Ctrl-C two-for-one
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ausPPC
    My program calls Wait() on a message port signal, Ctrl-C & Ctrl-D. When I run it directly from the Shell there seem to be two Ctrl key events for each Ctrl-C or Ctrl-D keypress. If I run it within a debugger (either single stepping or running) there is only the expected single Ctrl key event.

It doesn't bother me that much as I've compensated for it but if anyone has any idea about where this extra Ctrl key event is coming from, I'm all ears. :)
    PPC assembly ain't so bad... ;)
  • »21.01.17 - 08:22
    Profile Visit Website
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    ausPPC
    I decided to try to reproduce this issue with a new program that does little more than Wait() on Ctrl C & D but the new program only receives single keypress events - as it should. So I modified it to be a little more like the initial program that has the issue by creating an additional message port and adding its signal bit to those being Wait()ed for - still, only single keypress events are coming in.

The other major difference between this program and the initial one is that the latter creates a child process. I'm not sure if I'll pursue this any further though...

[ Edited by ausPPC 23.01.2017 - 05:50 ]
    PPC assembly ain't so bad... ;)
  • »22.01.17 - 20:49
    Profile Visit Website