MorphZone.org Domain Name
  • ASiegel
    Hello everyone, the original registered owners have released the morphzone.org domain name. It should become available for registration some time within the next two weeks.

While there are no plans to move MorphZone away from "morph.zone", despite the higher annual costs, if any of you have an emotional attachment to the morphzone.org domain and would prefer to keep it away from spammers, you are about to have a chance to get it for yourself.
  • »14.02.17 - 10:25
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    morphzone.org is listed as not available in my searches.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »15.02.17 - 16:55
  • ASiegel
    Quick update in case anybody is interested: The domain is being offered for auction by Godaddy until March 5. The minimum bid is 12,00 USD / 11,99 EUR.
  • »23.02.17 - 08:10
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    pampers
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    Quick update in case anybody is interested: The domain is being offered for auction by Godaddy until March 5. The minimum bid is 12,00 USD / 11,99 EUR.

Why don't you get it and make a redirection to morph.zone?
    MorphOS 3.x
  • »23.02.17 - 11:37
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    @ pampers

I have insufficient personal interest in retaining the old domain name to pay for it.

I opened this discussion thread merely for the sake of transparency. In the unlikely case that anybody feels differently about it than I do, they now have an opportunity to step in.

(For the record, the MorphZone.info domain will not be renewed either. Due to the much shorter time of use, I sincerely doubt anybody will care about this one though.)
  • »23.02.17 - 15:03
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    I wanted to contribute so I placed a bid (with the intention to also pay for keeping the domain alive in the future), because I think it would be a point in keeping various old links working pointing here from who knows what sites. It seems someone has placed a limit higher than my bid though. I don't feel too keen in engaging a bidding race (who knows where it would end?) over a domain name that has really lost its meaning in practice, so...

:-/
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »27.02.17 - 13:20
  • ASiegel
    @ takemehomegrandma

Thanks for looking into it. No need for a bidding war, indeed.
  • »27.02.17 - 14:31
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I can't fully describe how much I dislike (hate) people or organizations who buy url's just to sit on them hoping they can coerce people who are really interested in using that url to pay a much higher price to obtain it. If it were up to me, it would be illegal to sit on domain names, if you have no intention to use them, and are only sitting on them to extort money from people who actually want to use any particular url.

I have a company name that I have used for the last 10+ years, but it is not something that really makes any money, but I suppose it could some time in the future, and various people or organizations have tied up the .com url for my company name, and constantly send me emails offering to sell the domain name to me. I usually ignore their emails, but occasionally, I send them the nastiest email I can come up with, just to voice my hatred for what they are doing.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »27.02.17 - 22:41
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    I can't fully describe how much I dislike (hate) people or organizations who buy url's just to sit on them hoping they can coerce people who are really interested in using that url to pay a much higher price to obtain it. If it were up to me, it would be illegal to sit on domain names, if you have no intention to use them, and are only sitting on them to extort money from people who actually want to use any particular url.

I have a company name that I have used for the last 10+ years, but it is not something that really makes any money, but I suppose it could some time in the future, and various people or organizations have tied up the .com url for my company name, and constantly send me emails offering to sell the domain name to me. I usually ignore their emails, but occasionally, I send them the nastiest email I can come up with, just to voice my hatred for what they are doing.

I have to agree.
    Unfortunately domains is not the only thing this happens.

Manfred
  • »28.02.17 - 05:36
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Can someone tell me how I can find out who owns any certain domain name, when entering it redirects you to a different site? Is there a way to look up if the url is actually owned by the people trying to sell it? I don't know much about such things, but would like to keep an eye on the domain name I am interested in obtaining, to know when it is about to expire, and maybe get lucky enough to purchase it on the exact date and time when it expires.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »28.02.17 - 22:16
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Looks like Bill Buck owns morphzone.org if you do a whois on it now.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »07.03.17 - 01:31
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    Looks like Bill Buck owns morphzone.org if you do a whois on it now.

Seems unlikely, why would Bill bother?
    But if you need a denial or confirmation you could always ask Andre to make an inquiry.
  • »07.03.17 - 21:44
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > why would Bill bother?

Wasn't he (or Genesi) also the previous owner?
  • »07.03.17 - 22:35
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > why would Bill bother?

Wasn't he (or Genesi) also the previous owner?

That is why I suspect this listing still remains, but its really dated.
  • »08.03.17 - 12:54
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    I'd rather Bill own it than some retard that wants to screw it up. Havent talked to him in a long long time.
  • »09.03.17 - 00:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    bbrv
    Hi Folks. We hope you are all doing well.

We let Andre know we would not be renewing the domain in case anyone wanted to grab it. As the site was moved and redirected to a new URL, we did not think we needed to continue to carry the cost of the old domain. We let it go.

We have been in Washington D.C. now for three years. We moved out of the Weston Centre in San Antonio in late 2013. Feel free to stop by and say hello if you are in town.

Best regards,
    Raquel and Bill
  • »10.03.17 - 09:42
    Profile Visit Website