For the attention of Kronos
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    You were right about the coupon scam, I was right about the Clinton Crime Family.

Almost died when I finally scrolled to the bottom of that page and saw the statement "about us", which states that the site promotes unbiased discussion. ;-)

I agree that both Clinton's are crooked, but 99.5% of all millionaires and 99.9999% of all politicians are equally crooked, so that is no surprise. What scares me is that there is insufficient activism for electing an Independent candidate, and we are going to get screwed by either Republican, or Democratic candidates. I fear we may already be out of time to successfully promote an Independent candidate that can defeat either Trump, or Clinton.

Makes me want to emigrate to a different country.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »29.07.16 - 04:58
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    I agree that both Clinton's are crooked, but 99.5% of all millionaires and 99.9999% of all politicians are equally crooked, so that is no surprise. What scares me is that there is insufficient activism for electing an Independent candidate, and we are going to get screwed by either Republican, or Democratic candidates. I fear we may already be out of time to successfully promote an Independent candidate that can defeat either Trump, or Clinton.

All politicians are corrupt, but not all politics are. What Clinton stands for is so-called "progressive" politics, which is fundamentally a corrupt ideology, at least in practice. While they pretend to cultivate social justice, they are really just garnering power by amplifying the identity differences around people - gender, sexuality, race - for their own gain. They are authoritarians, never shrinking away from forcing others to think as they do. They persecute and punish dissidents and "wrongthinkers" by creating a system they can't win inside. And all the time, they pretend to be on the side of the common people, while cosying up to banks, corporations, and wealthy lobbyists.

We kicked ours out. You will too.
  • »29.07.16 - 20:06
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:

Almost died when I finally scrolled to the bottom of that page and saw the statement "about us", which states that the site promotes unbiased discussion. ;-)

What I think Wayne means is the site itself is unbiased, all views are welcome. I was away from the site for several years, but when I was active before my (American) right leaning views were largely in the minority. While Hillary is getting roundly thrashed in that thread, Hillary doesn't have many enthusiastic supporters anywhere these days. If I were to start another political thread about a sensitive subject such as abortion, I'd almost exclusively get shouted down.

I guess I should also mention the site apparently went through a few soft-reboots in recent years. I think Wayne would prefer move away from politics. Hard to break old habits though :-)

[ Edited by redrumloa 29.07.2016 - 23:40 ]
  • »30.07.16 - 02:38
    Kronos
    All I can say is that red swallowed not only hook line and sinker but the whole fisherman this time.

Even if it were all true (given the sources, quite unlikely) it would not be unusual for any longterm politicians.

With a bit of effort one could dig up just as much on the Bushes, Reagan or Trump (shady buisness on the last one as he has 0 political experience).

So please stop talking US politics, or might turn gratefull for having "Mutti" *yuk*
  • »30.07.16 - 07:43