French in menus and other questions
  • Just looking around
    It's taking time but I'm slowly configuring MorphOS and the Chrysalis add-ons. Everything is going well but still have a few questions:

When I right click on a .lha file to extract, much of the context menu is in English (copy, cut, paste) but other things especially on the bottom of the menu are in French (like Extract and Extract Here, Open in EUAE etc). Is there any way to get everything back to English?

A second question, is there a good ANIM player for MorphOS? I have many ANIM files I'd like to watch (and some work great though I can't modify the playback speed) which leads me to my next question...

How does one associate a filetype to open with a specific application? It'd be great to double click the .anim files and have them open up a player automatically.

Thanks for all the help!
    Pierre
  • »01.03.17 - 15:47
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

pfontaine2 wrote:
    When I right click on a .lha file to extract, much of the context menu is in English (copy, cut, paste) but other things especially on the bottom of the menu are in French (like Extract and Extract Here, Open in EUAE etc). Is there any way to get everything back to English?

I'd check Ambient's Mime settings... for example application/lha, application/x-adf etc. You can change them manually, but it would be good to give feedback to Chrysalis author to fix these things too :)

Quote:

A second question, is there a good ANIM player for MorphOS? I have many ANIM files I'd like to watch (and some work great though I can't modify the playback speed) which leads me to my next question...

I haven't tried to play any iff anims, buut.. at least found some suggestion from an old thread.

Quote:

How does one associate a filetype to open with a specific application? It'd be great to double click the .anim files and have them open up a player automatically.

Here are some examples:
    http://library.morph.zone/Getting_Started#Setting_MPlayer_as_the_Default_Player_on_Ambient
    http://library.morph.zone/Getting_Started#Setting_Jukebox_as_the_Default_Player_for_MP3_Files

video/x-anim seems to be the type to edit from Ambient's Mime settings...
  • »01.03.17 - 16:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > is there a good ANIM player for MorphOS? I have many ANIM files I'd like to watch
    > (and some work great though I can't modify the playback speed)

"UP/DOWN arrow keys: To rise or lower the speed for animations show in FPS."
    http://www.morguesoft.eu/Paginas/vamp.htm
  • »01.03.17 - 23:00
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Player part is already done, but I started to add anim format conversion functions etc, so it takes little more to finetune :) I'll have a few days pause, but if someone is in a hurry and wants a beta version, msg me. Anyway, Hollywood rules and allows this kind of "rapid" software development, kind of an AMOS of today, but much better :)

The player will feature:
    - MUI-GUI
    - Loads IFF Anims, GIF anims, AVI/MJPEG, and with plugins some other formats too (APNG, Flic, Movie Setter, YAFA...)
    - Saves to GIF, APNG, AVI/MJPEG
    - Full ARexx controlling
    - Shell arguments
    - Adjustable speed (by factor or by framerate)
    - Keyboard controls
    - Zooming to different sizes
    - And some more...

screenshot.png
  • »10.03.17 - 15:57
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    igracki
    Could you also support creating gif anims from single images?
  • »11.03.17 - 12:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

igracki wrote:
    Could you also support creating gif anims from single images?

Should be possible. I've also been thinking about it, at least if there's enough interest... I'll have to think better if I need redesign the GUI much for that or could I implement with the current compact player-like design.

With the current program you already can also convert animations to different sizes. If you resize the window, animation gets scaled, and if you save the animation it gets saved in the new size. Also the speed settings will affect to the saved animation. Delays between single frames will be adjustable soon too.
  • »11.03.17 - 14:29
    Profile Visit Website