HP Photosmart 7660 on MorphOS
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Hi,

I have an old HP Photosmart 7660 USB inkjet printer I'd like to use with my MorphOS machine if at all possible. Currently, I'm having to produce PDFs and transport them on a memory stick to another machine; being able to go direct from MorphOS would be wonderful.

I've tried simply connecting it up and Poseidon recognises it straight away. However, there are no specific drivers for it as far as I can see - nor even any vaguely close drivers.

Are there any options for this printer at all?

Thanks
  • »10.10.16 - 07:23
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > Poseidon recognises it straight away.

Poseidon just displays what the USB device claims as its name. That's far from recognition.

> there are no specific drivers for it as far as I can see - nor even any
    > vaguely close drivers. Are there any options for this printer at all?

According to HP, this printer speaks PCL3GUI (and PML), which is not compatible with "normal" PCL. I guess you can't use this printer with MorphOS.
  • »10.10.16 - 11:04
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

Ginger1 wrote:
    Hi,

I have an old HP Photosmart 7660 USB inkjet printer I'd like to use with my MorphOS machine if at all possible. Currently, I'm having to produce PDFs and transport them on a memory stick to another machine; being able to go direct from MorphOS would be wonderful.

I've tried simply connecting it up and Poseidon recognises it straight away. However, there are no specific drivers for it as far as I can see - nor even any vaguely close drivers.

Are there any options for this printer at all?

Thanks

HP printers have HP ePrint. You could print simply by emailing the PDF to the ePrint address when you've set it up.

[EDIT: Erk, the 7660 is too old for eprint :/ ]

[ Edited by KennyR 11.10.2016 - 23:02 ]
  • »11.10.16 - 21:01
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    KennyR: Yup - too old for that unfortunately.

Andreas: Thank you for the categorical answer!

Will need to think about replacing the printer I think, as being able to print from MorphOS will really increase its role as a productivity machine.
  • »13.10.16 - 19:50