Cloanto sues Hyperion
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > someone bought ExecSG, as announced by the ExecSG developer(s). Perhaps
    > I need to research the quotes regarding the sale more carefully

I must have missed both the announcement and the quotes.
  • »11.10.19 - 17:44
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > someone bought ExecSG, as announced by the ExecSG developer(s). Perhaps
    > I need to research the quotes regarding the sale more carefully

I must have missed both the announcement and the quotes.

Quote:

The Exec SG kernal is under development! Now the exclusive property of A-EON Technologies Ltd., the Exec SG kernal is being extended and tested by a team of well-qualified developers.

Source October 21, 2019

Quote:

A-EON Technology Ltd does not own ExecSG. Period!

Source March 16, 2019

I suppose "Now" is the key word here?

• »22.10.19 - 13:46
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

number6 wrote:

I suppose "Now" is the key word here?

A_W often ignores the forest for the trees. Everyone looking at the situation objectively KNEW A-Eonkit owned ExecSG. All the signs were there. Finally getting confirmation should surprise no one.

Unless you are a American Football fan, you may not get the reference. This reminds me of 2006 when Nick Saban was the coach of the Miami Dolphins (pro team). There were rumors he was going to quit after the season and go coach Alabama (college team). He did interviews and was asked about this, and he kept denying it. He even infamously looked at the camera and said straight up "I WILL NOT BE ALABAMA'S COACH".

Season ended, he immediately quit and was immediately hired by Alabama.

It reminds me of this situation here. The South Florida media was just reporting what Saban's words were, ignoring anything outside or any obvious facts. Outside of the South Florida media market, things were different. I happened to be living in Alabama at the time. The local Alabama media was assuring their viewers that Saban would indeed sign, it was a done deal, he just had to lie to the South Florida media for the time being.

I knew for a fact Saban was leaving. I knew for a fact A-Eonkit owned ExecSG. Water is wet, obvious is obvious.

[ Edited by redrumloa 22.10.2019 - 10:08 ]
  • »22.10.19 - 15:07
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    "ExecSG_AEon is the next version of the ExecSG_Hyperion, it's a total rewrite of the kernel. It's brand new from the ground up, rewritten for the Tabor hardware. And it's bloody fast. It's currently in beta testing at 20 external sites, and it's just about ready to go – in three more weeks. The components are ready, we just have to plug them together and go."

- Trevor Dickinson, the new Bill McEwen

I don't know what made me laugh harder, Trev finally being outed as a bullshitter or all the bullshit claims in what it will do next, like 64-bit support, multicore, and 100% compatibility. And a free unicorn with every copy.
  • »22.10.19 - 17:56
    Stevo
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    "ExecSG_AEon is the next version of the ExecSG_Hyperion, it's a total rewrite of the kernel. It's brand new from the ground up, rewritten for the Tabor hardware. And it's bloody fast. It's currently in beta testing at 20 external sites, and it's just about ready to go – in three more weeks. The components are ready, we just have to plug them together and go."

- Trevor Dickinson, the new Bill McEwen

I don't know what made me laugh harder, Trev finally being outed as a bullshitter or all the bullshit claims in what it will do next, like 64-bit support, multicore, and 100% compatibility. And a free unicorn with every copy.

You forgot to mention the ultratrapping and emulation of fpu code, making it actually faster in most cases!!!!11
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »22.10.19 - 18:03
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >>>> someone bought ExecSG, as announced by the ExecSG developer(s). Perhaps
    >>>> I need to research the quotes regarding the sale more carefully

>>> I must have missed both the announcement and the quotes.

>> Source October 21, 2019 [...]
    >> I suppose "Now" is the key word here?

> A_W often ignores the forest for the trees.

Wrong as you often are. There simply were no announcements to ignore, or can you link to one? And what "the quotes regarding the sale" of ExecSG actually said is linked to in the comment you just replied to.

> Everyone looking at the situation objectively KNEW A-Eonkit owned ExecSG.

Wrong again. Most onlookers have deemed it plausible that Trevor Dickinson had not lied (when he claimed A-Eon didn't own ExecSG) but instead had purchased ExecSG as an individual. But who knows, maybe this is even what happened and he only "now" (touted as the supposed key word in the comment you just quoted) resold ExecSG to A-Eon? Or maybe the actual sale by the Friedens simply happened after he made his claim (note that he said "does not own", not "won't ever own")? I hope he will clarify his March 2019 statement and how long "now" reaches back.

> [...] reporting what [...]'s words were, ignoring [...] any obvious facts.

My reporting of Trevor Dickinson claiming A-Eon didn't own ExecSG was true and will remain true forever. I never reported A-Eon didn't own ExecSG. See the difference?

> I knew for a fact A-Eonkit owned ExecSG.

So you claim that Trevor Dickinson lied back in March?
  • »22.10.19 - 18:14
    KennyR
    Matthew Leaman has categorically denied that A-Eon has acquired ExecSG.

https://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=43473&forum=14#828022

So someone is lying here, or Solie is playing his best trolling game.
  • »22.10.19 - 20:19
  • rob
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    rob
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    Matthew Leaman has categorically denied that A-Eon has acquired ExecSG.

https://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=43473&forum=14#828022

So someone is lying here, or Solie is playing his best trolling game.

It's possible that the truth could be somewhere in between. i.e. The Frieden brothers still own ExecSG but A-EON are funding development in exchange for exclusives publishing rights for future updates.
  • »22.10.19 - 22:50
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Dunno about the spelling issues, but this is curious...
    > claim of inaccuracy made by Managing Director of A-EON Technology Ltd.

Speaking of spelling issues, I hope it's not a case of A-Eon Technologies having acquired ExecSG while A-Eon Technology does not ;-)

or one has control of the "kernal", and the other the "kernel". heh. Fortunately chicken is in control of "colonel".

Problem is, everyone is in transit to the show or unavailable to clarify atm. But I'm sure we'll get some info later.

• »22.10.19 - 23:18
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

But I'm sure we'll get some info later.

I'm not sure about that at all...
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »23.10.19 - 08:27
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> I hope it's not a case of A-Eon Technologies having
    >> acquired ExecSG while A-Eon Technology does not ;-)

> Oh wow! Fist fight between Trevor and Matt now?

Unlikely, unless it was one of them who worded the AmiWest blog article and managed to get their own company name wrong.
  • »23.10.19 - 14:33
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

Unlikely, unless it was one of them who worded the AmiWest blog article and managed to get their own company name wrong.

an explanation

• »23.10.19 - 20:44
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    @thread

Additional interesting history starting at about 11:00 (uploaded last night)

Devcon Day 1

• »24.10.19 - 13:16
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:

My comment was mostly in jest, I probably should have put a wink emoji in there.

That said, in this Kommunity, it wouldn't be all that surprising.
  • »24.10.19 - 13:48
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Source and 24. October 23, 2019 Exec SG updates CORRECTION!

So the ones who "ignored the forest for the trees" and assumed that Trevor Dickinson purchased ExecSG as an individual were right, as it seems :-)

Touche I suppose :-)

But I think you missed the bigger point. Most of us looking at this see the distinction between A-Eonkit owning the IP, or Trevor personally, as semantics. The bigger point was that the Wonder Twins sold off their IP, despite the poorly worded vague denials to the contrary.
  • »24.10.19 - 13:56