SMBFS and SMB3
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    In latest macOS Apple removed SMB2 and now there is only SMB3. Could I use SMBFS (SMB-Handler) for connect to disk shared by macOS Sierra?
  • »29.08.17 - 19:36
    Profile Visit Website
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    I have already forced SMB2 on macOS Sierra but I still can't connect (SMBMounter) to my MacBook.
    Error - unable to connect to hostname: "//192.168.1.114/"
    or
    Error - unable to connect to hostname: "//macbookpro"

SMBMounter works correctly because I can connect to WD MyCloud (it is a NAS which shares files through SMB).
  • »29.08.17 - 22:28
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    I think on FreeNAS I enabled SMB3 and I couldnt mount it under MorphOS. Currently its set at SMB2.
  • »30.08.17 - 00:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • MDW
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    MDW
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    I think on FreeNAS I enabled SMB3 and I couldnt mount it under MorphOS. Currently its set at SMB2.

You are right. SMB3 probably is supported by MorphOS version of SMBFS. I found in SMBMounter.guide this information:

Finally, the current AmigaOS version of SMBFS has trouble connecting to Windows Vista, 7 and MacOS X 10.8+ shares, resulting in file corruption issues, in which case there's not really a lot that can be done I'm afraid. These systems use a newer version of the SMB protocol than the AmigaOS build of SMBFS supports. Some people have reported various hacks and registry tweaks which enabled Samba from the Windows side to work the "old" way, but I haven't attempted this myself. The MorphOS port of SMBFS works fine with the new version of the SMB protocol used by these systems.

I am able to coonnect to the Mac from another Mac and I have access to its Public and other shared folders. So the SMB on this Mac works good.
    I have acccess to folders on my NAS (WD MyCloud 2TB). So SMB on MorphOS works good.

So... I don't know why I can't connect to shared folder on my Mac's disc from my MorphOS machine. Does anyone have any idea what else I could do?
  • »30.08.17 - 08:04
    Profile Visit Website