Paladin of the Pegasos
Posts: 1461 from 2003/2/24
Weird... it sounds like some compatibility issue, but if it does it on those two cards which both should be supported...
And CD is most likely booted correctly at least from that alt-menu, but you could try once more from the Open Firmware prompt too:
1) Boot into OF by pressing command-alt-o-f key combination
2) Check if you can see the contents of the CD by typing: dir cd:,\
3) Type this to boot the CD: boot cd:,\\:tbxi
When it goes to the white screen, does CD keep loading still something, do you hear access sound for a while after that?
One option is to try to boot into MorphOS boot menu:
1) In OF prompt type: boot cd:,\mac_ppc64\boot.img bm
2) If you don't see the menu after a while, try hitting the v key to swap screen resolution between native and something lower, or space to swap between possible multiple monitors if that could do some trick
You've basically done already everything you should to be able to boot the machine, so I guess it's just random things we can suggest and hope the best.
Have you tried to connect your monitor to other DVI port on your gfx card? Or tried with another monitor?[ Edited by jPV 19.07.2018 - 16:32 ]