X1000 and A1222
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > [...] assuming that Polaris support will be released before or together with Tabor.

https://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=8282

Interestingly, the X1000 doesn't support GCN4/Polaris cards (needs CFE update for this).

"The CFE source code/development was done prior to us getting involved. We are working to obtain the source code so we can update it for modern graphics cards."
    https://amigaworld.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=8282#99967

I am a little concerned about future support for any OS on the X1000, but can't blame Trevor much, as he did suggest to me that I wait for the X5000, before, or at the time I ordered my X1000. I think that support for AmigaOS4.1FE and any later versions, is questionable on any hardware, considering the current state of affairs at Hyperion, and the continuing (mis)management of the development by the primary stock holder's past, present, and likely to continue future decisions.

I don't expect to ever see MorphOS running on the X1000, but that doesn't stop me from hoping that one or two MorphOS Dev. Team members port 3.11, or some future version to the X1000 (perhaps as a bounty???), in the future.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »26.10.18 - 03:46
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> the X1000 doesn't support GCN4/Polaris cards (needs CFE update for this).

> I am a little concerned about future support for any OS
    > on the X1000 [...]. I think that support for AmigaOS4.1FE
    > and any later versions, is questionable on any hardware

Just to note that what I reported has nothing to do with any OS but is apparently a compatibility issue between board firmware and graphics cards. A-Eon seems willing to eliminate the issue by updating the firmware as soon as it is able to get hold of the source code. What I find strange though (and did so already 2 years ago when I reported first about it) is that a hardware company doesn't have the source code to the firmware for its own board.
  • »26.10.18 - 13:31