OWB v1.25/JIT - some ebay pages don't react to mouse events
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote: Running Webkit from the second half of 2019 ....

I take it you mean 2020, as the 2nd half of 2019 is now historic? I'm only mentioning it so that it can be corrected, if applicable, not just to be 'finding fault for the sake of it'.

Also, Parcel2Go's website has now advanced to the next step of JavaScript, so OWB doesn't work with it anymore to arrange a courier.

As a result, I'm currently having to use my Window's system, which really I try to avoid using as it annoys me that MorphOS's OWB can't do what it needs to.

So, until Jacadcaps manages to overcome the issues, that I'm sure he'll find with updating MorphOS's version of OWB when he gets to focus working on it, the current version of OWB is going to be gathering more and more 'digital' dust at least as far as I use it less and less.

I did find that I can get access to PayPal as long as I 'spoof' as Internet Explorer 11 and as long as I've accessed it while the JavaScript core hasn't been used much, as the 'memory leak' we all know about seems to affect the accessibility of JavaScript in some circumstances, whether some of the code is not getting released to be utilised on other pages I don't know, but something seems to affect it so this happens more often when the total RAM is running out/low.

[ Edited by NewSense 11.02.2020 - 06:44 ]
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »11.02.20 - 06:31
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    Britelite
    Quote:

I take it you mean 2020, as the 2nd half of 2019 is now historic? I'm only mentioning it so that it can be corrected, if applicable, not just to be 'finding fault for the sake of it'.

I'm quite confident he means 2nd half of 2019, as there's currently no way to run something from the future ;)
  • »11.02.20 - 08:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Hope the new WebKit browser becomes available soon, as eBay has become inaccessible now, the reCAPTCHA demon has been tweaked and re-implemented and made their site unuseable from a buyer's or seller's perspective as you cannot now sign in with OWB AFAIK. :-(

Yes I deleted cookies, and re-started OWB, but it just won't access the site to sign in, nice to view, no use to have an account for the purposes of OWB currently, unless someone has a way to get around the reCAPTCHA issue? :-?

Good News !! 8-D - Actually you can get through the reCAPTCHA dialogue, if you try to sign/log in using OWB as the browser, it then generates an older version of the reCAPTCHA window with clickable boxes that activate the checkmarks, when they are clicked correctly a text dialogue box opens below and you have to cut/paste the text (which is valid for 2 minutes) from within that window into a blank text window just below that one, and then I clicked on the "If you're having difficulties with the rendering of images on the above verification page, eBay suggests using the latest version of your browser, or an alternate browser listed in  here and once that was done I chose the link to access the sign in page, and it allowed me to, so there's hope still for OWB, but probably not much longer before it doesn't work as effectively as it used to. 8-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »22.06.20 - 22:18
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Well, as far as OWB is concerned I think PayPal is now inaccessible as the reCAPTCHA security barrier is now in place.

So, the sooner Wayfarer is completed, as far as MorphOS users will probably be concerned, it cannot be completed soon enough. Unless someone knows a way to get past this, but spoofing as iPad, or any of the other spoofing options don't work it seems. Safari 10.0.3 allows you to get to the image checkmark phase, but won't allow you to verify the details, which is the same wth many sites. OWB is just shown as unsupported.

[EDIT] I forgot to mention, as no-one else at this stage has added to my comments on the PayPal security implementation of reCAPTCHA, that I commented on above, that after you have gained access to that level of security that PayPal have added an additional level of security, that of typing in a series of characters/numbers that are generated by a random security feature, so you have to get past that 2nd level of security that PayPal have implemented, that is on top of (after) you have completed the 1st level of security - the reCAPTCHA feature security barrier.

I cannot login to Parcel2Go or access some features on the Royal Mail website, due to reCAPTCHA, with OWB anymore either, and loading certain elements of some pages that require heavy (probably in reality unnecessary, other than to prevent older browsers from accessing some sites) use of JavaScript, such as some news sites such as BBC.co.uk pages that offer updated figures on regional COVID-19 infections/deaths where the website paralyzes OWB so that a full reboot is required. I have also had that paralyzing effect on trying to access automated PayPal payments, and probably other sites as well, which I'll try to add here if that is of any benefit to test those sites to ensure OWBs replacement "Wayfarer" can handle such JavaScript features?
  • »14.08.20 - 00:59