New Calimero preview: Calimero 3.7 with tabels
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

pegasos-sigi2 wrote:

You can't even try progs like pagestream, or OWB without the icon and the rest of there directorys. That's result in crash or a simple
    non function .

Well, in reallity applications should not crash when files are missing. Proper error checking is needed for *any* function you expect a result other than true or false. And even then it may be required to check the result as you may need to call some companion function to release, free or unlock stuff.

Checking for some images, data or other resources at program start can be done, but it is alot of work. On the plus side you can provide detailed information on the error before the user even does something.

However. It does not replace checking the result when the prior files are used. Images can be broken, memory situation can let loading fail or some other part out of your control can go wrong. e.g. what if the datatype is missing, old, incomplete? You cannot deal with all this.

All you can do is call mui to create some image button and hope for the best. If you get a NULL Object dump an error and shut down your application releasing all resources already obtained.

It is rule #1 for creating a stable application. Check everything and do it on first implementation and not afterwards. Development goes much easier, when all parts you already use are secured. It may sound like a waste of time, but the opposite is the case. You are saving your time, the time of beta testers and you software gets more stable out of the box.

Just think about the report stuff above. With a simple error message the "bug report" would be less confusing, more informative. Just think about how long you needed to process the report, trying yourself, asking for a better debug.log and so on.

Instead of "it does simply not work" you would have gotten a text like "Where do i get the missing files?" OR the tester would have noticed his mistake and got the missing stuff without bothering you at all. -> less time wasted.

BTW: Yesterday, after you told me about it, I tried it myself and made the same mistake. I unpacked the archive, clicked the app and got alot of missing images in an semi working window. No hit here, but that could be differ from system to system depending what memory trash the missing checks cause to be processed. Then, after noticing there is just a binary, I took some archive from aminet and "fixed it".

Like ASiegel said it saves time to provide a complete archive. You can just add some rule to the makefile or use a dos script. What ever you like. Again this is a little work, but you only need to do it once. Afterwards you run the script/makefile and it compiles and creates a ready to release archive without any work at all. You don´t even need to think about missing stuff, as if it is in there once, it will be there always.
  • »23.10.16 - 19:30
    Kronos
    Small addition, if an app needs tooltypes/arguments it is allways wise to provide an default in case the app is started in an unintented way.
  • »23.10.16 - 20:21
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

pegasos-sigi2 wrote: Ok. I found the bug ... In the front of your screen. ;-)

I can reproduce your log if i delete the icon of Calimero and try to make a table, normal text and so on..
    I haven't install it in the dir and start it directly on the ram: after unpacking. The result is this log like yours :-(

I did run the preview by double-clicking on the icon, and with the basic 'pic' folder in the same directory in RAM:
    I also tried it with all the other folders in place, Dictionaries, Hyphenation, Project, Texture, including the pic folder, and each time running it through double-clicking the Calimero (preview 4) Icon, it failed to load, and gave the error as I have already indicated, additionally causing my whole MorphOS system to become inactive.

So, had I been doing anything with another program then I would probably have lost that data or file. Fortunately, having had quite a bit of experience with your program(s) I usually make sure I have nothing else running or unsaved, just in case of such an eventuality - which is a wise precaution to take I find!

There is something wrong with this preview release, and not just me starting it from RAM:

Quote:

pegasos-sigi2 wrote: Why you try my prog alone on the ram: without a icon ?????????????????? And i can reproduce this behavior !

Pleaase do not start getting irate, as that is what you seem to be doing with comments like that, as I am trying to test the preview out for you, and it is not working as either I or others would expect it to. Let us all try to work together to help you help us. 8-D

As André Siegel, and Guido 'Geit' Mersmann have also indicated, some of your own 'homework' could be better managed, especially before you start blaming me or other users who are getting frustrated with Calimero, understandably, and who have done nothing to justify you getting seemingly so upset, for a situation you have in effect created yourself, sadly.

Quote:

pegasos-sigi2 wrote: My prog needs things like a icon (tooltypes !!) and some pathes to dictionaries.

I ran the preview version initially from a folder with all the necessary folders - as I mentioned above in this message - but I got the same error as far as I can tell.

Additionally after running your 'preview' it caused the whole MOS system to go inactive, and so I had to do a warm-reboot.

Then, when my system was back running again, I copied the basic files into RAM:, then launched Log-Tool, and then double-clicked on the Calimero preview 4 Icon, and got the same error, as far as I could tell as I did before. That is the log-tool output that I supplied to you.

Quote:

pegasos-sigi2 wrote: You can't even try progs like pagestream, or OWB without the icon and the rest of their directories. That's result in crash or a simple non function.

As I have said above, I did run the program with its Icon, but it failed to load properly, both when it was in its own directory on my HDD system, and with all the requisite/necessary folder/directories you say it needs, but it failed to start, and gave an error, and caused my MOS system to become inactive, requiring a reboot.

Having my system go inactive when I run your program is really very annoying/frustrating, especially when I am trying to test your software, and exacerbated/made worse when you point the 'finger of doom' at me, and others for issues that seem to be due to the way you have currently programmed Calimero, but as I have said I am genuinely trying to help you get it tested, for it to work properly/efficiently.
    Quote:

pegasos-sigi2 wrote: Is Pagestream or OWB buggy without the rest of their dirs ?? NO

BUT . . . sadly Calimero IS

It is not my intention to make my own life, or yours any more difficult than circumstances allow, but you need to fix Calimero, and implement some of the suggestions that you have been offered to enable this to take place, for your own, and the MorphOS users you want to allow to benefit from using your program, and I will be one of the first to congratulate you if it shows significant improvement. ;-)

I should also add that MorphOS users who take the time to offer such observations and advice, are giving you some of their, more than likely valuable, own time and effort to type such responses for your benefit, so what would make you think that they are doing so solely to make your life more difficult? At least that is my own observation on your comments. :-)
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »23.10.16 - 20:33
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    defender
    Hi Carsten,

I have tried your new Pre4 Version (with all needed folders).
    I have created a table and moved it around then I deleted it
    again.
    - Ending up in a crash Log:23-Okt-16 20:46:25
    68k Exception 2 <Unknown Exception>
    Task 0x22F42520 <Calimero>
    Dn[0] 00000010 28008248 2a0ea6cc 29c9eec8 234f9680 20ead934 26092798 234f9610
    An[0] 234f94e0 200bc9f0 00000004 804280ec 22a2e54c 234f96d0 20001948 00000000
    PC deadfee7 SR 0000
    68k StackTrace:
    PPC StackTrace:
    [ 0] 0x1010eea4 -> <@ABox: Module> Hunk 0 Offset 0xeea4
    [ 1] 0x1010e864 -> <@ABox: Module> Hunk 0 Offset 0xe864
    [ 2] 0x10119694 -> <@ABox: Module> Hunk 0 Offset 0x19694
    [ 3] 0x20caa0e8 -> <@MOSSYS:LIBS/trance.library> Hunk 1 Offset 0x4948
    [ 4] 0x11007494 -> <@ABox: Emulation> Hunk 0 Offset 0x7494
    [ 5] 0x11008c48 -> <@ABox: Emulation> Hunk 0 Offset 0x8c48
    [ 6] 0x22d66a80 -> <@DoMethodCalimero> Hunk 1 Offset 0x2e2d30
    [ 7] 0x22a99608 -> <@Calimero> Hunk 1 Offset 0x158b8
    [ 8] 0x22a8abb4 -> <@Calimero> Hunk 1 Offset 0x6e64
    [ 9] 0x20ebd668 -> <@MOSSYS:LIBS/muimaster.library> Hunk 1 Offset 0x17ea8
    [10] 0x20f402cc -> <@MOSSYS:LIBS/muimaster.library> Hunk 1 Offset 0x9ab0c

By the way I can't change the size of the rows or colums (they are ghosted)

nicht aufregen Carsten! wir testen alles was du uns gibst :-)
    PowerMac 3.6 - Radeon 9000_64Mb - 1,5Gb Ram - SB Live - MorphOS 3.9
    CD32 TF330 SILP Wifi- PowerBook 1,67GHz 1GB/100GB - MorphOS 3 reg. 1455 IMac Isight
  • »23.10.16 - 21:01
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    With the preview 4 release that is downloadable from MorphOS-Storage I put it all in RAM: with the full set of directories that Calimero needs, and it does now load up, and I see there is an option to pre-select the choice of many rows/colums the table should consist of - which is a nice feature, and that there are other pre-selected options for table sizes that a user might want to be able to quickly choose from, so that is also a good option. ;-)

Having said that, after opening a table, the table/row/columns themselves are still very 'fickle', i.e. do not always react in the way they are supposed to; in that sometimes you type text into an area of a table cell - and it is shown on the screen; you then move to another cell and the text you type does not appear in the cell.

I just tried to get the table edit option to allow me to 'delete' it after 'editing' was virtually ineffective, and got a system error - so my system needs to be re-started. :-(
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »29.10.16 - 01:46
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    With the preview 4 release that is downloadable from MorphOS-Storage I put it all in RAM: with the full set of directories that Calimero needs, and it does now load up, and I see there is an option to pre-select the choice of many rows/colums the table should consist of - which is a nice feature, and that there are other pre-selected options for table sizes that a user might want to be able to quickly choose from, so that is also a good option. ;-)

Having said that, after opening a table, the table/row/columns themselves are still very 'fickle', i.e. do not always react in the way they are supposed to; in that sometimes you type text into an area of a table cell - and it is shown on the screen; you then move to another cell and the text you type does not appear in the cell.

I just tried to get the table edit option to allow me to 'delete' it after 'editing' was virtually ineffective, and got a system error - so my system needs to be re-started. :-(

This "delete" bug is fixed in the next preview. But the next one needs more time, because the tableeditor was fully includet in the docwindow.
    Thanks to Geit, to show me a way to full include it in the MUI doc class. THANKS !
    Spreedy - The spreedsheet editor of MorphOS
    Calimero - Do you know about the new DTP Program for MorphOS ?
  • »29.10.16 - 09:44
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    @All:

I hope i can release a preview next time with a preview of your christmas present in it ;-)
    I don't know, if i have enough time for it.

To discuss: XLS.....
  • »29.10.16 - 09:50
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    OK, I'm grateful that you know of this 'delete' issue, and will hopefully have a fix for it soon, and that you have been aided by Geit, which is very kind of him, with a problem that you say that you were having some trouble solving on your own.

So, overall let's hope for a much better usable/stable release this next time. :-) Oooh! A Christmas present - how exciting! 8-D
  • »29.10.16 - 16:07
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    Ok a BIG Preview is coming to town...;-) Calimero_3.7 preview 5

At first: The Tableeditor mui class is now fully includet (thanks again GEIT). Now you are able to klick right into the cells and edit them.
    Now it's possible to create realy gigantic tables and complete workbooks with more than one worksheet (page with a table).
    Now it's possible, too, to join a gigantic number of cells to one single cell and unjoin them.

And now the best: I have get a example source code to parse binary XLS (Excel). This code support Excel 98 til Excel 2013.
    All my test xls files work :-) . Calimero is able to import binary XLS files and deliver a parser test text in ram:
    The bindings to Calimero was finished later. In the same time i port the libxlsxwriter.a . This lib can export data to the new Excel format
    XLSX ( a xml codet ziped text file). The bindings to Calimero are nearly complete :-) only the binding to export formulas are stoped , because i must include formulas first in Calimero. ;-)

I need a person to test this xlsx files, because i haven't excel (realy funny ... argl) and to test the import of xls files.

[ Edited by pegasos-sigi2 01.11.2016 - 23:56 ]
  • »01.11.16 - 23:50
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    defender
    Quote:

pegasos-sigi2 schrieb:

At first: The Tableeditor mui class is now fully includet (thanks again GEIT). Now you are able to klick right into the cells and edit them.
    Now it's possible to create realy gigantic tables and complete workbooks with more than one worksheet (page with a table).
    Now it's possible, too, to join a gigantic number of cells to one single cell and unjoin them.

And now the best: I have get a example source code to parse binary XLS (Excel). This code support Excel 98 til Excel 2013.
    All my test xls files work :-) . Calimero is able to import binary XLS files and deliver a parser test text in ram:
    The bindings to Calimero was finished later. In the same time i port the libxlsxwriter.a . This lib can export data to the new Excel format
    XLSX ( a xml codet ziped text file). The bindings to Calimero are nearly complete :-) only the binding to export formulas are stoped , because i must include formulas first in Calimero. ;-)

I need a person to test this xlsx files, because i haven't excel (realy funny ... argl) and to test the import of xls files.

->Now you are able to klick right into the cells and edit them

Same Trouble as before, I can create a table and move it around.
    Right click shows: Export as .... everything working (as far as I can tell- no excel)
    Border (ghosted)
    Row > size (ghosted)
    Column > size (ghosted)
    Cell > Join/Unjoin (ghosted)
    Delete .... working - no crashes so far!

I can create all tables that I want :-)
    I can delete them :-)
    I can move them around :-)
    I can export to PNG or PDF and others I can't test :-)

Strange effects when filling the table with text. Everything is shown with shadows.

Thanks for the update!
    CD32 TF330 SILP Wifi- PowerBook 1,67GHz 1GB/100GB - MorphOS 3 reg. 1455 IMac Isight
  • »02.11.16 - 22:58
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    My observations are the same as defender :-(

Plenty of ghosts but nothing real. Which is spooky as it's no longer Halloween. 8-D
  • »03.11.16 - 00:56
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    defender
    Quote:

pegasos-sigi2 schrieb:

I have send a file with tables and Text to a PC with Excel - I'm sorry but it does not show a page at all.
    The Excel program starts - thats all.
    If you want I can create an XLSX file for you, just to compare Calimeros output with Excels.
  • »03.11.16 - 21:04
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    defender
    @Carsten: I have made a Snoopium Log off a Calimero Startup (without the *.elf depedencies)

[4] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Coloradjust.mui] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [5] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Coloradjust.mui] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [6] [ramlib] [Load] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Coloradjust.mui] [] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [16] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Colorring.mui] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [17] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Colorring.mui] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [18] [ramlib] [Load] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Colorring.mui] [] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [25] [Calimero] [Open] [mui/ring_mode] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [26] [Calimero] [Open] [env:mui/colors.txt] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [30] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Colorfield.mui] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [31] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Colorfield.mui] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [32] [ramlib] [Load] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Colorfield.mui] [] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [39] [Calimero] [Open] [PROGDIR:Catalogs/deutsch/Aboutbox_mcc.catalog] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [43] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Floattext.mui] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [44] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Floattext.mui] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [45] [ramlib] [Load] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Floattext.mui] [] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [55] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/Textinputscroll.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [56] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/Textinputscroll.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [57] [ramlib] [Load] [MOSSYS:LIBS/Textinputscroll.mcc] [] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [64] [ramlib] [Open] [LIBS:Textinputscroll.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [65] [ramlib] [Open] [LIBS:Textinputscroll.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [66] [ramlib] [Load] [LIBS:Textinputscroll.mcc] [] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [67] [ramlib] [Open] [Textinputscroll.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [68] [ramlib] [Open] [Textinputscroll.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [69] [ramlib] [Load] [Textinputscroll.mcc] [] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [73] [ramlib] [Open] [PROGDIR:LIBS/Textinputscroll.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [74] [ramlib] [Open] [PROGDIR:LIBS/Textinputscroll.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [75] [ramlib] [Load] [PROGDIR:LIBS/Textinputscroll.mcc] [] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [79] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Textinputscroll.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [80] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Textinputscroll.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [81] [ramlib] [Load] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Textinputscroll.mcc] [] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [91] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/Textinput.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [92] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/Textinput.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [93] [ramlib] [Load] [MOSSYS:LIBS/Textinput.mcc] [] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [100] [ramlib] [Open] [LIBS:Textinput.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [101] [ramlib] [Open] [LIBS:Textinput.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [102] [ramlib] [Load] [LIBS:Textinput.mcc] [] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [103] [ramlib] [Open] [Textinput.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [104] [ramlib] [Open] [Textinput.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [105] [ramlib] [Load] [Textinput.mcc] [] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [109] [ramlib] [Open] [PROGDIR:LIBS/Textinput.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [110] [ramlib] [Open] [PROGDIR:LIBS/Textinput.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [111] [ramlib] [Load] [PROGDIR:LIBS/Textinput.mcc] [] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [115] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Textinput.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [116] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Textinput.mcc] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [117] [ramlib] [Load] [MOSSYS:LIBS/mui/Textinput.mcc] [] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [124] [Calimero] [Open] [muidebug] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [128] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/multimedia/xpk.demuxer] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [129] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LIBS/multimedia/xpk.demuxer] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [130] [ramlib] [Load] [MOSSYS:LIBS/multimedia/xpk.demuxer] [] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [140] [ramlib] [Open] [PROGDIR:Catalogs/deutsch/xpkmaster.catalog] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [141] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LOCALE/Catalogs/deutsch/xpkmaster.catalog] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [142] [ramlib] [Open] [LOCALE:Catalogs/deutsch/xpkmaster.catalog] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [143] [ramlib] [Open] [PROGDIR:Catalogs/deutsch/xpkmaster.catalog] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [144] [ramlib] [Open] [MOSSYS:LOCALE/Catalogs/deutsch/xpkmaster.catalog] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [145] [ramlib] [Open] [LOCALE:Catalogs/deutsch/xpkmaster.catalog] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [146] [Calimero] [Open] [Work:Applications/Calimero/Dictionaries/8D72AC79.idx] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]
    [147] [Calimero] [Open] [SC_CACHE] [Lesen] [Fehlgeschlagen]

I have copied my MUI folder to MOSYS:Libs/ that solved most of the issues - but its not the right place, is it?
    How about the "The Tableeditor mui class" where is this class inside your system?
    Do we might need it to edit the table? (ich hab keine Ahnung aber frage kostet nichts :-) )

greets
  • »04.11.16 - 21:33
    Profile Visit Website
  • MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

I have copied my MUI folder to MOSYS:Libs/ that solved most of the issues - but its not the right place, is it?
    How about the "The Tableeditor mui class" where is this class inside your system?

Eeks, you modified MOSSYS:, which is a big, big, big, big, big, big, big, no go!
  • »04.11.16 - 21:58
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    defender
    Quote:

geit schrieb:
    Quote:

Eeks, you modified MOSSYS:, which is a big, big, big, big, big, big, big, no go!

It was just a test... I have deleted it right after the test. It was just to see if those faults are gone
    when Calimero finds all files at the wanted places.

I don't know what Carstens MOS set up looks like, but it seems to be different from the standart setup.
  • »05.11.16 - 14:48
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    New one: Calimero 3.7 preview 7

What's new:

+ Any Bugfixes in the tables mui class
    + Optimations in the editor mui class (It's my internal mui class NOT this external one ;-) )
    + Add cell join mui class renderer in custom group layout renderer. ( a very long string ;-) )
    + Add formula handling in table class.
    + Add formula parser , too
    + Fix a mui bug (Not my fail... :-) )

Now all tables in Calimero support formula calculation.
    I add some simple formulas in the new poplist ontop of the pageeditor.
    Every cell is able to calculate complicate formulas with "()+-*/",too.

Now i include the cell-join class in the document class, too. So you are able to edit directly a joined cell group in the document.
    And: Joined cell groups coud calculate, too. :-)

The number formating is under construction, and i did't know if only 3 currencys are enough...

Demo files like XLSX are wellkome!
    I need binary XLS files with simple text and numbers in the cells,too.
    I need to the binary XLS files a screenshot of this table, if possible.

[ Edited by pegasos-sigi2 06.11.2016 - 15:13 ]
  • »06.11.16 - 15:11
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Sigh... And it's already at 3.7p7!
  • »06.11.16 - 16:54
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    For the time being I'm choosing to stay out of this thread, as it currently seems to be going nowhere, sadly
  • »07.11.16 - 04:32
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    pegasos-sigi2
    Quote:

koszer wrote:
    Sigh... And it's already at 3.7p7!

Sir ! What coudn't you do ? Take a look here: Calimero do wrapping

And the bug is in front of a screen, again. Argl...
    I use the american hyphenation dictionary to wrap. You can try the british one, too.
    And to note: I can wrap. I set up a dictionary in Calimero prefs, and it works.

The only reason to a not working wrapping is to deactivate this feature in the tooltypes.

Actutal tooltypes

Code:
    cursorblink=no
    hyphenation=yes
    Auto_Eventlayer_Handler=yes
    XLS_debug=yes
  • »07.11.16 - 17:24
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    koszer
    Dear Carsten,

I'm not upset with hyphenation, I'm upset with word wrapping. As long as the program does some random, in-word wraps to the next line it's useless to me. For example I write a mail to my aunt using Calimero:

Quote:

Dear aunt,

It's been long since I've been hearing from y
    ou. I hope everything is OK and uncle is doin
    g fine. We're eagerly waiting for you to visi
    t us again some time next year. Give us a cal
    l the next time you'll be in Tarnów.

Loving,
    koszer.

That's simply unnacteptable. And I'm not making that up. Look at the last two lines of your screenshot. Calimero cuts word "wrapping" to:

Quote:

wrapp
    ing

and

Quote:

wrappi
    ng

The bug persists from one version to another. Every time the next version pops up I download it and check if it's gone but no. Hence my irritation. But that's just me, probably everybody else's just happy about it.
  • »07.11.16 - 17:53
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    No, I'm not happy about it either, as I have said numerous times to Carsten, but the code still causes erratic text handling, and makes it currently basically unusable, at least that's my opinion.

(Apologies, as I said I'd stay out of this thread, but I'm just corroborating your (kozser) opinion/observations.
  • »07.11.16 - 21:29