Q:Powerbook US powersupplies
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    After reading Epsilons blog about MorphOS 3.10 on a PowerBook, I gained interest in buying one myself.
    I already have a MacMini 1.5Ghz, so preferably I'd like this to be an upgrade, so I primary look for 1.67Mhz models. And I think a 15" will suit me better than a 17". So this does narrow down my options. On ebay I find one in france and one in US. The US one does have A11382GB ram, and a bit cheaper than the french seller.

Then to my question, are the US apply powersupply adaptors universal for 110V to 24V, or will I have to get a separate charger if I buy from US?

Other advise on buying a MorphOS laptop would be welcome as well.
  • »01.05.18 - 09:32
    Kronos
    Mine states "110-240V" and I see no reason why they should have sold something different in the US.

Evenmore as the one PB I bought with it's box came with a whole assortment of cables and adaptors including one for US power outlets.

If the US seller is unable to provide an European cable (Norway seems to use the same Schucko-variant as Germany) you'd have these options:

- cut the cord and install a new plug (warning if you clueless you might kill yourself, burn down your house or cause WW3)

- use a 2 prong "euro" plug that is part of any Apple PSU delivered with iPhones, iPads,MacBooks

- use a 2 prong cable as found on some TVs, stereo racks etc

- buy an replacement PSU (make sure it's 65W, the 45W types won't be able to charge the battery while the PB is running)
  • »01.05.18 - 10:46
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    amyren
    Thanks for the reply, that good news.

I did all the electrics myself in my new house some years back. It havent burnt down yet, so hopefully I will manage this plug without causing WW3 :)
  • »01.05.18 - 13:03
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

amyren wrote:
    Thanks for the reply, that good news.

I did all the electrics myself in my new house some years back. It havent burnt down yet, so hopefully I will manage this plug without causing WW3 :)

You can find the EU plug quite cheap. Just type "Apple EU plug" on eBay. I once ordered four US-type power adapters (without plugs) and converted them effortlessly.
  • »01.05.18 - 13:36