Printing Message from YAM
  • Just looking around
    I finally got YAM2.9 to work by changing my login to the full <username@server address>.
    It no longer complains about the server rejecting me and causing an error.

The only problem is that YAM seems to freeze when I try to print out a message. The only way I can get round this is to save the message (in ram: say) and then use a word processor to load the message and print from there. (Simplemail does not have that problem.)

Has anyone else encountered this problem? RD
  • »01.06.17 - 07:21
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Jeckel
    I have this printing issue when using a printer which requires "print text as graphics" option (from Printer prefs). Using a printer with a real text mode I don't have this issue.
  • »01.06.17 - 08:27
  • Just looking around
    Thanks for the suggestion. I never thought of that possibility. It would explain the strange behaviour.

RD

Quote:

Jeckel wrote:
    I have this printing issue when using a printer which requires "print text as graphics" option (from Printer prefs). Using a printer with a real text mode I don't have this issue.
  • »01.06.17 - 09:43
  • Just looking around
    I tried turning off " print text as graphics" but it seems to make no dfference. YAM still freezes when I ask it to print a message. RD

Quote:

Robdel wrote:
    Thanks for the suggestion. I never thought of that possibility. It would explain the strange behaviour.

RD

Quote:

Jeckel wrote:

• »01.06.17 - 09:53
  • Just looking around
    I found the secret for getting Yam to print a message. The following is I hope a useful tip.

Leave print text as graphics without change. Instead go into .config of Yam with an editor and alter the line
    for print check from Y to N. that seems to do the trick. Do not forget to save your .config..
    RD

Quote:

Jeckel wrote:
  • »03.06.17 - 02:41