X800XT dual display
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Quote:

Kronos wrote:
    @Jim

Sure it works, my current setup on the G4 is a 22" Apple ADC on the 9000 and a FullHD on the Voodoo.

OK, Kronos, but that's two gfx cards, not one. When I hooked up one Cinema Display to ADC output and the second one to DVI (through Apple A1006 DVI->ADC adapter) output of my gfx card MorphOS initialised only one display - the ADC one.
  • »26.04.17 - 09:07
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

koszer wrote:
    Quote:

Kronos wrote:
    @Jim

Sure it works, my current setup on the G4 is a 22" Apple ADC on the 9000 and a FullHD on the Voodoo.

OK, Kronos, but that's two gfx cards, not one. When I hooked up one Cinema Display to ADC output and the second one to DVI (through Apple A1006 DVI->ADC adapter) output of my gfx card MorphOS initialised only one display - the ADC one.

Yeah, that IS unfair. AND we already know that combo works with the G4 (its one of the reasons I've kept a G4 around - I can still have a separate W3D capable display). FURTHER, that won't work with a G5.

However...Koszer, supporting a second display on Radeon cards might mean a rewrite of our drivers for each Radeon card, and Mark is busy working on new driver support (AND, no doubt, a lot of other projects, THEN there is his real job, that has him working hard and traveling quite a bit).
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »26.04.17 - 12:05
    Kronos
    External (2nd) output of th Powerbooks only works as analog (VGA), this see,s also true for AGP cards, so useing 2 digital monitors (DVI and ADC) will fail.
  • »26.04.17 - 12:17
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Kronos wrote:
    External (2nd) output of th Powerbooks only works as analog (VGA), this see,s also true for AGP cards, so useing 2 digital monitors (DVI and ADC) will fail.

So the ADC display out will not work on AGP cards if the VGA or DVI out is not used?
    I've been wondering about this for awhile, since older posts by Andre seemed to indicate this.
  • »26.04.17 - 12:28
    Kronos
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

Kronos wrote:

So the ADC display out will not work on AGP cards if the VGA or DVI out is not used?
    I've been wondering about this for awhile, since older posts by Andre seemed to indicate this.

Wooooot ???

Use only 1 monitor and whatever output you have and it will be designated Display1 getting both analog and digital signals (will also work on the PB when you close the lid directly after powering up)

Use 2 monitors, one output will be designated Display1 getting both digital and analog, monitor here also provides DCC info. 2nd output will be analog only.
  • »26.04.17 - 15:22
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Kronos wrote:
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

Kronos wrote:

Wooooot ???

Use only 1 monitor and whatever output you have and it will be designated Display1 getting both analog and digital signals (will also work on the PB when you close the lid directly after powering up)

Use 2 monitors, one output will be designated Display1 getting both digital and analog, monitor here also provides DCC info. 2nd output will be analog only.

Got it.
    So if I only use the ADC out, I'm cool with the Cinema Display, try to use two outputs and the output designated Display 2 will only get analog output (which if its the ADC out means no Cinema Display).

Right?
  • »26.04.17 - 17:54