New Modern Webkit-based Browser In Development
  • Just looking around
    @NewSense - for FF you can use Vimium C extension, which gives you power to reach anything with keyboard easily.

I know this isn't relevant to Wayfarer but you mentioned FF so there is solution to that one.
  • »30.03.23 - 13:03
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @DayWalker

I'm sure one could easily add this as a Wayfarer user script, too.
  • »30.03.23 - 15:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ DayWalker - thanks for suggesting Vimium web-browser keyboard extension for Firefox, but as it sadly doesn't work with Wayfarer (as yet? ;-)) we can't use this functionality on Wayfarer, though it would be a nice feature enhancement if it did in the near future or some other script was written to allow this functionailty.

It was probably somekind of early version of Vimium web-browser keyboard extension that was incorporated in Firefox's Tools/Settings that I came across that I found quite useful, that has since been removed but that had similar functionality incorporated in it, that this extension now has and can be used with numerous browsers, sadly not Wayfarer as yet. :-(

@ jacadcaps - do you mean Vimium web-browser keyboard extension could be added to Wayfarer by way of a script? :-?
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »01.04.23 - 05:39
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Added? No. Adapted? Quite possibly.
  • »02.04.23 - 00:14
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Wayfarer 5.1 is now out.

- Fixed a MediaSource player crash if the incoming chunk has a higher # of streams than the current chunk
    - Download As asl's path can now be stored separately from the standard download path
    - Avoid redraws when WebKit calls a scroll function despite offsets not changing
    - Improved tab key navigation
    - Hotkey tweaks
  • »13.04.23 - 14:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Stevo
    \o/
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »13.04.23 - 22:31
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    Thank you Jacad for updateing Wayfarer and Iris - als allways: brilliant work!
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »14.04.23 - 09:27
  • Just looking around
    Quote:

Amigaharry2 wrote:
    Thank you Jacad for updateing Wayfarer and Iris - als allways: brilliant work!

Seconded... It's impressive how far Wayfarer has come in terms of improved features and performance in such a short time! Thank you!
  • »14.04.23 - 13:40
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote: - Download As asl's path can now be stored separately from the standard download path
    What would be even better IMHO would be for Wayfarer to remember where it was 'pointed' to download a file into a specific directory the last time a download was initiated using the 'Download linked file as' actually 'to' as that is often where you have to keep redirecting the ASL requester, by choosing from the 'Directory History' the 2nd option from that ASL option, in effect Wayfarer is by-passing, not utilising, the underlying MorphOS 'Intuition' capabilities to do the 'heavy lifting' it seems to me.

OWB-Odyssey uses this Intuition ASL capability very well, and I just wish it was incorporated in Wayfarer. 8-)

Having a separate 'set this path as default' option usually doesn't send the file to where you want to keep it in every circumstance, but having Intuition 'catch'/'remember' the likely place on a second 'Download linked file as' would save many such circumstances of otherwise having to use the 'Directory History' option to re-direct the file to where you actually want it to be saved. Well it certainly would for me. 8-D

I can obviously live with the small amount of effort required to download the file where I really want it to be saved, but it is certainly a 'niggle'. ;-)

Having said that 5.1 seems to be working very well, so thanks a lot, to you and others for all your efforts who have made this version as good as it is. :-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »15.04.23 - 03:19
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @NewSense

ASL is actually part of MUI these days and has never been a part of inuition. Did you find the Back hotkey, btw? :)

@All

I was made aware of github.com being very slow with Wayfarer. A fix has just entered testing.
  • »15.05.23 - 01:53
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - Well I didn't have sufficient intuition or information there to realise about ASL not being derived as part of Intuition, so thanks for correcting my thinking on that score. ;-)

So why does the ASL requster that pops-up when saving a file in Wayfarer not allow the Command (Amiga)+N (New Folder) or any of the other Command (Amiga) + 'keys' (Delete, Rename, Parent, etc.) to generate the action it does with OWB (Odyssey), even though you can use the menu/mouse to choose one of those options by highlighting one? :-?
  • »15.05.23 - 02:41
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ jacadcaps - I hadn't noticed the Back/Forward key options you have now implemented, that I requested quite some time ago - THANKS. I had not expected to find them in their very own separate 'History' menu option, though I didn't notice them mentioned in the newly added features to Wayfarer when v5.1 was released, or did I just 'blink' :-o and overlook that information in the release notes?

Also, thanks for looking into Wayfarer's HTTP2 error handling currently being too strict, and I look forward to a 'tweaked' version to fix this annoying issue, once you've recovered from all your efforts in getting the v3.18 release out to us all. For which I offer my usual gratitude to you, and everyone else who's associated with the MorphOS Development Team, involved in making it happen - many thanks to you, one and all. 8-D
  • »15.05.23 - 03:10
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Wayfarer 5.2 is now available! This version fixes high CPU load with github.com, updates easylist adblock data and introduces a user script to remove some youtube gradients.

To illustrate: when you pause video on YT, you'd normally get

but with the script installed you'll see

To install the user script, open User Scripts from the Debug menu. Hit Import and load the Scripts/yt-no-gradients.json file from Wayfarer's directory. Select the script, make sure Enabled is checked (it'll be off by default) and hit Apply. Reload YT. Profit.

As a reminder, always extract the whole wayfarer archive over the existing installation so that you don't miss any new files. This Wayfarer build will NOT run on MorphOS 3.17 or older.
  • »16.05.23 - 02:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Wayfarer 5.3 is now available.

- Fixed file:/// handling to resolve issues with relative file schema URIs
    - Added a workaround for a NetStack bug in MorphOS 3.14-3.18 that potentially trashes memory via bogus errno pointer
    - Updated cURL and sqlite
  • »17.05.23 - 20:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps

Remove Youtube Suggestions coming to Wayfarer

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-CA/firefox/addon/remove-youtube-s-suggestions/
  • »23.05.23 - 18:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    oh, Wow!
    Peg2, 3xPowerMac G5, 2xPowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T and life is never boring.....
  • »23.05.23 - 19:24
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I transferred over to using Wayfarer v5.3 after I installed MorphOS v3.18. All seemed to be OK with Wayfarer, but today I was using it, and found that first of all the cookies where I had saved my profile were now not working, and I had to log back in, but the one for the BBC kept saying "something had gone wrong/wasn't working right, try again later". When I tried to log in to my webmail it accepted the username and password, and stated I had successfully logged in, but then dropped back to the same login screen, even though the page shown in the URL field indicated it should be the inbox page? :-?

Anyone else having such issues?

I dropped back to Wayfarer v5.1 and it is all working as it should be, even the BBC - showed me logged in, and my webmail service allowed me to login without any issue!

[UPDATE] I have since relaunched Wayfarer v5.3, and it has allowed me to access my webmail page and the BBC login mechanism worked OK, but I find that when I returned to M-Zone I was logged out again, and had to login again, which with previous versions of Wayfarer I have not had to do, once I had initially logged in due to the version being new.
  • »23.05.23 - 22:52
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Primax
    I guess this is not (only) Wayfarer related...

If I log in with Firefox under Windows, then it seems that I am not logged in if I access https://morph.zone/news/

Only if I access a forum thread, then I can see: I am logged in.

So this is something due to the strange behaviour of the website itself.
    AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon X1650 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition / MorphOS 3.17
    Amiga1200 / Blizzard 1230 IV PiStorm32-lite / 128 MB RAM / AmigaOS 3.9
  • »24.05.23 - 04:23
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    @ Primax - Normally if I am logged in and saved to be logged in when I access the website then it shows me with my avatar, etc., but on these occasions I have mentioned I was not shown logged in, so my avatar and other aspects of my account did not get shown. I rarely use Windows or any other platform/OS if I can help it, so I am specifically referring to MorphOS, but I can check, if you need me to, to see how I'm shown via Windows-Firefox. Having said that, via my Android tablet when I use Opera when I access M-Zone I normally then get shown with my profile/avatar, as I usually do with MorphOS-Wayfarer & OWB. 8-D

It could just be a 'cookie thing' and it has rectified itself for now, as it is all working as usual currently. 8-)
  • »24.05.23 - 05:40
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Primax wrote:
    I guess this is not (only) Wayfarer related...

If I log in with Firefox under Windows, then it seems that I am not logged in if I access https://morph.zone/news/

Only if I access a forum thread, then I can see: I am logged in.

So this is something due to the strange behaviour of the website itself.

I think it might be something cache related too, because I've been able to get it in the logged in state if I've reloaded the page. At least on Wayfarer...
  • »24.05.23 - 07:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    @NewSense

It's possible that your cookies db is damaged. Ideally delete the whole Cache folder in Wayfarer directory and try again. I have no problem logging to mzone at least.
  • »24.05.23 - 13:20
    Profile Visit Website
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    waldiamiga
    Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:

Remove Youtube Suggestions coming to Wayfarer

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-CA/firefox/addon/remove-youtube-s-suggestions/

Jacek listens to the genre of melodic death metal? :)

MorphOS.pl
    PowerBook G4 1.67GHz|2GB DDR2|ATI Radeon 9700M 128MB|SSD 80GB|TFT 17"|MorphOS 3.1x
    Core i7 Notebook|WinUAE 3.x/AmigaOS4.1x & Icaros Desktop 2.x & QEmu 6.x.x
  • »24.05.23 - 15:31
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Wayfarer 5.4 is now available for download!

@waldi

Sure :)
  • »31.05.23 - 18:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Amigaharry2
    When printing more then one page on a paper/pdf, please refer to same counting of sites as VPDF or any other application does.

eg: 4 A4-pages are to print. Choice is only printing page 1 and 2 on one A4-sheet. When choosing now first page 2 pages to print, Wayfarer prints 4 pages, because it counts now the 2 pages on one paper-side as 1 page.
    No other application does this.
  • »01.06.23 - 10:36
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps

Nowhere ready for a release yet, but it's coming.
  • »22.06.23 - 20:38
    Profile Visit Website