Any VIM users out there?
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    zukow
    Posts: 448 from 2005/2/9
    From: Poland
    ParseIFF is problably from iffparse.library.
  • »16.02.17 - 18:35
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    sTix
    Posts: 29 from 2003/12/7
    Quote:

    fx wrote:
    I did checkout your repository and played around a bit with compiling vim with different options, had some trouble getting your MUI-GUI-code to compile (complained about _ParseIFF_v1 or something which I couldn't find any reference to anywhere :/) so I simply compiled it without GUI for now. Well to the point, I actually managed to get the arrowkeys-working in a normal shell, thing is - I'm not exactly sure what I've done :)

    Gonna make some more tests and report back here with my findings.

    It still can't detect the size of the window though


    I just realized one thing, VIM can detect the size of the shell if you use the standard "Shell" instead of the "MUI Shell". It still cannot detect if you resize the window after startup though.
  • »17.02.17 - 23:30
    Profile
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    sTix
    Posts: 29 from 2003/12/7
    Quote:

    sTix wrote:
    Quote:

    fx wrote:
    I did checkout your repository and played around a bit with compiling vim with different options, had some trouble getting your MUI-GUI-code to compile (complained about _ParseIFF_v1 or something which I couldn't find any reference to anywhere :/) so I simply compiled it without GUI for now. Well to the point, I actually managed to get the arrowkeys-working in a normal shell, thing is - I'm not exactly sure what I've done :)

    Gonna make some more tests and report back here with my findings.

    It still can't detect the size of the window though


    I just realized one thing, VIM can detect the size of the shell if you use the standard "Shell" instead of the "MUI Shell". It still cannot detect if you resize the window after startup though.



    Added a small hack that makes it possible to manually (using ctrl + l) force VIM to resize and refresh. Only works with the standard shell though :-(

    2017-02-18:
    - Text mode resizing cheat now possible
    - Update to VIM 8.0.336
  • »18.02.17 - 00:35
    Profile
  • fx
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    fx
    Posts: 23 from 2010/10/12
    Awesome, gonna try it out!
  • »18.02.17 - 19:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    polluks
    Posts: 294 from 2007/10/23
    From: Gelsenkirchen,...
    Thanks for the port!

    Your archive simply does not contain the script flag:
    Code:
    > lha vv Vim_v8.00.363.lha *gvim
    LhA Freeware Version 2.7.12
    Copyright © 1991-94 by Stefan Boberg.
    Copyright © 1998,1999 by Jim Cooper and David Tritscher.
    Copyright © 2000-2013 by Ralph Schmidt, Harry Sintonen and Frank Mariak.

    Listing of archive 'Vim_v8.00.363.lha':
    Original Packed Ratio Date Time Atts Method CRC Host OS L U
    ---------- ---------- ----- --------- -------- -------- ------ ---- -------- ---
    VIM/gvim
    34 34 0.0% 24-Feb-17 19:10:46 ----rw-d -lh0- f8ec Unknown 0
    ---------- ---------- ----- --------- --------
    34 34 0.0% 24-Feb-17 20:59:44 1 files

    Also "version vim" makes an eek.
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.9
  • »26.02.17 - 13:05
    Profile
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    sTix
    Posts: 29 from 2003/12/7
    Quote:

    polluks wrote:
    Thanks for the port!

    Your archive simply does not contain the script flag:
    Code:
    > lha vv Vim_v8.00.363.lha *gvim
    LhA Freeware Version 2.7.12
    Copyright © 1991-94 by Stefan Boberg.
    Copyright © 1998,1999 by Jim Cooper and David Tritscher.
    Copyright © 2000-2013 by Ralph Schmidt, Harry Sintonen and Frank Mariak.

    Listing of archive 'Vim_v8.00.363.lha':
    Original Packed Ratio Date Time Atts Method CRC Host OS L U
    ---------- ---------- ----- --------- -------- -------- ------ ---- -------- ---
    VIM/gvim
    34 34 0.0% 24-Feb-17 19:10:46 ----rw-d -lh0- f8ec Unknown 0
    ---------- ---------- ----- --------- --------
    34 34 0.0% 24-Feb-17 20:59:44 1 files

    Also "version vim" makes an eek.



    About the script flag: Yes I know, that's why the installer sets the +s-flag. I'm probably using lha wrong but I just couldn't get it to preserve the s-flag, the installer thing is just an ugly workaround :-(

    About the version: Thanks for letting me know. I'll try to fix it within a couple of days.
  • »26.02.17 - 14:30
    Profile
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    polluks
    Posts: 294 from 2007/10/23
    From: Gelsenkirchen,...
    Code:
    version vim
    still does not work, it's required for Grunch.
    Pegasos II G4: MorphOS 3.9, Zalman M220W
    Power Mac G3: OSX 10.3 · PowerBook 5,8: OSX 10.5, MorphOS 3.9
  • »01.04.17 - 22:46
    Profile
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Korni
    Posts: 325 from 2006/2/23
    From: the Planet of ...
    Quote:


    I'm probably using lha wrong but I just couldn't get it to preserve the s-flag, the installer thing is just an ugly workaround :-(



    "-a Preserve file attributes (D)" option works here.
    http://korni.ppa.pl/modkowypaczek/ | My Rifle, My Bunny, and Me
  • »01.04.17 - 23:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    sTix
    Posts: 29 from 2003/12/7
    Quote:

    polluks wrote:
    Code:
    version vim
    still does not work, it's required for Grunch.


    Oh, crap. I'll try to allocate some time to fix it during the coming weekend.
  • »04.04.17 - 17:50
    Profile
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    sTix
    Posts: 29 from 2003/12/7
    Quote:

    Korni wrote:
    Quote:


    I'm probably using lha wrong but I just couldn't get it to preserve the s-flag, the installer thing is just an ugly workaround :-(



    "-a Preserve file attributes (D)" option works here.


    I use this line in the Makefile:

    lha -3rae a $(DST).lha $(DST)

    I don't know what version of lha I'm using but I'll do some experimenting when I'm around my MorphOS system next time.
  • »04.04.17 - 17:59
    Profile
  • MorphOS Developer
    jacadcaps
    Posts: 1490 from 2003/3/5
    From: Canada
    Quote:

    fx wrote:
    I actually managed to get the arrowkeys-working in a normal shell, thing is - I'm not exactly sure what I've done :)



    That actually depends on your TERM variable - it should be set to morphos or amiga to make ADOS shell specific CSI escapes work. Alternatively set it to xterm-color and change PowerTerm's settings to use Xterm. That however breaks old amiga shell apps.
  • »07.04.17 - 14:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    sTix
    Posts: 29 from 2003/12/7
    Quote:

    polluks wrote:
    Code:
    version vim
    still does not work, it's required for Grunch.


    A new version is up on Aminet now.

    2017-04-08:
    - Version string survives compiler optimizations :)
    - Update to VIM 8.0.553
  • »10.04.17 - 07:33
    Profile
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Waitsnake
    Posts: 26 from 2014/7/21
    Just read today in an other MOS forum that there is now Vim 8.0.553 for MOS which is great!

    I installed it but than I have also the problem that under CLI the arrow keys are not working.
    I also tried to remapping the key in vimrc as I read here. I tried a few but none was working. Since the arrow keys work in the GUI version just fine I ended up making an Alias from vim to "vim -g" as a workaround.

    Vim 6.0 that I use under MOS before did not have the issues the arrow keys under CLI.

    So hopefully there will be a fix soon. :-)



    [ Edited by Waitsnake 14.05.2017 - 16:26 ]
  • »14.05.17 - 15:25
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Waitsnake
    Posts: 26 from 2014/7/21
    I found another issue with vim 8.0 under MOS.

    While setting up my S:.vimrc file to change the colorscheme I saw that the color did not change after next startup of gvim?

    I tried "colo blue" and "colorscheme blue" but this entry seems to be ignored. On my other systems like OSX that line works fine.

    I can change the color in the menu of gvim "Edit->Color Scheme -> blue" but this setting can not be saved and is gone when I close gvim.

    [ Edited by Waitsnake 14.05.2017 - 17:24 ]
  • »14.05.17 - 16:10
    Profile Visit Website
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    sTix
    Posts: 29 from 2003/12/7
    Quote:

    Waitsnake wrote:
    I found another issue with vim 8.0 under MOS.

    While setting up my S:.vimrc file to change the colorscheme I saw that the color did not change after next startup of gvim?

    I tried "colo blue" and "colorscheme blue" but this entry seems to be ignored. On my other systems like OSX that line works fine.

    I can change the color in the menu of gvim "Edit->Color Scheme -> blue" but this setting can not be saved and is gone when I close gvim.


    In VIM:vimrc you'll find this line:

    autocmd GUIEnter * colo spring-night

    What happens if you put that line into your s:.vimrc (and replace "spring-night" with the scheme you'd like)?

    Does the other settings you have in s:.vimrc work? If the above doesn't work could you share your .vimrc?
  • »15.05.17 - 21:14
    Profile
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    sTix
    Posts: 29 from 2003/12/7
    Quote:

    Waitsnake wrote:
    Just read today in an other MOS forum that there is now Vim 8.0.553 for MOS which is great!

    I installed it but than I have also the problem that under CLI the arrow keys are not working.
    I also tried to remapping the key in vimrc as I read here. I tried a few but none was working. Since the arrow keys work in the GUI version just fine I ended up making an Alias from vim to "vim -g" as a workaround.

    Vim 6.0 that I use under MOS before did not have the issues the arrow keys under CLI.

    So hopefully there will be a fix soon. :-)




    Running VIM under CLI is not a great experience I'm afraid. That's why I ended up doing the MUI version.

    According to the comments above, fx did somehow get the arrow-keys to work under CLI though.

    @fx Am I right?
  • »15.05.17 - 21:38
    Profile
  • Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Waitsnake
    Posts: 26 from 2014/7/21
    Some off the settings in my S:.vimrc work defenitly like "syntax off" / "syntax on" or "set number" / "set nonumber". But as I said "colorscheme blue" or "colo blue" worked not.

    When I put the line "autocmd GUIEnter * colo blue" into my S:.vimrc it works a treat and the colosheme in the GUI is changed as expected. So thanks very much for your help. :-)

    I did some google search for the command "autocmd GUIEnter" you told me and this came up.

    It looks like this behaviour was also seen with vim 7.3 for some Windows users and they speculate that some plugin is messing it up.

    I also tried the secound workaround that I saw on stackoverflow which also worked.

    S:.vimrc
    gui
    colorscheme blue


    [ Edited by Waitsnake 15.05.2017 - 22:59 ]
  • »15.05.17 - 21:56
    Profile Visit Website