MUIA_Window_TopEdge special values
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    ncafferkey
    Hi,

Recent MUI_Window autodocs include a new special value for MUIA_Window_TopEdge: MUIV_Window_TopEdge_Bottom. However, its meaning isn't explained. Does anyone here know?

I also have a query about MUIV_Window_TopEdge_Delta (although not strictly MorphOS related). With MUI 3.8 on 68k, I can't get it to work at all, even though it's in the 68k includes and autodocs.
  • »04.05.17 - 17:23
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    r-tea
    Quote:

ncafferkey wrote:
    Hi,

Recent MUI_Window autodocs include a new special value for MUIA_Window_TopEdge: MUIV_Window_TopEdge_Bottom. However, its meaning isn't explained. Does anyone here know?

As I was allways keen on MUI I did a search through internet and the only thing I found is a definition from AROS MUI sources:
    Code:
    #define MUIV_Window_TopEdge_Bottom(n) (-1000-(n))

BTW, this keyword isn't recognized while compilin on MorphOS 3.9 with recent MOS SDK.

Quote:

ncafferkey wrote:
    I also have a query about MUIV_Window_TopEdge_Delta (although not strictly MorphOS related). With MUI 3.8 on 68k, I can't get it to work at all, even though it's in the 68k includes and autodocs.

Same here on MorphOS 3.9.
    For example,
    Code:
    MUIV_Window_TopEdge_Delta(30)

should open the window 30 pixels away from the screen's title bar.
    Compiler (ec) recognizes the keyword and compiles the source, but the program's window appears in the most top of screen and covers the screen's title bar.
    Mac mini G4@1,5GHz silent upgrade + Xerox Phaser 3140 + EPSON Perfection 1240U
    Commodore C64C + 2 x 1541II + Datasette + SD-Box

I miss draggable screens... and do you? I know I'm in a minority unfortunately.
  • »04.05.17 - 18:08
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    I'm afraid this special value isn't actually implemented - hence the lack of documentation.
  • »04.05.17 - 23:44
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    ncafferkey
    Thanks to both of you.

Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    I'm afraid this special value isn't actually implemented - hence the lack of documentation.

OK, thanks. Does this go for Delta as well or just Bottom?
  • »06.05.17 - 05:20
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Delta does not seem to be implemented either.
  • »06.05.17 - 23:17
    Profile Visit Website