Mplayer V.1.3.0
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Mozzerfan
    Posts: 55 from 2016/10/5
    From: Leiden, The Ne...
    Hi all,

    Does Mplayer v.1.3.0 from morphos-storage.net use altivec? Because it works on my macmini and ibook, but it crashes on my sam460.
  • »25.10.19 - 09:11
    Profile
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Posts: 10649 from 2003/5/22
    From: Germany
    > Does Mplayer v.1.3.0 from morphos-storage.net use altivec? Because
    > it works on my macmini and ibook, but it crashes on my sam460.

    MorphOS builds of MPlayer should have AltiVec runtime detection, at least Fab's older builds had. If this fails for some reason, you might try with the -noaltivec option.
  • »25.10.19 - 09:25
    Profile
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Mozzerfan
    Posts: 55 from 2016/10/5
    From: Leiden, The Ne...
    Quote:

    Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    MorphOS builds of MPlayer should have AltiVec runtime detection, at least Fab's older builds had. If this fails for some reason, you might try with the -noaltivec option.


    Thanks Andreas. I just tried with the -noaltivec option. It still crashes.
  • »25.10.19 - 09:37
    Profile
  • MorphOS Developer
    cyfm
    Posts: 388 from 2003/4/11
    From: Germany
    It sounds like the build still has some issue with non Altivec systems. This actually is some beta version I've been working on last year which did not get tested properly on non-Altivec MorphOS systems like Sam460/Efika&X5000, unfortunately.
  • »25.10.19 - 10:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Mozzerfan
    Posts: 55 from 2016/10/5
    From: Leiden, The Ne...
    Quote:

    cyfm wrote:
    It sounds like the build still has some issue with non Altivec systems. This actually is some beta version I've been working on last year which did not get tested properly on non-Altivec MorphOS systems like Sam460/Efika&X5000, unfortunately.




    OK. Thank you for clearing that up. I hope that a version that also runs on non-altivec systems will appear in the future.
  • »25.10.19 - 10:09
    Profile
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Amigaharry2
    Posts: 608 from 2010/1/6
    From: EU-Austria (Wien)
    Last runnig version on CPUs without ALTIVEC is MPlayer V1.0 (18.4.2013).
    If you can't find it -> PM. I have that one on my Efika.
    1xPeg2, PowerMac G5, PowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T, A3000D and life is never boring.....
  • »25.10.19 - 17:32
    Profile
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Mozzerfan
    Posts: 55 from 2016/10/5
    From: Leiden, The Ne...
    Quote:

    Amigaharry2 wrote:
    Last runnig version on CPUs without ALTIVEC is MPlayer V1.0 (18.4.2013).
    If you can't find it -> PM. I have that one on my Efika.


    Thanks, but I checked the version I'm running on my sam460.
    It's version 1.1
    I think I got it from Fabs' site.



    [ Edited by Mozzerfan 25.10.2019 - 20:05 ]
  • »25.10.19 - 18:02
    Profile
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Amigaharry2
    Posts: 608 from 2010/1/6
    From: EU-Austria (Wien)
    Interessting! V1.1 won't work on Efika....(I've no SAM).
    1xPeg2, PowerMac G5, PowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T, A3000D and life is never boring.....
  • »25.10.19 - 21:59
    Profile