Youtube full screen still not working after enabling latest
  • Just looking around
    Desktop-Dynamite
    Posts: 12 from 2015/10/5
    From: Malta
    Hi,

    I have recently installed Morphos v3.9 on the iBook G4, A1134 which does have the ATI 9550 Radeon [32MB], 1,42Mhz with 1.5gb RAM.

    I have also tried to install Chrysalic pack but that made system unstable and thus deinstalled it.

    Also when installing Grunch to check for software updates, system will crash frequently, de installed Grunch as well.

    Now my current issue is with youtube struggling to play 360p or higher in both windowed and full screen mode, where I doubled checked OWB where I have the latest version 1.24, albeit the about website homepage shows v1.23 [ is that a mistake ?]

    As per title of this post I have also enabled the latest script.

    Am I limited according to the GPU specs ? [4x AGP and 32Mb]?

    Should I forget about Youtube playback on this iBook via OWB and perhaps guide me to watch them on Mplayer instead?

    Is there anyone with the same iBook G4 specs as mine that could shed some light and perhaps post a video link showing youtube videos playing smoothly?

    I have googled and watched several videos on Youtube trying to ask in comments section in order to obtain which iBook spec is being used.

    Is there any other tweak to do?

    Also what plugins must be enabled, and what is the correct setting of "spoof as" ?

    Thanks in advance.
  • »11.12.17 - 06:38
    Profile
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Amigaharry2
    Posts: 508 from 2010/1/6
    From: EU-Austria (Wien)
    I have the same problems under OWB. Better use Mplayer.
    Read this (german) thread til end to install and use Mplayer instead - works fine with much less system-load:
    https://www.morphos-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5086
    1xPeg2, PowerMac G5, PowerbookG4, 2x MacMiniG4, Efika (again), A3000T, A3000D and life is never boring.....
  • »11.12.17 - 12:28
    Profile
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    BatteMan
    Posts: 199 from 2003/2/24
    From: Vesoul | France
    You can also watch video directly in OWB. You have to click on the lamps (down right of OWB) when you are on a page with a Youtube video, copy the url of the video (generally begins with https://s3, s2 or something like this) and paste this url in the tab, or a new tab, and TADAAA !

    --
    /me likes this trick very much ! ^^
    Webmaster of http://www.annuaire-amiga.org
  • »11.12.17 - 13:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jPV
    Posts: 1321 from 2003/2/24
    From: po-RNO
    Quote:

    Desktop-Dynamite wrote:
    Now my current issue is with youtube struggling to play 360p or higher in both windowed and full screen mode, where I doubled checked OWB where I have the latest version 1.24, albeit the about website homepage shows v1.23 [ is that a mistake ?]

    Hmm.. it tells 1.24 for me everywhere as far as I can see now...


    Quote:

    As per title of this post I have also enabled the latest script.

    You could also try to remove the fullscreen fix script completely first and add it again then. I think I once had old short list of "Allowed Sites" and newer script added more of them.


    Quote:

    Am I limited according to the GPU specs ? [4x AGP and 32Mb]?

    No, not for 360p at least.


    Quote:

    Is there anyone with the same iBook G4 specs as mine that could shed some light and perhaps post a video link showing youtube videos playing smoothly?

    I have the exactly same model, and well.. here's a quick video to prove that it can play YouTube videos with the built-in player (assuming you can view YT videos smoothly on some other machine) :)
    https://youtu.be/O-BadE1lq5o


    Quote:

    Is there any other tweak to do?

    All I can advice is to double check these:
    http://library.morph.zone/Tips_and_Tricks#Problems_with_YouTube_Videos
    And don't click the fullscreen button before the actual video plays! If you click it too early (when the round thing is spinning), it breaks the fullscreen fix and you have to reload the page.

    Quote:

    Also what plugins must be enabled, and what is the correct setting of "spoof as" ?

    No plugins should be enabled, and no YouTube converter scripts, just the fullscreen fix script. And don't spoof anything (use the default).

    [ Edited by jPV 11.12.2017 - 18:48 ]
  • »11.12.17 - 16:39
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    jPV
    Posts: 1321 from 2003/2/24
    From: po-RNO
    Quote:

    BatteMan wrote:
    You can also watch video directly in OWB. You have to click on the lamps (down right of OWB) when you are on a page with a Youtube video, copy the url of the video (generally begins with https://s3, s2 or something like this) and paste this url in the tab, or a new tab, and TADAAA !

    --
    /me likes this trick very much ! ^^


    That's a good trick indeed! I use it regularly about with any video site which doesn't seem to work otherwise. Never thought to try it with YouTube though :)
  • »11.12.17 - 17:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Just looking around
    Desktop-Dynamite
    Posts: 12 from 2015/10/5
    From: Malta
    Thanks for the replies!

    I just checked this thread now as I did not get notified for all replies..

    Have just watched your YouTube video jPV and commented as well, many thanks.

    Will double-check my settings and let you know.
  • »11.12.17 - 22:42
    Profile
  • Just looking around
    Desktop-Dynamite
    Posts: 12 from 2015/10/5
    From: Malta
    Quote:

    BatteMan wrote:
    You can also watch video directly in OWB. You have to click on the lamps (down right of OWB) when you are on a page with a Youtube video, copy the url of the video (generally begins with https://s3, s2 or something like this) and paste this url in the tab, or a new tab, and TADAAA !

    --
    /me likes this trick very much ! ^^



    The above trick worked fine! Thanks :)
  • »12.12.17 - 08:45
    Profile
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    beworld
    Posts: 165 from 2010/2/10
    From: FRANCE
    Work here Fullscreen in HD720 video

    Thanks BatteMan for your trick
    PowerMac 2.7ghz MOS 3.9
    PowerBook 1.5Ghz MOS 3.9
    My MOS ports
  • »12.12.17 - 19:41
    Profile Visit Website