default CSS. Vivaldi has a dark mode which I suppose it uses some css to force invert the colors on websites. It isn't perfect but it's good enough for regular usage. However idk how to locate and/or extract it (if its a css file after all).
    Would be cool if - for example - there was an option for Wayfer to check the system clock and after a specific time (set by the user), to change at dark theme. I have loaded some css dark themes but everything I found seems half baked :/
    Amiga gaming Tribute: Watch, rate, comment :)
  • »03.04.21 - 22:46
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    I'm not sure you need an actual CSS file... There's a configuration switch in WebKit that enables dark mode support. I've toggled it locally now and will see if I can make this work...
  • »04.04.21 - 15:54
    Profile Visit Website