AmigaKit
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > you make me feel I have crossed some sort of line here so
    > I don't feel comfortable saying anything more.

Okay, this *is* Twilight Zone :-)

Just drop it friend.
    I know what he means, and we probably shouldn't have mentioned it.
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »13.09.16 - 21:01
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I know what he means, and we probably shouldn't have mentioned it.

To be honest, I'm not sure why I've been talking to you about some public statement Yasu says he remembers to have read and you don't. This conversation has been so weird I can't make head or tail of it.
  • »13.09.16 - 21:43
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > I know what he means, and we probably shouldn't have mentioned it.

To be honest, I'm not sure why I've been talking to you about some public statement Yasu says he remembers to have read and you don't. This conversation has been so weird I can't make head or tail of it.

God I love your literal bend. I'm pretty sure Johannes heard this from the same person I did, but I don't remember seeing anything posted.
    And what makes you think that the PPC version of MorphOS would no longer be supported after the X64 version was released?
    As far as I know, there has never been any public statement to that effect either.
    We do know we won't be getting SMP support, 32 bit or 64 bit memory support, or anything else that will break legacy compatibility.

But other than that, there isn't any clear statement about the future of the PPC version.

And even if support is discontinued, I'll keep using it as long as possible.
  • »13.09.16 - 21:52
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > I'm pretty sure Johannes heard this from the same person I did,
    > but I don't remember seeing anything posted.

As we're talking about a public statement, anything said in private belongs to a different discussion (or none at all).

> what makes you think that the PPC version of MorphOS would no longer
    > be supported after the X64 version was released?

Huh? You must be mis-attributing someone else's comment(s) to me. Either this or you're fantasizing.
  • »13.09.16 - 22:55
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > I'm pretty sure Johannes heard this from the same person I did,
    > but I don't remember seeing anything posted.

As we're talking about a public statement, anything said in private belongs to a different discussion (or none at all).

> what makes you think that the PPC version of MorphOS would no longer
    > be supported after the X64 version was released?

Huh? You must be mis-attributing someone else's comment(s) to me. Either this or you're fantasizing.

You're a little surly today.
    Didn't mean to upset you.
    And you are right, confidences are different than public statements.
    Which is the primary reason I feel more uncomfortable than Johannes.
    I don't remember a public statement on this and I think Yasu might be mistaken.

But...no fantasies here.
    Just concern that dragging this out will create some negative sentiments.

I'm not commenting on this further.
  • »13.09.16 - 23:37
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > You're a little surly today.

No, just completely puzzled as to our conversation.

> I think Yasu might be mistaken.

I'm inclined to believe Yasu, so this would be between Yasu and you then :-)

> Just concern that dragging this out will create some negative sentiments.

Nobody asked you to drag anything out. I asked two questions to Yasu, one of which he answered, while choosing not to answer the other one (for whatever reason). Anything beyond this has been unnecessary in my opinion.

> I'm not commenting on this further.

I can't say I'm too depressed about that ;-)
  • »14.09.16 - 00:21
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    >I'm inclined to believe Yasu, so this would be between Yasu and you then :-)

I PM'd him.

>> I'm not commenting on this further.

>I can't say I'm too depressed about that ;-)

Cool, then you are in a better frame of mind than I am. :(

And, it is quite possible it was mentioned.
  • »14.09.16 - 11:18
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    It really makes me wonder what the hell Hyperion has done all year since the last Amiwest. While AmigaDave and I were at the show I got a great impression of the OS4.1FE development on the X5000. They had it running on several demo machines and even some of the Beta testers had machines with it. What the hell is the issue? I am looking forward to the show this year just to see what they say.

Before this week my fastest MorphOS machine was my 1.67 Powerbook. I just picked up a 2GHZ G5 machine for next to nothing and registered it. If the X5000 runs even just as good (and I hear its faster on MorphOS) I would love to pick one up. This G5 is simply amazing. I would have got one a lot sooner had I known it ran this well. All I have is a 9600XT in mine too.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »15.09.16 - 18:29
    Profile Visit Website
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Has anyone seen the patently fake benchmark numbers comparing Tabor to the SAM460 and the G5 Quad core being posted on AmigaWorld in the tread entitled "Is the pre-order for A1222 going to start"?
    While there has been some backlash, no one at Aeon or AmigaKit has publicly made a comment about it.

Apparent, unbeknownst to any of us, these posts inform everyone that not only is Tabor immensely superior to the SAM460, its also better than a G5 Quad core PowerMac.
  • »17.09.16 - 10:45
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Has anyone seen the patently fake benchmark numbers comparing Tabor to the SAM460 and the G5 Quad core being posted on AmigaWorld in the tread entitled "Is the pre-order for A1222 going to start"?
    While there has been some backlash, no one at Aeon or AmigaKit has publicly made a comment about it.

Apparent, unbeknownst to any of us, these posts inform everyone that not only is Tabor immensely superior to the SAM460, its also better than a G5 Quad core PowerMac.

I didn't see it until you mentioned, so I went and read the thread. I knew before even going it would be tlosm posting bullshit. Of course A-Eonkit won't correct tlosm, they are all too happy to allow such blatantly false information stay (while having their lackey censor negative remarks).

Sorry Rob, you can't dispute this. An A-eonkit employee participated in the thread. You can't use the "they aren't aware, too busy to associate themselves with the commoners".
  • »17.09.16 - 15:23
  • Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Quote:

Jim wrote:

I didn't see it until you mentioned, so I went and read the thread. I knew before even going it would be tlosm posting bullshit. Of course A-Eonkit won't correct tlosm, they are all too happy to allow such blatantly false information stay (while having their lackey censor negative remarks).

Sorry Rob, you can't dispute this. An A-eonkit employee participated in the thread. You can't use the "they aren't aware, too busy to associate themselves with the commoners".

Yeah, his posts are disturbing.
    Every benchmark I can find places the Quad core G5 above all AmigaOne models except the P5040 Quad core version of the X5000.

Not that I can't see Tabor being adequate for some users, but imagine the negative sentiment that might be generated if people take these posts seriously and uses them as part of their reasoning for buying Tabor?
  • »17.09.16 - 17:59